11-16-2008, 09:19 AM
1) You have two horses in the lead both are 1st by a length

A 21.4 track variant 9

B 21.4 track variant 12

Do you take into account that the track was faster when A ran

2)

A 22.0 1ST by a length

B 21.3 2ND two lengths back

Will you add the beaten lengths to B making it a 22.0 or do you think since A was in 1st position that he will be in front

I would tend to think yes in both cases but wanted to get other views on it as well.

BIG HIT
11-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Question #1 edge Question #2 add.Assumeing all is equal think other's are much better hdcp then i and go deeper than i good luck

raybo
11-16-2008, 10:30 AM
1) You have two horses in the lead both are 1st by a length

A 21.4 track variant 9

B 21.4 track variant 12

Do you take into account that the track was faster when A ran

2)

A 22.0 1ST by a length

B 21.3 2ND two lengths back

Will you add the beaten lengths to B making it a 22.0 or do you think since A was in 1st position that he will be in front

I would tend to think yes in both cases but wanted to get other views on it as well.

Probably depends on who's variant you are using. If the track surface was truly 3 points different then I think the obvious answer is that "A" ran on a faster surface and thus, when comparing the 2 times, there must be an adjustment made. However, in the 2nd example especially, running styles must be part of the equation. If one of the horses commonly takes the lead early then he would probably take the lead in this matchup, no matter what the variant tells you.

Good questions!