PDA

View Full Version : Did you bet any races today? Saturday Nov 15th

JustRalph
11-15-2008, 07:37 PM
I am in Charlotte today so I couldn't bet anyway.........but I download some cards and practice a little, and keep my databases up to date when I am here.

I was watching all the bad weather......... and wondering between the ADW lockouts and such............ how many of us actually wagered today..........? Any bet at all counts.

I thought a poll would be appropiate and you can make multiple selections..........

I am thinking that adding in bad weather to the already mixed up ADW mess, things might be getting worse for the tracks.......? Anybody think another 5% drop in handle is in the offing?

DeanT
11-15-2008, 08:22 PM
I did.

I wonder if we could get into some kinda 12 monkeys machine and turn back the clock to about 11AM. If so I would have done something more productive like washing my dog.

judd
11-15-2008, 08:24 PM
yes i did--lost every bet :bang:

cmoore
11-15-2008, 08:58 PM
These are the days you look for the mud sires and non firm turf pedigrees.

HUSKER55
11-15-2008, 09:17 PM
i DID, and I did well the first two races. As far as I know the rest of my picks are still sliding around somewhere. I have no clue if they crossed the line or not.

I got a new notebook and I am starting to make rules. I am not betting off tracks again. (that is rule #1). Rule #2: If I break Rule #1 make sure I am drunk. won't change anything but I won't know the difference.:D Then when I come to the next day I can blame it on the bad booze. :rolleyes:

Seven in a row. That has got to be a record somewhere.

Norm
11-15-2008, 09:38 PM
No bets today. I'm in study mode, gearing-up for the up-coming AQU inner track meet. This meet is an essential part of my capping fiscal year. I spent my capping time reviewing last year's charts and PPs ... what I did right and where I screwed up. It was a good meet last year, I'm looking for better this year.

cmoore
11-15-2008, 10:00 PM
No bets today. I'm in study mode, gearing-up for the up-coming AQU inner track meet. This meet is an essential part of my capping fiscal year. I spent my capping time reviewing last year's charts and PPs ... what I did right and where I screwed up. It was a good meet last year, I'm looking for better this year.

Early speed dominates..If the horse quit in his last at the 4f mark...Bet him next time out if on the inner track..

LutherCalvin
11-15-2008, 10:26 PM
I took my apprentice (newbie) to the off track betting parlor today and made a few sheckels. He thought I was a handicapping god. Seemed like there was a lot of chalk winners. Didn't like all the scratches, however. May move up my wagering to 2x a week if I stay on the positive side of the ledger.

DeanT
11-15-2008, 11:02 PM
If I break Rule #1 make sure I am drunk.

That is some of the best handicapping advice I have ever read on this site and I plan to follow it the next time this happens. DanG, Meadow, Platt, CJ you have met your match! :)

juanepstein
11-15-2008, 11:05 PM
off tracks rule

lamboguy
11-15-2008, 11:19 PM
i bet 365 days a year, haven't missed a day in 30 years now.

Track Collector
11-15-2008, 11:33 PM
I bet today. I usually miss about 5-7 days a year, so I'm not up to Lamboguy's standard.

comet52
11-16-2008, 12:07 AM
I bet the 8 in the 5th at Woodbine. After I watched the 7 overcome him to win, I flipped off the video and went back to capping another race. Later I looked at my log and saw that I got paid - the 7 got dq'd. $15.90 to win no less.

It makes up for some of those bad beats along the way. :)

Hosshead
11-16-2008, 05:51 AM
I wonder if horses who are bet down drastically from the ML (or another criteria) on Wet Dirt tracks win any more often than the same group on fast Dirt tracks?
The angle being that the trainer/connections often (not always) have an idea (beforehand) that he "likes" the off going.
However it might be difficult to find this data (or any data) on "intention", as many are bet down simply because they're speed horses on wet tracks, and anyone can see this in the pp's.

Zman179
11-16-2008, 07:09 AM
i bet 365 days a year, haven't missed a day in 30 years now.

Really? What track do you bet on on Christmas Day?

Me, I didn't make a single bet on Saturday since I was busy doing other things, but I do plan on getting down a few on Sunday. Not too many though as I'm in a bad losing streak.

cj's dad
11-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Calder used to run on Christmas - don't know if they still do.

Zman179
11-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Calder used to run on Christmas - don't know if they still do.

I remember, but I think they discontinued that a little more than five years ago.

point given
11-17-2008, 11:22 AM
I did bet on the sloppy day (s). Sure alot of off the turf scratches make for some small fields, but find a way to play it and make some money. I skip a few , but playing p3s made me review and watch alot as the Big A wasnot a speed only play. The days when you are supposed to skip are drying out tracks, because the nature of the surface is changing alot during the day . I think most players who put the time in to handicap a card are reticent to skip out after thay have time invested, and then a poor result from sloppy tracks compound their frustration. Back in the days of buying the Tomlinson books, I used to try to memorize the potent and suprisingly high figure sires and not just look at a number in the DRF and bet that. I was reminded of that on friday when listening to Jessica Pacheco for the Fairgrounds card which was on a sloppy track and she referred to a runner with a 432 tomlinson/ Since i no longer use the drf for pps for several years now and lack the numbers, I relie on my addled old brain to remember those strong slop numbers. I wonder what others are doing to handicap slop now adays. Tomlinsons, own list of slop sires, ?/?

BUD
11-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Without handicapping and the excitement of the race, I would have a piss poor existence....Until I can walk again and do day to day activities----I find myself living race day to race day-----And occupying my mind with the puzzle that is the race------Fills the voids----Fills them well I might add.

I am so jealous of you folks---Most of you have been doing this for almost a lifetime---It took my trauma and some searching for some meaning and challenge in my day to find the game------

JustRalph
11-18-2008, 04:14 AM
Wow, over 60 percent placed a wager on a crappy rainy day all over the country..........interesting stuff ..........

Thanks for participating.

stuball
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
My database slop profiles help....alot
For track weight and style..

Stuball