PDA

View Full Version : Dark Cheetah....

jognlope
11-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Just ran and won at Big A on Wednesay, now just ran today at Big A and got 1rst or 2nd, is that usual?

turfnsport
11-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Dutrow once ran Golden Man on consecutive days in stakes at two different tracks and ran second and third (?).

DanG
11-15-2008, 03:38 PM
NY players might recall the late Oscar Barrera running the same animal *twice* on the same card! :eek:

*Exaggeration* used for impact value. Having said that; don’t think it didn’t go through Oscar's head to try it.

Signed;

Shifty Sheik (35k Oscar claim who ran 2nd to the great Slew ‘O Gold)

cj
11-15-2008, 04:52 PM
NY players might recall the late Oscar Barrera running the same animal *twice* on the same card! :eek:

*Exaggeration* used for impact value. Having said that; don’t think it didn’t go through Oscar's head to try it.

Signed;

Shifty Sheik (35k Oscar claim who ran 2nd to the great Slew ‘O Gold)

There was a horse that ran a race in Maryland during the day, then another race at Penn National that night.

onefast99
11-15-2008, 04:56 PM
There was one who raced 3 days apart at MP this summer, unfortuneately he broke down in the second race and had to be euthanized. I personally think 2 weeks is the minimum for t-breds to come back and be competitive.

DanG
11-15-2008, 05:35 PM
There was a horse that ran a race in Maryland during the day, then another race at Penn National that night.
Wow… :eek:

But to the connections humane credit I believe he didn’t run again until after the early double the following day.

Tom Barrister
11-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Just ran and won at Big A on Wednesay, now just ran today at Big A and got 1rst or 2nd, is that usual?

It's something Dutrow does. In my year database from 5-1-07 to 4-30-08, he saddled 27 horses with 5 or fewer days rest (including the above), hitting a total of 6 winners (and 18 in the money), the largest of which paid $8.80. Of those, 13 had 2 or 3 days of rest, of which 4 won. So Dutrow can turn them around quickly. How good that is for the welfare of the horse is another matter.

EDIT: in the same year's database, there were a total of 57 horses who raced with 3 or fewer days rest. Mr. Dutrow was easily the leading trainer of same with 13. The next closest trainer had TWO (there were several of those, including Contessa and Asmussen).

JustRalph
11-15-2008, 07:31 PM
When Dutrow wins two legs of a pick three with the same horse, I will be impressed :lol:

Pell Mell
11-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Back in the fifties if a horse wasn't coming back within 7 days it was a bad bet.

PaceAdvantage
11-15-2008, 10:43 PM
It's something Dutrow does. In my year database from 5-1-07 to 4-30-08, he saddled 27 horses with 5 or fewer days rest (including the above), hitting a total of 6 winners (and 18 in the money), the largest of which paid $8.80. Of those, 13 had 2 or 3 days of rest, of which 4 won. So Dutrow can turn them around quickly. How good that is for the welfare of the horse is another matter.

EDIT: in the same year's database, there were a total of 57 horses who raced with 3 or fewer days rest. Mr. Dutrow was easily the leading trainer of same with 13. The next closest trainer had TWO (there were several of those, including Contessa and Asmussen).The funny part is, during the Triple Crown, all you heard about Dutrow was how he loves to give his horses plenty of time between races...and I kept thinking about all the horses he has run back on 3 or fewer days rest.