PDA

View Full Version : wk 11

sammy the sage
11-14-2008, 08:22 PM
the Bengals of all teams are a money making play here!

at +9...they might even win outright...

the Eagles are in a VERY flat spot here....

History supports this play...

Marshall Bennett
11-14-2008, 11:01 PM
KC / pts. over NO . Saints lose again .

Valuist
11-15-2008, 10:17 PM
YTD: 17-14

KC/NO OVER 50
SD/Pitt UNDER 42
Cleve.Buff UNDER 41 1/2
Cincinnati +9

BetHorses!
11-16-2008, 10:40 AM
0-1 last week

12-12 season to date

Broncos +6.5

Texans +9

Jags +1

Bengals +9.5

Lions +14

Seahawks +3

Skins +1

Good Luck

pktruckdriver
11-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I am not sure what my record here on PA has been, but to be honest with you I do not remember losing a game, yet though, if I got time, which I don't, I could look it up...

Most of the time I play win or lose, not too many points games, though did do one game on a over last week I think, and won that too.

How many here are proud of there team?

I am, my Dolphins are making me proud, even last year, I was still the die-hard fan, and this year is like the Falcons, who'da thunk it???

Though this week I feel I may have a less than perfect week, but hey it happens , right.

here goes all straight win or lose, no points given

Dolphins win

Buffalo wins

Falcons wins

Green Bay wins

Panthers win

And my one over and under game is

Dolphins over 38

Good Luck Y'all
Patrick

rastajenk
11-16-2008, 09:00 PM
The end of the PIT-SD game must have been an interesting experience for folks with cash money on it.

Cangamble
11-17-2008, 12:08 PM
The end of the PIT-SD game must have been an interesting experience for folks with cash money on it.
We are talking 10's of millions of dollars most likely that was affected by a bad call.
According to this, no matter what, the touchdown should have stood:
http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/ratetherefs/2008/11/bad-call-you-bet.html

Personally, I didn't see an illegal pass either.

I didn't bet the game btw. I just feel for the bettors.

This is an even more damning article:
http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/2008/11/17/nfl-betting-play-of-the-year/

Found this video that shows the play in question:
m5YWfiq6zg0

BillW
11-17-2008, 12:10 PM
According to this, no matter what, the touchdown should have stood:
http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/ratetherefs/2008/11/bad-call-you-bet.html

The refs admitted they were wrong.

Cangamble
11-17-2008, 12:18 PM
The refs admitted they were wrong.
They say they are wrong, but they also say there was an illegal lateral. Where was the illegal lateral? I can understand sort of misinterpreting the rule if there was an illegal lateral, but what exactly did they see when they were reviewing it?

Marshall Bennett
11-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Perhaps they were giving an excuse by not allowing the extra point conversion , which they should have done to make the game official . Had they not overturned the ruling of a touchdown , they would have had to bring everyone out of the showers and kick the extra point , according to the rules . :)

Cangamble
11-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Perhaps they were giving an excuse by not allowing the extra point conversion , which they should have done to make the game official . Had they not overturned the ruling of a touchdown , they would have had to bring everyone out of the showers and kick the extra point , according to the rules . :)
Actually, if you watch the video I posted, they were ready to kick it, when the refs blew the whistle again, to stop it, after the review. Check the 5:06 mark of the video.

rastajenk
11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
I found this rather humorous, from the comments section of one of cangamble's links: "The New York Times has a nice blog item on one bettor who took SD, smashed some pottery, only to find out he won anyway."

cj
11-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Don't some tiebreakers for the playoffs involve points? It could have much greater consequences later in the year. It is unlikely, but it could happen.