PDA

View Full Version : CT Race 3 - Bridgejumper gets wet

stu
11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Just a few minutes ago a bridgejumper at Charles Town failed.

Dancing Turk, the 2-to-5 favorite finished up the sloppy track.

Dancing Turk had $10,374 of the $12,737 large show pool bet on him.

The show prices: $13.00, $78.60, and $19.80

I hope that Dancing Turk, his connections, and his bridgejumper all come out of the race alright.

It just reminds everybody that are risks for trying to make short money with long money.

Yorker
11-14-2008, 09:05 PM

Try didn't finish at all. Pulled up and vanned off. She was also claimed from that race by Roy Wallace from the worlds greatest trainer Stephanie Beattie.

lamboguy
11-14-2008, 09:23 PM
i was in on that one, its the first one i blew like that in about 3 weeks, just had the 5th at delta. that one won. i only got 10 more to get even from the charlestown horse!

jotb
11-15-2008, 06:12 AM
Just a few minutes ago a bridgejumper at Charles Town failed.

Dancing Turk had $10,374 of the $12,737 large show pool bet on him.

The show prices: $13.00, $78.60, and $19.80

I hope that Dancing Turk, his connections, and his bridgejumper all come out of the race alright.

It just reminds everybody that are risks for trying to make short money with long money.

I highly doubt it was Robert Cole (owner of the horse) that placed the wager. The track was labeled sloppy for the first 4 races on the card. By the 5th race the track was labeled muddy. The horse pp's showed that he never ran on either surface. I've noticed when the track is off at CT, you really can't determine if a horse will relish the off-going. They might show a few wins on a sloppy and muddy track and come that night if the track is off the horse won't run a lick. It's just a weird place. The surface the last 2 nights has been sticky. The maintaince crew never sealed the track on Thursday and the track was opened for training both days. My suggestion for handicappers that play CT frequently is to pass nights when the track is off. I'm sure many handicappers that play on nights like this will usually walk away scratching their heads wondering what went wrong. It just comes down to that given night. It's either the horse loves the surface or not. Lastly, you will find many horses that break down or vanned off after the race on nights like this.

Joe