PDA

View Full Version : Chase Bank POS

michiken
11-14-2008, 01:12 PM
After my dad passed away, my sister and I closed his account at Chase Bank.

(The only reason that he had an account there was because my mom used to work for the National Bank of Detroit which was eventually bought out by Chase long after she retired. Her account was free).

We closed the account on September 26th, 2008. We did this because mom and dad had many automatic draft payments setup. We wanted to avoid getting charged up the wazoo for things that should be stopped, ie electric bill, insurances, gas bill etc. that would come in October.....

We sat in the bank for 3 hours while the 'manager' tried to convince us NOT to take the money. They constantly had to call the legal department (I have power of attorney papers) and get things listed. Since my sister was listed on the account as a beneficiary, they finally decided to give her the check.

After being treated rude and impersonal, we finally left (with all the papers and check). They had to make out the check 3 times because they intentionally spelled my sister's last name wrong! The manager assured us that the account was closed. She stated that all automatic payments would be declined, etc and that we didn't have to worry.

Two months later in November, I start getting phone calls from their collections department. These calls are coming at least 5 times a day. Since my sister was the benefactor, I give them her number and tell them to contact her. She calls me back:

"Chase Bank did not close the account! There were several automatic deposits and payments and now the account is overdrawn for $1300! The bank is also trying to get us for $150 in overdraft fees!"

I am so flipping pissed at this bank! If you are a Chase customer beware!!

RaceBookJoe
11-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Go back to the bank and open up a safety deposit box. The day before Thanksgiving ( or any long weekend) , go and open your deposit box and insert a dead fish. The nice smell come monday morning might help offset the crap they put you through. Three cheers for Abbie Hoffman. rbj

njcurveball
11-14-2008, 03:30 PM
"Chase Bank did not close the account! There were several automatic deposits and payments and now the account is overdrawn for $1300! The bank is also trying to get us for $150 in overdraft fees!"

I feel your pain! You are certainly not liable for any charges and if you contact the collection agency and give them notice not to contact you, they cannot harass you!

A short story about my Mom's passing. She was in failing health and for some reason had backed into the Garage door (while it was shut). She had a company come out and install a new one. She had to go to a loan place to get the cash and had $700 left to deposit when she passed.

I contacted the garage door company and told them to come get the door, since the money was not in the bank. They pretty much told me to go pound sand.

I contacted the bank and told them to close the account, BEFORE the check it. They also pretty much told me to go pound sand.

A short time later when my brother and I were cleaning out her house we found the $700. I assure you we did not run to the bank to deposit it.

The bank can send all the mail to the address they want, just return it to the post office. I would love to think this was isolated to just one bank, but I am sure it happens all over the country.

Sorry about your loss and you have my condolences!

Jim

LottaKash
11-14-2008, 04:19 PM

These days, if you are a BANK customer, you are in league with Gangsters....How sad is that.........

best,

pktruckdriver
11-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Go back to the bank and open up a safety deposit box. The day before Thanksgiving ( or any long weekend) , go and open your deposit box and insert a dead fish. The nice smell come monday morning might help offset the crap they put you through. Three cheers for Abbie Hoffman. rbj:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please do this, please

Patrick

dutchboy
11-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Visit their ATM's with a supply of super glue. It would be a shame if your spilled some on their keyboards. But accidents happen as we all know.

Valuist
11-14-2008, 09:00 PM
The high pressure sales tactic and intentionally not closing out the account isn't real surprising. I have a friend who is the manager at a local Chase bank and he says that upper mgmnt (Dimon and company) put unrealistic goals on each manager, force them to work 65-70 hour weeks, and basically virtually drive their employees away. Apparently it works for the short run but eventually it blows up in their (Chase's) face.

Marshall Bennett
11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Pull up to the drive-thru , stuff some dog shit in the container , press send and drive off . :cool:

michiken
11-17-2008, 02:59 PM
My sister and I loved the suggestions. We ruled the dog shit ones to be the best!

Update:

I went to Chase bank with all the paperwork. I had to return one check for health insurance in the amount of $300. I will not be liable for any other fees or debits as they will take care of them internally.

The funny part is that I requested for the second time for the account to be closed. I was told that the account could not be closed until all the fess were removed.

The manager who had the power to reverse all fees was conveninently out to lunch. They promised that it would be done this afternoon!

I TOLD THEM that I would be back on Wednesday to get written confirmation of everything!

Any person that uses this bank instead of a credit union should beware of their dirty business tactics!

Show Me the Wire
11-17-2008, 04:02 PM
My sister and I loved the suggestions. We ruled the dog shit ones to be the best! [/color]

Sure seek revenge against the clueless underpaid, overworked proletarian.

michiken
11-18-2008, 02:10 AM
My revenge is that I will no longer have to deal with this piece of shit bank while there soddingly stupid customers will!

Sure seek revenge against the clueless underpaid, overworked proletarian.

INFRONT07
01-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Glad to see this tread;I thought I was the only one who got the run a round with this bank.someone charged an account that was 10 yeard old and never activated then they gave me the run around to fix it
DONT USE THIS BANK AND CANCEL; YOUR CREDIT CARD.
LOVE THE SHIT&FISH IDEA:)