PDA

View Full Version : Stop wagering signal

pontifor
11-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Seems like you guys have answers so I will try again.. ;)

I'm learning that the stop wagering signal goes out potentially after MTP hits 0. But at my ADW site, I don't have any way of knowing when this is? Do they usually close the betting window when the horses are loaded in the gate or is it just whenever they feel like it?

I had assumed that at MTP 0 the betting window would close, but maybe that would be just too darn rational.

thanks!
S

cj's dad
11-14-2008, 12:08 PM
My only ADW is TVG and typically they shut down their windows as the last horse is just being led into the gate. They will however reopen for wagering if a horse is backed out of the gate for any reason. I have never been able to wager once the gates open at this site.

point given
11-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Seems like you guys have answers so I will try again.. ;)

I'm learning that the stop wagering signal goes out potentially after MTP hits 0. But at my ADW site, I don't have any way of knowing when this is? Do they usually close the betting window when the horses are loaded in the gate or is it just whenever they feel like it?

I had assumed that at MTP 0 the betting window would close, but maybe that would be just too darn rational.

thanks!
S
The ADW is on a delay of about 45 seconds usually so if you wait too long you may get shut out as they are off before you wager. some adw sites try to be a couple minutes fast so you will get conditioned to wager a little earlier than waiting for them to get in the gait. When watching live tv races, there is about a 10 second delay on the adw

startngate
11-14-2008, 09:35 PM
The stop betting command is issued by the host track. Normally this is accomplished by either the Stewards or the Placing Judges throwing a switch or issuing a command on the tote console.

The stop betting signal is them propulgated throughout the entire network, which in turn lock the wagering at all guest sites (including ADW's).

I have not used TVG, so that reported behavior could be possible. However I can't imagine they would intentionally close betting before the track did.
It takes a few seconds to process the video for a live broadcast, and anywhere from 20-45 seconds to encode and distribute the streaming video, as Point Given mentioned.

zerosky
11-15-2008, 10:23 AM

Snipped this from here http://www.tra-online.com/manual/

The stop-betting signal is sent by Host System or, as a backup, handled by the Guest, but the final responsibility resides with the Guest site. Once the final cycle has been completed, all systems receive confirmation of pool data being received by the Host.

Stop betting procedures vary state-to-state and track-to-track. Some common pool Hosts require betting be stopped at the Guest site(s) a number of minutes before post time, while others do so only on specific Pick-N or super exotic carryover pools.

The integrity of the wagering pool is dependent upon all wagering everywhere being brought to an end at the start of the race. Failure to meet this basic requirement violates the integrity of the pool, opens all parties to legal liability and regulatory action, and undermines patrons' confidence.

Host tracks should be aware a lax policy on policing the close of wagering directly affects all bettors and can make wagering on its races unattractive to fans. There may also be regulatory and legal implications..

pontifor
11-15-2008, 03:53 PM
ah interesting. I wonder why the ADWs or simulcast videos don't have a sign like an icon on the screen or something that the wagering has closed ( or reopened ) how are you supposed to supposed to know except by having you bet blocked out?

thanks,
S

turfnsport
11-15-2008, 07:54 PM
The stop betting signal is them propulgated throughout the entire network, which in turn lock the wagering at all guest sites (including ADW's).

Perhaps all this past posting is occuring cuz nobody knows what "propulgated" means.