PDA

View Full Version : Bill Ayers

Tom
11-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Bill Ayers is now a capitalist......hitting the talk show circuit today to push the re-release of his book, that includes a new afterward in which he is supposed to say that he and Obama were more than Obama says, that they were family friends.

Wonder if the Fairness doctrine would force equal time to the families of the people this terrorist piece of garbage murdered? How low are the shows that actually give this POS a forum to speak from? We shall see what little whores line up to promote terrorism today.

OTM Al
11-14-2008, 09:49 AM
In the interest of accuracy in reporting, if the families of who he murdered lined up you'd have a pretty empty line. No one was harmed in any of the bombings the group did under Ayres. There was plenty of property damage, but no fatalities. You may want to include the 3 members of his group that were killed when bombs they were making exploded, and I would agree that their deaths are in part on him, but would not call it murder. The only deaths that can be called murder were those perpetrated by Gilbert and Boudin in 1981. However, this was after Ayres himself had all charges dropped in 1973 and had encouraged his domestic partner to turn herself in for the charges she still faced in 1980. In fact the Weather Underground was finished in 1975. Those two had moved on to more radical groups like the RATF and the Black Liberation Army, which were the groups responsible for the armored car robbery. No evidence has linked Ayres to these groups.

I do not agree with what he did, but if charges of murder are going to be leveled, I think we should look at the facts.

sammy the sage
11-14-2008, 09:54 AM
"""I think we should look at the facts."""

HHHmmmm....some poster's have a DIFFICULT time in REGARDS to that CONCEPT :lol: :D

OTM Al
11-14-2008, 10:04 AM
List the names of those he killed please.

Marshall Bennett
11-14-2008, 10:09 AM
GMA aired an interview this morning . Guess thats par for the course , they're no better than he is . Diane Sawyer had to feel right at home ... asshole !!

Tom
11-14-2008, 10:20 AM
In 1981, a police officer and security guard were killed when his group tried to commit and armed robbery. I consider him just as guilty as it was the same group. Spit hairs if you want. He is not remorseful he is still a terrorist, and he is still garbage. I should have said his group killed, but thought that needless hair splitting.

But it is nice to know that you out there making sure terrorists gets a fair shake. We wouldn't want his name tarnished.

OTM Al
11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
No Tom. I'm representing the law of this country. The courts threw out the case against Ayers in 1973. In 1975 his group disbanded entirely. Two former members of his group joined up with some far more militant radicals, the RATF, who aligned with the BLA staged that robbery. Neither of these groups were Ayres group. Nor was he a member of either. Holding Ayres culpable for the actions of people he knew is neither supported by the law or any logic. Should we, say, hold the US Military culpable because individuals they trained commited some crime, like this thing that just happened with the 4 marines killing a fellow marine and his wife? Absolutely not.

The acts perpetrated by the Weather Underground can certainly be considered terrorism, but aren't remotely on the level of groups like Al Queda so throwing around the terrorism tag unqualified is disingenuous. I do not agree with what they did, but I fully understand what Ayres was talking about when he said he was unrepentant and felt he didn't do enough, because he was talking about getting the US out of Vietnam sooner not about casually blowing stuff up and hurting people.

Many famous and hearlded people in this country commited acts of "domestic terrorism". Sam Adams comes immediately to mind. So where is the dividing line between what makes one criminal and what makes one a patriot?

ArlJim78
11-14-2008, 12:39 PM
funny now how all these creeps have surfaced and want to talk and the media wants to talk to them. Wright, Ayers, Farrakhan, etc, they were all laying in the weeds until now. what does it say about a guy when his friends and associates had to be silenced in order to help him win the election.

boxcar
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Bill Ayers is now a capitalist......hitting the talk show circuit today to push the re-release of his book, that includes a new afterward in which he is supposed to say that he and Obama were more than Obama says, that they were family friends.

No big news here. Anyone capable of connecting the dots just knew the ties were a lot closer than what Obama was making them out to be. One thing we know for certain that will never change with Obama, nor will he change -- his lying! We can all take comfort in this. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
11-14-2008, 02:30 PM
just because the court through out the cases, doesn't mean Ayers and his buddies (including his wife) aren't' responsible for the loss of life..........get real. He is responsible along with his minions for the deaths of two people............from what I read.........he has admitted to everything except that one............wonder why?

For Chrissakes, the guy says he wishes he had done more bombings............ how you can absolve this guy is akin to absolving Tim McVeigh..........

OTM Al
11-14-2008, 03:08 PM
No, you are reading only part of what he said. He said he wishes he would have done more to stop the war, not to blow up people. Look, I don't like the guy either, but I'm not going to pin crimes on him he did not commit. When he planted a bomb, he called ahead to make sure the building was empty. Mcveigh just took out a building full of people. Had someone been killed, he would have been just as guilty despite intent, but no one was. There is zero comaprison between the two. The guy turned himself in in 1980. He was not part of the killing that happened the next year.

Now as I said, could you explain the difference in his actions and those of someone like Sam Adams leading up to the American Revolution? I'm interested in how you would claim one right and one wrong if that would be the case.

Marshall Bennett
11-14-2008, 03:22 PM
When he planted a bomb, he called ahead to make sure the building was empty.
Well thats cool . I suppose that only makes him a partial asshole . The guy is a deranged POS , plain & simple !!

HUSKER55
11-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I do not understand. If he admits to blowing up someone else's building, how can that be sanctioned unless the building belong to him, as in ownership.

If it was a government building the part of that building is mine and I sure did not give him permission to blow up my share.

So, how is blowing up a building that does not belong to you, legal?

I having one of those days.

Sorry, I got lost. Please throw me a rope.

LottaKash
11-14-2008, 04:14 PM
I say, once a bomber and attempted murderer, always a .........:eek:

best,

Burls
11-14-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't recall anyone wanting to bring up the prominent coke dealers that GWB would have been hanging around with in the days before he sought the Presidency. These kind of people aren't exactly wholesome citizens.

OTM Al
11-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I do not understand. If he admits to blowing up someone else's building, how can that be sanctioned unless the building belong to him, as in ownership.

If it was a government building the part of that building is mine and I sure did not give him permission to blow up my share.

So, how is blowing up a building that does not belong to you, legal?

I having one of those days.

Sorry, I got lost. Please throw me a rope.

It wasn't legal. The feds blew the case and had to dismiss. Can't be retried. That's the law. Clearly those actions were wrong and if you want to hold them against him, that's fine with me. My only point is that we should pin the only the crimes on him that he deserves. I personally feel that he is culpable in the deaths of the 3 people in his group that got blown up, but not in the deaths of the robbery. One would believe that the same feds that blew the original case would have nailed him to the wall for the murders if there was any shred of evidence that he was involved in them. That leads me to believe that he was not along with other historical evidence of his activites after 1973.

LottaKash
11-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I don't recall anyone wanting to bring up the prominent coke dealers that GWB would have been hanging around with in the days before he sought the Presidency. These kind of people aren't exactly wholesome citizens.

Ok Burls, I will bring it up, "Birds of a Feather" flock toghether.....Once a crim alwaya a crim....... That Speaks volumes of our current leader, and how we have accidently ended up today, with all the Gangsterism that is currently being purported as "Our-Gov't"....

best,

JustRalph
11-14-2008, 05:36 PM

wow, how about Obama admitting he hung around with Coke Dealers and took drugs............. ? I know it is tit for tat.........but ?

Comparing college coke dealers to individuals who actually set bombs and blew up buildings is another apples and oranges comparison? don't you think? This was a domestic terror group that was wanted by the FBI and was an enemy to our country for a long period of time.......I don't think the comparison is valid

delayjf
11-14-2008, 05:50 PM
You may want to include the 3 members of his group that were killed when bombs they were making exploded

That's what I call poetic justice. :jump:

don't recall anyone wanting to bring up the prominent coke dealers that GWB would have been hanging around with in the days

Given that bush's "drug days date back to 1974, I'm more inclined to think he smoked grass as opposed to coke. That was before my time, but I don't think coke was in vogue back then.

Secretariat
11-14-2008, 06:07 PM
OTM Al, thank you for a group of excellent posts in elucidating the Ayers background. Very clear and thought provoking.

PaceAdvantage
11-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I wish you guys were this forgiving with some of the Republicans who have been caught doing bad things over the years.

We could have really used your rationalizing skills.

Oh well. That dreaded (R) strikes again. When it's a (D), there always seems a way to water down the crimes.

Tom
11-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I suppose then you guys will be on my case for talking about Bin Laden, seeing how he must be innocent until proven guilty.

I've never seen a bunch so quick to stand behind terrorists than some here.

delayjf
11-14-2008, 07:48 PM
elucidating indeed, the man should be shot.

Rookies
11-14-2008, 10:21 PM
We can all take comfort in this.

We can all take comfort in the following dilemna for you Boxcar !

Tell us- is James Kopp a domestic terrorist ?

More on point, are all those who bombed clinics providing abortion, were they terrorists like Ayers ?

No doubt, you'll try to take the "higher moral ground " excuse.

Which then proves that you/ other neocons are simply splitting hairs on whether you believe domestic bombers, like Ayers, are terrorists and should receive the death penalty.

For the record, ANYONE who bombs people or buildings indiscriminately for ANY reason, is at least guilty of several statutes, and is likely a terrorist.

JustRalph
11-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Add another group to Domestic Terrorists.

The Gay and Lesbian groups who sent white powder to Mormon churches this week.................. :bang:

Tom
11-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Tell us- is James Kopp a domestic terrorist ?

More on point, are all those who bombed clinics providing abortion, were they terrorists like Ayers ?

Of course.

ArlJim78
11-14-2008, 11:31 PM
I guess if Bush or Cheney counted an abortion clinic bomber as a friend of the family everyone on the left would have no problem with it, right?

OTM Al
11-14-2008, 11:31 PM
I wish you guys were this forgiving with some of the Republicans who have been caught doing bad things over the years.

Oh well. That dreaded (R) strikes again. When it's a (D), there always seems a way to water down the crimes.

Actually I'm quite forgiving of Mr. Bush. The guy was a complete idiot in his younger days and did a lot of drinking and drugging, and no it wasn't just pot. The birth of his daughters got his wife to clean her act up, but he kept going for a time. It took him finding religion to clean himself up, to which I say, whatever it takes is the right thing. I've got many problems with what the man's done, but I don't hold that time of his life against him. Now guys like Stevens who can't even recognize that they've done something wrong are an entirely different case.

Capper Al
11-15-2008, 07:58 AM
I know the Hyde Park area of Chicago. The University of Chicago is it's bright light surrounded by low income housing. What Obama did there was for the poor people who lived there not to support Ayers. He might have had to associate with some undesirables to get money for housing and education for the poor. Those were the people in that neighborhood. His circles were different than that of a son of an Admiral such as McCain's.

The facts that matter to the Americans is that after eight years of Bush and the Republicans the only way the country could be worse off is if our recession was a depression, our war was a nuclear war, or our debt and cost to restore our society was a 12 trillion instead of 11 trillion.

PaceAdvantage
11-15-2008, 09:19 PM
More on point, are all those who bombed clinics providing abortion, were they terrorists like Ayers ?Of course they are!

And if there existed documented proof that McCain had kicked off any of his runs for office in the living room of an abortion bomber, you can bet your bottom dollar that it would have been a far greater story in the main stream media than Obama/Ayers ultimately turned out to be during Campaign 2008.

DanG
11-15-2008, 09:51 PM

Signed;

Ken Starr ;)
=================================
You don’t honestly believe Republicans don’t come heavy into the political accusation game…do you Mike.

My goodness; I’ve never seen the GOP whine so much in my life.

Pull up ranks / lick your wounds and reinvent the party into what our nation needs. Focusing on discrediting your main ‘competition only cheapens your party platform and played a factor in losing majority rule.

IMHO

LutherCalvin
11-15-2008, 10:40 PM
The mainstream media is now interested in Bill Ayers because he has a book to promote. The man's character is revealed in this article from Front Page magazine from 2006.

Remembering a Sixties Terrorist
By Donna Ron

I read occasionally of former Weatherman Bill Ayers and his wife Bernardine Dohrn, both now not only accepted, despite their bombing campaign against America in the 1960s and 70s, but successful , establishment educators whose opinions on social issues are taken seriously. Every time I see Ayers’ name I shudder with fear and rage and realize that I will never be able to erase the mark he left on my life one evening 40 years ago.

It was at the Undergraduate Library at the University of Michigan on a Friday night in November 1965. I was a sophomore and was living in a sorority house — Alpha Epsilon Phi. I was walking down the stairs to leave the library. Billy Ayers was standing on the first floor and started talking to me.

Read the rest:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=9E8CD8A7-E90B-4311-8AA9-AEFD014A14B2

boxcar
11-16-2008, 12:34 AM
We can all take comfort in this.

We can all take comfort in the following dilemna for you Boxcar !

You're delusional if you think this is a "dilemna" (sic) for me. I don't pal around with people who blow up abortion clinics. And for your info: I don't approve, condone or support such activities.

Boxcar

JustRalph
11-16-2008, 12:37 AM
How in the hell did I miss that article?

Thanks for the link

HUSKER55
11-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Dan, don't you think articles like this should have been made public as opposed to Palins wardrobe during the election?

These are true charactor traits that people should have known about that the media covered up or refused to put on display.

I am not whining. To me these are very important charactor traits that should have been givien the scrutiney level the same as they did on Sarah's glasses at bare minimum.

Remember the "Barbie froom Alaska" crap.

The man we elected president has friends who want to blow up America, has condemended America, gone to a church that condemns America, would not even cross his heart as others did when our national anthem was played and even on simple baloney such as provide a valid birth certificate, and school transcripts, he will not comply and the list goes on and on.

The media gave him a free ride.

If you hate Bush so much that common sense and good judgement don't matter just say so.

But playing word games is not the point. Why aren't there answers? That is the point.

Why the free ride by MSM? That is the point?

There is one good thing that came out of this election. Sarah has no skeletons in her closet. Remember that poor kid who is going to prison for hacking a recipe for muffins?

Big difference here Dan. Maybe I can't explain it very well but that does not mean it does not exist.

Just MHO

husker55

Suff
11-16-2008, 08:25 AM
The man we elected president has friends who want to blow up America, has condemended America, gone to a church that condemns America,

husker55

Obama has friends.

From BarakObama.com (http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/donnajoy)

I am an American Israeli, originally from Detroit and living on a kibbutz in Israel for many years.I was in the Detroit area for three weeks during the height of the US financial crisis and during a very complex and stormy time in the Presidential campaign. I want to add another strong plea to all of those who are still thinking to vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Being in Michigan during these distressful times in the US and in the world, I was privledged to see 2 Presidential debates, one Vice Presidential debate and daily chronic news items concerning the candidates and the election momentum.

My experience strengthened my convinction about the crucial necessity of voting Obama-Biden into the White House. I say this as a proud and loving American citizen, a committed Jewish person and an Israeli. In connection with all of these aspects of my identity I feel deeply that Obama and Biden can lead and guide the American people to rejeuvenating all the best in US politics, culture, society and economics. In order to be able to stand by and help Israel, the US first needs to be able to heal itself and reclaim its rightful place in the world as the leader and example of a vital democratic country which offers real opportunities to all.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden display wisdom, compassion, understanding, initiative and dignity in impressive quantities and appropriate connections to the issues at hand.

I think this is a very important election and everyone needs to get out and vote and I think voting for Obama-Biden will bring Tikkun-Olam and renewal to all of us everywhere.

Donna Ron

JustRalph
11-16-2008, 04:32 PM
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=63512670-BF7C-42A0-B41D-5D0FB9E09C09

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/11/16/video-terrorists-celebrate-unity-and-love/

more on Obama's "Family Friend" as Ayers refers to himself now that the election is over