PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances Bush gets Osama bin Laden

JustRalph
11-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Just wondering what the chances are that Bush gets Osama before his term ends............?

Poll.............is public............. fyi

Burls
11-14-2008, 04:28 AM
What the chances are that Bush gets Osama before his term ends?

I would have to say about the same as his chances of being accepted in MENSA before his term ends.

samyn on the green
11-14-2008, 05:14 AM
Is this Osama a real person? We have spent 500 billion to get this guy and still no dice. Seems a bit suspicious. Doesn't he remind you just of bit of Emmanual Goldstein from 1984? A boogieman designed to focus the hate of the masses on a fixed target while always out of reach of the authorities. Osama even broadcats messages like Goldstein. Maybe they are making this videos of Osama in some CFR studio at some base in the mid-east.

lamboguy
11-14-2008, 07:21 AM
bin laden is a 1-9 shot to already have died. the one thing we knew about him was he had severe kidney problems. there is no way he could be treated this long with dialysis in a cave.

Powder River Gin
11-14-2008, 08:53 AM
there have been recent video tapes where he cites current events.

who says he's in a cave along the border? he could be in Europe as far as we know. He could be anywhere in the world. There are plenty of countries with large muslim populations around SE Asia that he could hide out in for years, or anywhere else for that matter. Who is to say he isn't in New York or London? I remember reading something a couple years ago about the possibility that he's in Iran as a guest of the Ayatollahs. Dont know how feasable it is, but it's possible.

Here's a question....

If we "get" him, is it over? Can we pack up our gear and all come home? Will the bad guys say, "OK, it's over. The infidels got Osama. We're toast- time to surrender or go home..."?

I think we all know the answer....

LottaKash
11-14-2008, 11:11 AM
It all seems odd to me, as the Bin-Laden's are/were personal friends of the Bush's, and Osama was once employed by the CIA.....funny, that's all.......

So, I vote none of the above....:D

best,

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Nill, so Obama can expand the war into Pakistan.

JustRalph
11-22-2008, 07:20 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/11/22/pakistan.airstrike/index.html

Ratcheting up the attacks ..............

Suspected U.S. drone kills four in Pakistan

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- A suspected missile strike from a U.S. Predator drone killed at least four people in a house in Pakistan's North Waziristan region early Saturday.

The attack, which occurred in the Mir Ali subdivision in the village of Ali Khel, was one of several to hit the country Saturday.

Six people were injured in Saturday's attack, the fourth suspected U.S. strike on Pakistani soil in November. The names of the victims have not been released. It is also not known why the house was targeted.

Elsewhere, three people were killed and 11 were injured in an explosion inside a mosque in northwest Pakistan's tribal region, a government official said.

The explosion happened just after 4 p.m. (6 a.m. ET), leaving the Hangu district mosque inside Pakistan's North-West Frontier Province in ruins, said Omer Faraz Khan, deputy superintendent of Hangu.
He said rescuers were trying to save people trapped under the debris. It was not immediately clear how many people were inside the mosque at the time of the blast.

Police were investigating the explosion, which was detonated using a homemade timer, Khan said

Hours later, three bombs exploded about 10 p.m. (noon ET) outside a stadium in Lahore where a music festival was being held, police Inspector Muntzir Kazmi said. A 13-year-old was injured, but it was unknown whether the victim was a boy or girl.

This week, Pakistan's Foreign Ministry summoned U.S. Ambassador Anne Patterson to lodge a formal protest against another suspected U.S. missile strike on its territory, an act Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani called a violation of his nation's sovereignty. Watch Gilani say his country has had enough of U.S. attacks »

Wednesday's strike in the Bannu region of Pakistan's North-West Frontier Province left five dead and seven wounded. That attack was farther inside Pakistani territory than previous attacks.

The attack targeted a home outside the tribal areas that U.S. intelligence says have become a haven for Taliban and al Qaeda fighters battling U.S. and NATO troops in neighboring Afghanistan.

The U.S. government has not acknowledged hitting targets within Pakistan, an ally in the war on al Qaeda launched after the September 11 attacks on New York and Washington. However, Pakistan's government has repeatedly complained about the strikes.

Gilani took to the floor of the parliament and renewed his condemnation of the attacks Thursday but added that he thinks they will be controlled when President-elect Barack Obama takes office.

HUSKER55
11-22-2008, 08:50 PM
That whole mess is phoney baloney and my money says bin laden doesn't exist.

If we are at war then fight like it and win. Blast the living hell out of everyone over there. If they are not fighting for us they are our enemy.

End of story and I hold the population responsible.

We have the guns ...what we lack is a set of BALLS!

Who ever heard of a "gentlemens war"?

The whole damn thing from the beginning was and is BS.

You watch. As Barack gets his, this war will continue.

dutchboy
11-22-2008, 10:14 PM
http://www.welfarestate.com/binladen/funeral/israel-intel.txt

dutchboy
11-22-2008, 10:15 PM
http://www.welfarestate.com/binladen/funeral/

lamboguy
11-22-2008, 10:59 PM
what do all the republicans think about this matter?

the answer is you must blame it on the left wing democrats. they invented this bin laden guy.

bin laden is like houdini, he stands almost 7' tall, hides out in caves, and has dialysis treatments on a regular basis. how can he elude all these sharp republican's.

how about he is 1-9 shot to be dead for the last 7 years.

no question bin laden was an evil man, and he scared the living daylights out of us all. he certainly had enough people scared to get bush elected for a second term by such a wide margain. its pretty hard to vote out a war time president, he almost lost. i think he did lose by the popular vote to an out and out nincompoof, john the flipflopper kerry.

Greyfox
11-22-2008, 11:02 PM
The chances of Bush getting bin Laden are about the same as

bin Laden getting Bush.

riskman
11-23-2008, 12:34 AM
After pledging that Osama Bin Laden would be hunted down and brought in "dead or alive," George W. Bush: later stated, "I truly am not that concerned about him."

End of story.

broadreach
11-23-2008, 12:55 AM
how about he is 1-9 shot to be dead for the last 7 years.
I'm sure he'd like us to think that.

JustRalph
11-23-2008, 01:34 AM
The chances of Bush getting bin Laden are about the same as

bin Laden getting Bush.

:lol: :lol:

rastajenk
11-23-2008, 07:32 PM
there have been recent video tapes where he cites current events.There are? I don't remember any video recently; only audio, which is suspicious, to say the least. Only his lackey Zawahiri appears on video.

He dead. Nobody gains anything by parading his bonesack around; the mystery creates a mythology.

PaceAdvantage
11-24-2008, 05:12 PM
what do all the republicans think about this matter?

the answer is you must blame it on the left wing democrats. they invented this bin laden guy.

bin laden is like houdini, he stands almost 7' tall, hides out in caves, and has dialysis treatments on a regular basis. how can he elude all these sharp republican's.You are supposed to stop thinking in terms of Rs and Ds and start thinking in WEs.

After all, change is here.