PDA

View Full Version : The pay-off for a good foot soldier

wonatthewire1
11-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Hillary for Sec of State

Man, all this power that has been consolidated into the executive branch lately is gonna bite us in the rear-end.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081114/pl_nm/us_usa_obama_clinton

She might be pretty good at it - as long as she keeps the tears from flowing.

Can you imagine if we have to keep seeing Billy C too?

:faint:

PaceAdvantage
11-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Anyone but John Kerry....

Bubba X
11-14-2008, 05:45 AM
Anyone but Bill Richardson

Tom
11-14-2008, 07:43 AM
She would be doing a lot of traveling.....Bill says YESSSSSSSSS!:jump:

witchdoctor
11-14-2008, 07:58 AM
That would put her 4th in line for the Presidency after Biden, Piglosi, and Byrd.

Tom
11-14-2008, 09:07 AM
That might be a good position for her. She has a set, that's for sure, and you need them in that job. Bill's past ( the Good Bill, not the horny Bill) might be an asset to open doors, or back doors. She can lie with a straight face, that's a plus in that job. I think it might be a good choice. She might even be a good influence on OBama...I think she is far more savvy than he is and she is not a stupid person by any stretch of the imagination.

And, she would be safely away from health care policy (:rolleyes:)

Marshall Bennett
11-14-2008, 10:23 AM
The chain of command would add another link towards the bottom of the pit . Doesn't much matter anymore , we're all f***ed anyway .

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Why would she accept? Being a sitting senator is more prestigious and I don't think she is in danger of losing her seat in the next election. Also, as a cabinet member she serves at the pleasure of the President, meaning she could be removed at any time.

I don't see it.

Tom
11-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Exposure?
Being a senator from the failed state of NY is hardly good on your resume. NYS suck big time. As it is, it is cheaper to grow cabbage here, truck it to Wisconsin for processing, then truck it back here to sell that it is to process it here and sell it here, thanks to the ridiculous NYS taxes and regulations.

World exposure in theses times might be a better launching pad, even against Obama in 2012. She would opportunity to be in important stuff.

Show Me the Wire
11-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Tom,

Yes, but what exposure would she have if Obama decides to ask for her resignation? Too iffy for me if I am Hillary.

DanG
11-14-2008, 12:46 PM
I wouldn’t trust Hillary to trim my neighbor’s shrubs. Having said that; can a loyal Republican please tell me the contributions Condoleezza Rice has made to our nation?

At last check her 2002 “Road Map for Peace” :faint: is filed somewhere is a state department meat locker.

Tom
11-14-2008, 01:13 PM
At last check her 2002 “Road Map for Peace” :faint: is filed somewhere is a state department meat locker.

She should have bought Tom Tom.;)

JustRalph
11-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Remember how important this post is going to be?

Obama is going to talk the pants off of all of our enemies.

If she can't get it done............ he fires her ass.........and blames it on her. Making her look bad for any future run at President.

She won't do it. And if she does, she is crazy

wonatthewire1
11-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Remember how important this post is going to be?

Obama is going to talk the pants off of all of our enemies.

If she can't get it done............ he fires her ass.........and blames it on her. Making her look bad for any future run at President.

She won't do it. And if she does, she is crazy

How old will she be in 8 years?

That should give you a good idea on whether she runs again.

She could run for Senate again - even in another state...they've carpetbagged before.

I wonder if Putin will take her tiger hunting from inside a Range Rover?

Steve 'StatMan'
11-14-2008, 03:17 PM
I too would prefer Hillary over John Kerry for Sec. of State. I know Kerry was rejected in the U.S. Presidential bid 4 years ago vs. G.W.Bush, so I don't think having a Sec of State that was rejected for the national leader role will fly to well. Don't know how the Democrats feel about this, as Obama was chosen rather narrowly over Hillary within their own party for the presidential run, but that is within party, so those choices and contrasts aren't necessarily stark. I definitely would would gag a bit if Kerry gets chosen instead. Suff mentioned it as a possibility in a thread about a week or two ago, and I was glad I'd swallowed my soda before I read that line.

Come to think of it, Hillary was ridiculed some democrats for her foreign policy experience during the primary campaign, saying first lady role didn't mean actually meeting and working with the leaders, not experienced enough to be President. Yet their party gave us Obama, with no foreign policy experience, no executive experience, just community organizer experience and a few years in State Rep experience. Come to think of it, maybe I'd rather have had Hillary than Obama. But I'd rather have Oprah Winfrey as president than either of the other two - at least she's led big things and proven to be a success in business. Oh well. Top 2 spots are decided. We'll have to see what they bring us next.