PDA

View Full Version : Pinnaclesports.com down?

trying2win
11-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I wanted to make some bets on the HOLLYWOOD PARK races today at PINNACLESPORTS.COM ...However, I can't seem to access that site. Is anyone else having the same problem? Helps to have a back-up plan. Guess I'll have to use HPI for the HOLLYWOOD PARK bets in the meantime.

Thanks,

T2W

rrbauer
11-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Came up fine for me. (Of course I can't bet there)

trying2win
11-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Richard,

Thanks for the tip. I had tried logging onto PNNACLE SPORTS shortly before my first post on this thread today, and I couldn't get through to their website. I just tried it again since I read your post a few minutes ago. It works fine now. Perhaps PINNACLE SPORTS was only down for a short while this afternoon.

As a Canadian, I can be smug about having a wider choice of betting options online than our American friends. Maybe it's time for the USA bettors to lobby their congressmen for more access onlne to bet the races, instead of having all the ridiculous restrictions you have now in your country...i.e. no betting across this state line, telephone betting only from this state, no betting to this offshore racebook blah! blah! blah! I know, I know...don't rub it in :D !

Thanks,

T2W

Tom Barrister
11-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Pinnacle has been doing this for the past several weeks. It's usually only gone for a few minutes.

trying2win
11-12-2008, 09:50 PM
A few times in the last several weeks, I couldn't access PINNACLE SPORTS using WINDOWS EXPLORER. At those times, when I switched over to the FIREFOX browser, I had no problem at all accessing that website.

T2W

trying2win
11-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I tried to log onto pinnaclesports.com about a half hour ago. On every attempt since then, it will load to their homepage, but after entering my user name and password, it won't load any further. Have any other PINNACLE SPORTS users been having access problems for very long today?

Thanks,

T2W

trying2win
11-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Went out of the house for awhile. Just got back. Finally got through to the horse racing page at PINNACLE SPORTS.

T2W

Rico8812
11-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Are you trying to rub it in to all of us poor chumps who can't play there anymore? :bang:

trying2win
11-20-2008, 01:20 AM
Are you trying to rub it in to all of us poor chumps who can't play there anymore? :bang:

Rico:

No...that wasn't my intent this time. I confess though, that I've been known to be a bit of smart alec before about being a Canadian and having more betting choices online than many of our American friends. :)

I'd advise lobbying your state governor to start taking action on your wants as a horse bettor. If U.S. state governments get a cut our of every betting dollar, then it might be a good idea for U.S. bettors to point out to the governors, that their governments are losing out on a lot of revenue, because of things like militant horsemen, stupid out-dated betting restrictions etc. I'm guessing the last-mentioned things are influencing many U.S. bettors to make wagers offshore. If state governors won't buy into that logic...I guess once again Forrest Gump's mother had it right when she said...."STUPID IS...AS STUPID DOES!"

Maybe U.S. bettors also need to lobby their congressmen in Washington D.C. to make some desired changes for horse players.

T2W