PDA

View Full Version : Exotics payoffs and pools

pontifor
11-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi guys a bit of a noobie question but here goes..

I want to place some exotic bets through an ADW. I see the payoffs and pool totals for the exacta and daily double and sometimes the quintella, but where are the trifecta and superfecta pools and payoffs? They never are listed, is it because they are bulky to show on a screen ( to many combos ) or because the track isn't feeding them? I tried several different ADW websites and no-one was showing it.

thanks,
head scratchin' in NY

stu
11-12-2008, 02:38 PM
I am pretty certain that all of the pool totals are available at Premier Turf Club.

pontifor
11-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks PTF does indeed have the trifecta pool numbers there! Not the full set of payoffs, but I guess you can't have it all..

It seems that the exotic pools are displayed differently at the different sites, for example at ebetusa the exacta pool will be $611 but at PTF or Twinspires it's $6111, always an order of magnitude difference. Any idea why this is different? The larger version of the pool is labeled a '$2' pool so maybe that is some clue I am clueless about..

thanks again
S

cj's dad
11-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi guys a bit of a noobie question but here goes..

I want to place some exotic bets through an ADW. I see the payoffs and pool totals for the exacta and daily double and sometimes the quintella, but where are the trifecta and superfecta pools and payoffs? They never are listed, is it because they are bulky to show on a screen ( to many combos ) or because the track isn't feeding them? I tried several different ADW websites and no-one was showing it.

thanks,
head scratchin' in NY

I have never seen pre race tri or super payoff probabilities
at any track or ADW (TVG is my only ADW). I imagine it would not be computer friendly, simply too many combinations. Imagine the possibilities in a 14 horse field for both the tri and super:eek:

cj
11-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I have never seen pre race tri or super payoff probabilities
at any track or ADW (TVG is my only ADW). I imagine it would not be computer friendly, simply too many combinations. Imagine the possibilities in a 14 horse field for both the tri and super:eek:

They had them in Ireland for Trifectas.

With today's technology, it should be pretty simple to at least display tri payoffs. Of course, we are talking about horse racing, so I wouldn't look for it any time this century.

cj's dad
11-12-2008, 07:25 PM
So, in a 14 horse field and I'm sure in Ireland there were occasions when there were more than 14, there were a total of 2,184 combinations of triple payoffs posted? I believe what you are saying- just find it unmanageable; not by the computing system but by the betting public. Many here can't even find the daily double payouts after the first race is over. Of course we are talking about the Irish- pretty smart bunch, eh?

cnollfan
11-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Years ago Thistledown was posting win-equivalent trifecta odds, i.e. they were not showing the possible price for every combination, but they were showing how much of the trifecta pool each horse on top had. I haven't seen it recently.

raybo
11-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I would be satisfied if they would just show the tri and super pools, I can estimate minimum payoffs for my tickets pretty good, even without the pools, but it sure would be nice to have them.

LottaKash
11-13-2008, 08:58 PM
. Of course we are talking about the Irish- pretty smart bunch, eh?

I'm not Irish, but I've heard, that the reason that God invented Alcohol, was to keep the Irish from taking over the world.....:jump:

best,