PDA

View Full Version : Qestion about Purse money supplements from Slots, etc.

rrbauer
11-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Maybe an owner can answer this. I see in the charts for the PA tracks an entry after the Purse amount, "Up To 40% added from PABF". I know that PABF means Pennsylvania Bonus Fund so I assume it's from slots. What is the "up to" condition that determines what the percentage is; and, is the bonus spread in proportion to the way the other purse money is split?

Same in other states where there are purse subsidies but the verbage is usually "Other Sources" instead of "PABF".

Thanks.

InsideThePylons-MW
11-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I think PABF means PA breeders fund so if you win (or get a check probably) with a PA bred, you get a PABF bonus added on to what the horse already made from the purse.

The slot money is already in the regular purse for the race.

BillW
11-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes, the "up to" covers the possibility that a check (less the bonus) will go out to a non-eligible entrant.

onefast99
11-10-2008, 08:05 PM
The condition of the race specifies that "up tp" 40% of the purse monies can be distributed to an eligible participant of that race. In this case the horse must be a Pa bred. The condition may read as follows "1 Mile Claiming purse $28,000(plus up to 40% PABF)For three year olds and upward Which have never won Three races...
The winner would receive the bonus and I also believe Pa is the same as NJ where the place and show horse gets part of the additional monies. In Florida you must win the race to get the added monies.