PDA

View Full Version : Bad Seed

sally
11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
What about this 8 year old kid in Arizona who shot his father and the father's friend? Supposively there's no reason for it... I'm really beginning to think this "bad seed" concept is for real--

boxcar
11-10-2008, 01:33 PM
What about this 8 year old kid in Arizona who shot his father and the father's friend? Supposively there's no reason for it... I'm really beginning to think this "bad seed" concept is for real--

It is. The whole idea was borrowed from a biblical concept.

Boxcar

JustRalph
11-10-2008, 02:01 PM
There is some biological evidence also............. it is truly weird...........

OTM Al
11-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Psychologically some people just end up "not wired right" for a lack of a better term. No ability to see others as fellow human beings. If they decide to lash out against others, they can be very dangerous as there is no sense of social morals to guide them or make them think twice about it. Don't know if this is true with this kid as, understandably since dealing with a minor, the info I've seen is pretty scant. If true though, there is no "fixing" the problem. He will be institutionalized for life.

sally
11-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Psychologically some people just end up "not wired right" for a lack of a better term. No ability to see others as fellow human beings. If they decide to lash out against others, they can be very dangerous as there is no sense of social morals to guide them or make them think twice about it. Don't know if this is true with this kid as, understandably since dealing with a minor, the info I've seen is pretty scant. If true though, there is no "fixing" the problem. He will be institutionalized for life.
If he's convicted as a minor and not ruled "insane" he'll be out at 18-- won't he?

OTM Al
11-10-2008, 02:51 PM
If he's not ruled insane, most likely, but if he is a true sociopath, he will be ruled insane (or should be anyway)

LottaKash
11-10-2008, 02:54 PM
The Bible is very clear about the decendents of "Caine"...aka "Kenites"....

As most of you know, Caine was a son of Eve, Of the Garden of Eden- Eve, but he was sired by Satan....and Abel was sired by Adam....they were fraternal twins, each were incubated in their own umbilical sack......Because Eve partook of the tree of Good-and-Evil (satan) and Caine killed Abel, we have been accursed ever since, until the second coming of the Messiah (Jesus), when all will be made well as intended from the beginning, but, since Eve's escapades with the evil one, we have had to endure the lineage of Caine along with our own of Adams, during all these centuries.....

So, there is still a line of Evil People roaming around the place, that have no conscience to speak off, many of them are in the bondage of jail or insane asylums, but many still, are out and about doing their evil deeds, and cannot be reasoned with ,whatsoever......they are the sons and daughters of Perdition.......

Soon it will be over, Praise God.!

best,

sally
11-10-2008, 03:03 PM
What!?? Can you tell me exactly WHERE in the Bible it says Eve had some jollies with Satan?? I must have missed that part...:confused:

boxcar
11-10-2008, 03:15 PM
What!?? Can you tell me exactly WHERE in the Bible it says Eve had some jollies with Satan?? I must have missed that part...:confused:

Ditto on Sally's question, LK.

Boxcar

highnote
11-10-2008, 03:45 PM

It's possible there were problems in the womb -- drugs, alcohol, tobacco, environmental chemicals, etc. Any of these things could cause any number of problems. Or the kid could have been traumatized, or perhaps he was under the influence of some kind of substance. Who knows?

I think there needs to be a lot more research into the background of this kid and his family before any conclusions can be drawn.

LottaKash
11-10-2008, 03:46 PM

Apparently, and I say this with all due respect, Eve didn't "eatnoapple", the fruit that is referred to is the "Seed" or the fruit of the loins of satan.....In the garden of eden, GOD was referred to as the "Tree of Knowledge", and satan was the tree of good n' evil (a choice).....To get to this truth one must be able to interpret the original manuscripts in Hebrew and the Greek and Aramaic translations, a scholar to be sure.....

For those that do not have this interpretation, they have been misinformed about the truth, as if one were to take the bible chapter by chapter and verse by verse, and subjected it to the light and intent and subject, of the original writers, based of course on proper translations, then this becomes quite clear for all to be seen.......

Again with all due respect, I sincerely believe there are many sincere and goodly ministers and worshippers that also may have the wrong notion about much of what is in the bible..........

For instance, there has been a Rapture thing that is believed by many these days, to be what is going to happen in the very near future, and believe me biblically ther is no word of rapture listed in the book, and there are warnings in Jeremiah, Ezekeiel as well as by Jesus himself......about the "don't worry about anything and we'll just fly away theory" , that was born in these much more modern times....and a soul-threatening lie...

If you are interested in a place that puts God's words before Men's word, then perhaps you may want to try this link:...shepherdschapel.com (http://shepherdschapel.com/)

These people have been in the business of revealing God's true word for over 50years, and all they do is interpret the bible chapter by chapter and verse by verse, with no mumbo jumbo (man's words and traditions) and they make their case sublimely, and when you study under Pastor Murray, you will learn to love the truth and the real meaing of the word of God and his Wonderful promises.....

I have been enlightened to no end, and I can't believe how long I was living in the dark without the true word of God.....I was a "trained" catholic, and then tried to worship under other pretenders and money beggars.......I can truly say I have been saved from it all.....Nice very Nice.....

amen,

Tom
11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Psychologically some people just end up "not wired right" for a lack of a better term. No ability to see others as fellow human beings. If they decide to lash out against others, they can be very dangerous as there is no sense of social morals to guide them or make them think twice about it.

They are called them democrats. :lol:

Just kidding....don't call!

RaceBookJoe
11-10-2008, 04:17 PM
I would be interested in knowing what the childs routine was like....meaning was he on meds, was he ingesting chemicals etc...ie excitotoxins from diet sodas. Would be interesting to see a study. rbj

boxcar
11-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Apparently, and I say this with all due respect, Eve didn't "eatnoapple", the fruit that is referred to is the "Seed" or the fruit of the loins of satan.....In the garden of eden, GOD was referred to as the "Tree of Knowledge", and satan was the tree of good n' evil (a choice).....To get to this truth one must be able to interpret the original manuscripts in Hebrew and the Greek and Aramaic translations, a scholar to be sure.....

For those that do not have this interpretation, they have been misinformed about the truth, as if one were to take the bible chapter by chapter and verse by verse, and subjected it to the light and intent and subject, of the original writers, based of course on proper translations, then this becomes quite clear for all to be seen.......

Again with all due respect, I sincerely believe there are many sincere and goodly ministers and worshippers that also may have the wrong notion about much of what is in the bible..........

For instance, there has been a Rapture thing that is believed by many these days, to be what is going to happen in the very near future, and believe me biblically ther is no word of rapture listed in the book, and there are warnings in Jeremiah, Ezekeiel as well as by Jesus himself......about the "don't worry about anything and we'll just fly away theory" , that was born in these much more modern times....and a soul-threatening lie...

If you are interested in a place that puts God's words before Men's word, then perhaps you may want to try this link:...shepherdschapel.com (http://shepherdschapel.com/)

These people have been in the business of revealing God's true word for over 50years, and all they do is interpret the bible chapter by chapter and verse by verse, with no mumbo jumbo (man's words and traditions) and they make their case sublimely, and when you study under Pastor Murray, you will learn to love the truth and the real meaing of the word of God and his Wonderful promises.....

I have been enlightened to no end, and I can't believe how long I was living in the dark without the true word of God.....I was a "trained" catholic, and then tried to worship under other pretenders and money beggars.......I can truly say I have been saved from it all.....Nice very Nice.....

amen,

LK, I read the "statement of faith" on the site you linked us to. Insofar as it goes, I'm in agreement with it -- although it is one of the more superficial statements I've ever read -- certainly not on par with the Westminster, as one example. :)

Your pastor has err..."unique" interpretation of the Fall to say to say the least. And I can say this because I have personally spent a good deal of time studying the Creation and Fall accounts because these two accounts are two of the pillars upon which all the doctrines of the entire bible stand or fall. Therefore, wrongly understanding these opening chapters in Genesis can lead to grievous misunderstandings of other important spiritual truths, which are, of course, are developed through the scheme of progressive revelation.

It's also a big mistake to dismiss any doctrine because the identifying term used is not found in scripture. To be sure, the term "rapture" itself is not found in the bible but this doesn't necessarily mean that the doctrine itself is unscriptural. The term "incarnation" isn't found in the bible either, so you do not believe, then, that Christ was the very God of God -- that he wasn't God incarnate? That he wasn't God sent in the flesh? Neither is the theological term "kenosis", which was essentially taken from Paul's teaching in Phil 2:5-8. Does this mean you don't believe that Christ "emptied" himself by "taking the "form of a bond-servant"? I just bring just these two examples, not to debate these two important doctrines with you but to caution you that it's truly over-simplistic to dismiss any bible doctrine because of the use of some extra-biblical term that succinctly and accurately describes it, which is precisely the case, also, with the word "rapture". All this term means is "caught up", and the NT certainly teaches this doctrine (which is greatly misunderstood in many circles, unfortunately) and in fact, there is OT precedent for it. But again...I don't want to debate these issues with you but just caution you to allow scripture to speak for itself and to rely solely on its authority and not on the authority of any teacher.

But to get back to the topic at hand, permit me ask if you have formed a biblically-based opinion one way or the other about the spiritual state of Adam and Eve after the Fall. Do you believe God condemned them both, forgave them both or saved one but not the other? And why?

Boxcar

Marshall Bennett
11-10-2008, 07:11 PM
I would be interested in knowing what the childs routine was like....meaning was he on meds, was he ingesting chemicals etc...ie excitotoxins from diet sodas. Would be interesting to see a study. rbj
.... sounds like a future democrat to me . :lol:

hcap
11-10-2008, 07:48 PM

.... sounds like a future democrat to me . :lol:Spoken like a true republican and enthusiastic PA high-Fiver.

chickenhead
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
very spooky movie, recommend it.

LottaKash
11-10-2008, 10:07 PM
But to get back to the topic at hand, permit me ask if you have formed a biblically-based opinion one way or the other about the spiritual state of Adam and Eve after the Fall. Do you believe God condemned them both, forgave them both or saved one but not the other? And why?
Boxcar

I've recently changed my mind....Eve ate an apple..... Apples are not good.....

best,

boxcar
11-10-2008, 10:10 PM
I've recently changed my mind....Eve ate an apple..... Apples are not good.....

best,

Actually, it can't be said with any certainty just what she ate, for the bible doesn't tell us. Could have been kiwi for all we know -- or maybe a Dole pineapple. ;)

Boxcar

LottaKash
11-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Actually, it can't be said with any certainty just what she ate, for the bible doesn't tell us. Could have been kiwi for all we know -- or maybe a Dole pineapple. ;)

Boxcar

HEHE.....:D

best,

DanG
11-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Soon it will be over, Praise God.!

Kash; Could you please tell me in layman terms how you seemingly speak with joy about how “it will soon be over”.

For the life of me I don’t understand that mindset when I hear a Christian talk that way or for that matter; when someone is about to blow their brains out for X # of virgins.

I’m not knocking your believe system what so ever; just trying to understand something that has always confounded me. :confused:

boxcar
11-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Kash; Could you please tell me in layman terms how you seemingly speak with joy about how “it will soon be over”.

For the life of me I don’t understand that mindset when I hear a Christian talk that way or for that matter; when someone is about to blow their brains out for X # of virgins.

I’m not knocking your believe system what so ever; just trying to understand something that has always confounded me. :confused:

The two scenarios you present aren't exactly identical; in fact, they're only superficially similar at best. But I'll refrain from offering an explanation from a Christian perspective and defer to LK since you addressed the question to him.

Boxcar

DanG
11-10-2008, 11:03 PM
The two scenarios you present aren't exactly identical; in fact, they're only superficially similar at best. But I'll refrain from offering an explanation from a Christian perspective and defer to LK since you addressed the question to him.

Boxcar
Understood Box; for the record I never said they were identical but from my perspective they certainly live on the same block and I file both in a special… “I don’t get it” drawer.

dutchboy
11-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Video games and violence on TV. Kids see people shot several times a day on TV. Do they all realize at 8 years old what really happens when you get shot?

Object of some video games are to kill people. Perhaps parents and adults should think before buying these games.

dav4463
11-11-2008, 01:16 AM
We played Cowboys and Indians when I was a kid.... and army...we pretended to shoot each other all the time. None of my friends ever killed anybody that I know of. I don't blame video games. Kids are smarter than we give them credit for being. Some kids are just bad. I truly believe some people are just "born criminals". Something is missing upstairs. There are so many people with just no concept of right and wrong. Some of it is learned from parents, but some of the best parents have some pretty screwed up psycho kids as well.

Maybe when Obama takes all the guns away then this will never happen again. ;)

LottaKash
11-11-2008, 03:42 AM
. Some kids are just bad. I truly believe some people are just "born criminals". Something is missing upstairs. There are so many people with just no concept of right and wrong.

again, Caine and his descendents the "Kenites", they do have a free will, but look at who their first daddy was...

best,

LottaKash
11-11-2008, 03:59 AM
Understood Box; for the record I never said they were identical but from my perspective they certainly live on the same block and I file both in a special… “I don’t get it” drawer.

DanG, fair enough, but I will have to get back to you (quite soon) on this....People like me (amateur wannabee bible scholars) often enough, give GOD a bad name (as do many pro-preachers)....Rather than boldly blurting out some misinformation, I will dwell a wee bit on this.....

The Bible is very clear about self interpretations of the word of God, and warns of dangerous consequences to people who falsely quote or lie about God's word.....I do respect and heed that warning....Many religions may be guilty of this, and they DO give the word of God a bad reputation....I can name many, funny churches, that I have discerned, that are guilty of this....

Isn't it funny how sometimes we are asked what "denomination" we are, and the word denomination is defined as "division", wow....I have learned that "being a true Christian", is a living reality and not a religion....It is living in and by "the word of God".....and it is not a division or cult as some would make it out to be....

Ok, I will get back to you on this...

best,

boxcar
11-11-2008, 11:36 AM
The Bible is very clear about self interpretations of the word of God, and warns of dangerous consequences to people who falsely quote or lie about God's word.....I do respect and heed that warning....Many religions may be guilty of this, and they DO give the word of God a bad reputation....I can name many, funny churches, that I have discerned, that are guilty of this....

As a reminder, LK: A child of God needs no man to lead him into the truth; for it is written:

1 Cor 2:12-13
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things freely given to us by God, 13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.
NASB

And again:

1 John 2:20, 27
20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know...27 And as for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.
NASB

And one more time:

Ps 119:18
18 Open my eyes, that I may behold
Wonderful things from Thy law.
NASB

Boxcar

LottaKash
11-11-2008, 12:31 PM
As a reminder, LK: A child of God needs no man to lead him into the truth; for it is written:

1 Cor 2:12 1 John 2:20, 27 Ps 119:18 Boxcar

Good stuf boxcar, thx for the refresher....

best,