PDA

View Full Version : The New Great Republican Hope?

highnote
11-09-2008, 05:39 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl147

Bobby Jindal, 37 year old Indian American governor of Louisiana.

Jindal has consistently stated he's focused only on winning the 2011 re-election in Louisiana. But UPI is already calling the governor and his family “the other Obamas.”

boxcar
11-09-2008, 05:41 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl147

Bobby Jindal, 37 year old Indian American governor of Louisiana.

Now he would be a very interesting candidate, indeed!

Boxcar

Tom
11-09-2008, 05:55 PM
He is on top of my list so far....but he needs seasoning. He will probably come out strong nationwide just before mid terms.

Boris
11-09-2008, 06:37 PM
He needs to be drawn and quartered, then ground to a bloody nub. Or we call it these days, vetting a Republican by the media.

JustRalph
11-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't like him. All Hype.............

I have yet to see the so called Brilliance that he has impressed upon others.

I don't see anybody for 2012 at all.

I think Obama gets a free pass.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2008, 04:13 AM
You know, I saw Paul Ryan the other day on TV (Congressman from Wisconsin) and thought he might be someone to watch in the coming years.

Don't know much about him, but from what I saw and the limited amount I heard, he impressed me greatly.

I particularly liked his comment about this current crop of Democrats and their "Europeanizing of America."

jbJpoUgz9Y0

DanG
11-10-2008, 07:45 AM
You know, I saw Paul Ryan the other day on TV (Congressman from Wisconsin) and thought he might be someone to watch in the coming years.

Don't know much about him, but from what I saw and the limited amount I heard, he impressed me greatly.]
I agree he was impressive; :ThmbUp:

I didn’t see the clip you were talking about; but I’ve heard him chastise his ‘party’s role in drastically increasing the size of government while controlling all three branches. If I could just hear a few more from the GOP discuss their own vision instead of passing blame it sure would be refreshing. (Please…no Mr. Mackey…’But the Dem’s are bad…OK)

Then again I heard a democratic congressmen from Mississippi after Katrina (Too early; I can’t think of the mans name at the moment) speak beyond party rhetoric and next thing I knew he lost party backing upon re-election. Have to be careful when you don’t march in lock step with the all mighty & increasingly narrow funding base.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
From what I heard, Ryan might not be interested in running for higher office anytime soon because he has a very young family and such...then again, Obama said he wasn't going to run for President either...:lol:

wes
11-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I would like to see a black republican run next time against Obama. Now that would be mass confusion for many people. Oh well it would probably be a tie. Acorn would have every one register twice for each candidate.

wes

Show Me the Wire
11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Obama is, just like Jimmy Carter was after 4 years in office.