PDA

View Full Version : What about Ted Stevens?

Burls
11-08-2008, 04:27 AM
Here are a few quotes regarding the Ted Stevens situation.

Palin said she would not call on Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) to resign, although last month, before his re-election bid, she said he should "step aside" and "play a very statesmanlike role in this now." Stevens, 84, was found guilty on seven counts of trying to hide more than $250,000 in free home renovations and other gifts that he received from a wealthy oil contractor.

Three days after the election, Stevens, the longest serving Republican in Senate history, is about 3,500 votes ahead of Democratic challenger Mark Begich with thousands of absentee ballots to be counted in the next two weeks.

Said Palin on Friday: "The Alaska voters have spoken and me not being a dictator, won't be telling anyone what to do." When asked if she would call on him to resign, Palin said: "Not after the will of the people has been made manifest via that vote."

Suppose he wins.What then?

OTM Al
11-08-2008, 07:34 AM
The party needs him to win. At that point, if they wish to maintain some sense of dignity, they will oust him from his seat and he will be replaced. They can't have him withdraw right now or they would lose the seat.

JustRalph
11-08-2008, 02:44 PM
The party needs him to win. At that point, if they wish to maintain some sense of dignity, they will oust him from his seat and he will be replaced. They can't have him withdraw right now or they would lose the seat.

Ding!

I still say she should wait until he can quit and appoint herself. Unless she has decided she wants nothing to do with Washington.

chickenhead
11-08-2008, 02:49 PM
surprised no one has mentioned Byrd stepping down as Appropriations Chairman either...West Virginia will no longer have the nicest infrastructure in the country...it's Hawaii's turn.

Replacing a 91 yr old with an 84 yr old....only in the Senate.

JustRalph
11-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Have you driven through WestByGod Virginia lately?

I do it at least a couple times month. Everything in the damn State is named after "Sheets" Byrd. You can't cross a bridge or stop and take piss without enjoying the Byrd Bridge, or the Byrd Rest Stop.......... not to mention the State Parks and other roadside novelties...........if I was him I would be embarrassed.

OTM Al
11-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Have you driven through WestByGod Virginia lately?

I do it at least a couple times month. Everything in the damn State is named after "Sheets" Byrd. You can't cross a bridge or stop and take piss without enjoying the Byrd Bridge, or the Byrd Rest Stop.......... not to mention the State Parks and other roadside novelties...........if I was him I would be embarrassed.

Politician embarassed from praise?????? I'm embarassed for you now! :)

JustRalph
11-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Politician embarassed from praise?????? I'm embarassed for you now! :)

The whole damn state is a Byrd Earmark!!

DanG
11-08-2008, 10:47 PM
surprised no one has mentioned Byrd stepping down as Appropriations Chairman either...West Virginia will no longer have the nicest infrastructure in the country...it's Hawaii's turn.

Replacing a 91 yr old with an 84 yr old....only in the Senate.
I saw Byrd a while back on C-Span babbling on about the names of his pets. (I’m not kidding) I honestly don’t think he knew where he was.

For Heaven’s sake; if we must be subjected to this political match race…

TERM LIMITS and a NO CONFIDENCE VOTE!!!

lamboguy
11-08-2008, 11:25 PM
84 and 91, that is the old age home. i am sure they were good in their day, but do you think these guys lost something off their fastball. how come bob dole stepped down and phil graham took a hike? maybe because they knew they were getting run over

Tom
11-09-2008, 02:16 PM
TERM LIMITS and a NO CONFIDENCE VOTE!!!

YESSSSSSSS!

lamboguy
11-09-2008, 03:40 PM
bring him back to the senate. the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. and boy ain't that the truth these days