PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Park Visit

Anoniem
11-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Can any horse owners explain to me the "perks" you receive at Hollywood Park (valet, admission, owners lounge, etc?). I'm a new owner here in California, and will be visiting the park next week.

Thanks in advance.

rrbauer
11-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Your owner's license will get you in. Your owner's parking pass will get you into the owner's parking lot.

After that, bring money.

JustRalph
11-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Your owner's license will get you in. Your owner's parking pass will get you into the owner's parking lot.

After that, bring money.

and for another 20 bucks you can hit the turf club and get in line behind Dick Van Patten while he plays $60 dollar exacta tickets................ :lol: :lol:

Just Kidding. I haven't been there for almost five years. I loved it in the turf club....... great nightime card. I had a press pass though, not an owners card. I recommend just using Valet parking. For a quick escape

The Dick Van Patten stuff is true though.......... :lol:

miesque
11-08-2008, 03:13 PM
The Hollywood Park Turf Club is great and its always where I hang out when I visit Hollywood Park, in fact I will be out there in about a month for the Hollywood Starlet on Dec 13. Ralph is right, Dick van Patten, Mel Brooks and one of their buddies are always there when I have visited, sometimes just a few tables away. They always seem to be having a great time and enjoying themselves. The food is pretty average for Turf Club fare and I pretty much always get the Crab Louis Salad with a bottle of Veuve Cliquot, but I always have a wonderful time when I am there. One nice thing is there is almost never more then one person in line at the Windows up in the Turf Club and they are easily accessible.

Sailwolf
11-08-2008, 03:57 PM
The Hollywood Park Turf Club is great and its always where I hang out when I visit Hollywood Park, in fact I will be out there in about a month for the Hollywood Starlet on Dec 13. Ralph is right, Dick van Patten, Mel Brooks and one of their buddies are always there when I have visited, sometimes just a few tables away. They always seem to be having a great time and enjoying themselves. The food is pretty average for Turf Club fare and I pretty much always get the Crab Louis Salad with a bottle of Veuve Cliquot, but I always have a wonderful time when I am there. One nice thing is there is almost never more then one person in line at the Windows up in the Turf Club and they are easily accessible.

I agree with the above plus the fact in the turf club you can look just before the finish line or further toward the Forum (left) you can see the horses coming down the stretch

Hajck Hillstrom
11-09-2008, 07:07 AM
... the ghost of Vince Edwards will approach you and hit you up for 20 bucks.

v j stauffer
11-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Another perk is on many days in the Turf Club if the wind is just right it's very difficult to hear the announcer.

richrosa
11-10-2008, 07:58 AM
No question that the Turf Club is the way to go there. The wait staff is friendly. The food is way better than average for a racetrack. Plus, you will see the occasional celebrity. One time when I was there Ed McMahon was right behind me on line for the mutuel clerk every single race. I hope he still goes.

Fingal
11-10-2008, 11:07 AM
... the ghost of Vince Edwards will approach you and hit you up for 20 bucks.

And after he loses the race will use language that would make a sailor blush.:eek:

v j stauffer
11-10-2008, 11:38 AM
And after he loses the race will use language that would make a sailor blush.:eek:

Hey that's nothin! George O. does it after calling a race. With the mic still on!!!

DeanT
11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Another perk is on many days in the Turf Club if the wind is just right it's very difficult to hear the announcer.

:D