PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question on Pick 3 results

hencicleva
11-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Forgive this basic question, I always try to research before posting but haven't found the answer.
What does (1/4/6-4-2) mean in the DRF results for pick 3 payout? Logic tells me that no-one hit it exactly so they spread out to near misses, but it doesn't seem to correlate to hard to hit pick 3's. If that's true and one person hit, do they scoop the whole pool?

John Eh
11-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Last 3 include late scratches

hencicleva
11-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Makes more sense...thanks for quick reply.

Fred
11-07-2008, 01:01 PM
The rule at most tracks is if your horse is scratched from a horizontal wager you are automatically assigned the post time favorite. That being the case it looks like two horses were scratched and the favorite won.

Freddy

rrbauer
11-07-2008, 01:39 PM
What does (1/4/6-4-2) mean in the DRF results for pick 3 payout?

1,4 and 6 in leg 1; with 4 in leg 2; with 2 in leg 3. The three winners in the first leg could be a dead heat, scratched horses or any combination thereof.

point given
11-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hencicleva

1,4 and 6 in leg 1; with 4 in leg 2; with 2 in leg 3. The three winners in the first leg could be a dead heat, scratched horses or any combination thereo
Richard Bauer

RU sure on that. I would read it as first leg 1, second leg 4, third 6,4,2, and the 6,4,2 would include scratched horses along with the winner. PG

PS - In NY at least, there are consolation payoffs if a horse scratches in the last leg, whereas in the other legs you get the post time favorite.

njcurveball
11-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hencicleva

Take 3:

In the equibase charts a dash (-) or minus sign denotes a separation of race.

For example, a double is listed as 1-2. However, I understand the confusion as an exacta as also listed as 1-2, when it should be 1/2 since there was no separation of a race.

A pick 4 where a horse was scratched in the first leg would be listed as

1/2-3-4-5, which means either 1 or 2 was scratched in the first leg, or as mentioned above a dead heat. Then 3 won the 2nd leg. 4 won the 3rd leg, and 5 won the 4th leg.

Equibase is not the biggest on following standards and some on-line results may vary from this.

rrbauer said it correctly. :ThmbUp:

point given
11-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Take 3:

In the equibase charts a dash (-) or minus sign denotes a separation of race.

For example, a double is listed as 1-2. However, I understand the confusion as an exacta as also listed as 1-2, when it should be 1/2 since there was no separation of a race.

A pick 4 where a horse was scratched in the first leg would be listed as

1/2-3-4-5, which means either 1 or 2 was scratched in the first leg, or as mentioned above a dead heat. Then 3 won the 2nd leg. 4 won the 3rd leg, and 5 won the 4th leg.

Equibase is not the biggest on following standards and some on-line results may vary from this.

rrbauer said it correctly. :ThmbUp:

My bad; i stand corrected. I personally in my handicapping for p3/4 bets use a slash instead of a dash to separate races when writing it down; I just assumed that all correct thinking people would follow my lead :rolleyes: :bang:

Imriledup
11-08-2008, 10:16 AM
California gives Conso payouts on pick 3s, they used to give you the fave with a late scratch, but now its a conso. (pick 4 and pick 6 you still get the favorite)

point given
11-08-2008, 06:08 PM
California gives Conso payouts on pick 3s, they used to give you the fave with a late scratch, but now its a conso. (pick 4 and pick 6 you still get the favorite)
Is that onlly on the last leg of the p3 ? Say your horse scratches in the first or second leg ? Is it a refund, post time fave or conso ?