PDA

View Full Version : Y'all know me Mr Reccession

pktruckdriver
11-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Yep for awhile now on this board I was stating what I saw going on out here, as I have been traveling from dock to dock to dock, thruout America.

I mentioned how bad things were and how bad they were going to get, even still I feel we have not even touched the surface of the troubles coming, and I really thought it would hold off till after the election, well it did not for some of it, but for the worse parts I think may have held off.

Worse parts, Wall Street falls apart, and that is not the worse, housing goes into the toilet, banks fail, Humongous Investment House's fail, million lose money, but do not forget the Golden Parachutes for the people who failed them, the people in charge, go free, why others go broke, what a country.

Now with housing falling apart, there is no new house being built, I have seeen this 1st hand , it has made me change companies because our customers shut there doors , because no new orders were coming, same thing for Auto makers too, but they have done this quietly behind the scenes, kinda under wraps to avoid panic maybe, but unemployment in this country is about explode, even in the holiday season, where we use to get a small upward spike, what do we do about this, how do we fix it, Can Obama help us , probally not, who could, McCain , i doubt he could either, and our congress, doesn't seem to care one bit about the inpending crisis, as they have known about this happening for awhile now and did nothing to help stop it did they, no of course not, it was beneificial to them to do so, they were paid to look the other way, and told all is well, by bogus numbers put out by our buddy W and his croney's for the last 100 years, or at least 1-2 years I feel the reports that were given out were not true in reporting the correct numbers, I find hard to believe that company after company closes it doors , all 3 shifts shut down, and no higher unemployment rates show up anywhere, just makes me wonder where and when they would be reported, as people kept posting reports that all is ok, jobs are fine and housing is fine, and other reports said all is fine, you think someone was not telling the truth, naw not our goverment, it would not do that would it?

What was I saying , oh yeah the jobless rate is about to sky rocket soon, unfortunately at the wrong time too, not that there is a good time for it, mind you, but Xmas season is not a good time for sure.

I just would like to how we are going to fix all these problems, are we going to do a Tennessee thingy again, this time how rebuild all our Highways, they are overdue and some are really bad too, hire another 20000 border patrol agent, but why, that is not needed, maybe make us americans do the jobs the illegal do now for nothing, the jobs we refuse to do. Taco Bell, hotels , wal-mart, and all the other min wage jobs they do so happily, that we just ignore, but these jobs will not support families , so then what, more welfare, I just do not see a way out of this mess, that is why I am a truck driver and no a problem fixer, wonder what that would pay if I did come up with a way out of this mess.

What do you say PA board , how can we fix the country's mess? It has to be fixable, we always managed to get out of the previous pickles we got into, so how bout this one?

Just more curiousity
Patrick

Heck I may go back to work today , if not then I got all weekend again to play around here, nothing else to do, except watch football, heck I haven't pulled a paying load inover 5 weeks, for that is scary, and betting money has been gone for awhile now, but even worse, eating money is about to dissappear very soon too, then what. Gotta love this country, I do....

wes
11-07-2008, 09:55 AM
When the guy next door is out of a job that's a recession.

When you are out of a job that's a depression!

wes

pktruckdriver
11-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Wes :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Man that makes it so simple

patrick

RXB
11-07-2008, 06:06 PM
This article-- which was written two years ago-- neatly summarizes the USA's coming fiscal troubles with regard to public debt and underfunded liabilities. Now that the national debt is even worse and the credit crisis is hammering the economy, it will be difficult to ward off the problems that are preparing to hit circa 2020.

Looks like major (and temporarily unpleasant) changes are required, and soon, otherwise it's going to be ugly. Take the pain now, or take an even worse dollop of it in the future.

http://people.bu.edu/kotlikoff/Drifting%20To%20Future%20Bankruptcy%20October%2022 ,%202006.pdf