PDA

View Full Version : Anti-war protestors

dav4463
03-26-2003, 04:36 AM
I talked to some anti-war protestors the other day at a local college campus. I understand how they feel. It would be great if everyone felt the same way and respected other people. If all people wanted peace...it would be a great world. But the sad fact is there are EVIL people in this world. Just as you had the bully in grade school who terrorized everyone, the world has bullies like Hussein. The only way to deal with a bully is to take him out. America is doing what is right............Why can't these anti-war protestors realize that there are some people out there who cannot be dealt with in any other way, except with violence. These people would sooner cut your throat than say hello. They just don't get it ! Like the Iraqui information guy that has been on TV the last few nights. He gets up there and lies about everything and you can see his total HATRED of the USA. There is no way to possibly rationalize with a person like that. He has to be taken out...... John Lennon was a nice man and "give peace a chance" sounds great. Unfortunately there are some people (bullies) who do not want peace. If we all had the mindset of John Lennon, ...sure the world would be OK, but not everyone respects others. It is up to the USA to stop those who have no respect for human life..................I wish EVERYBODY wanted peace, but as long as there are Hussein types in the world, there will be no peace and sometimes WAR is the ONLY answer........

GameTheory
03-26-2003, 06:21 AM
Exactly. Absence of war is not necessarily peace. It is not peace for the Iraq citizens. They are pro-war -- they want the U.S. to get rid of Saddam, and they know that some of them will die in the process. Having the chance for freedom is better than the certainty of torture.

Anti-war in this case is pro-torture. Pro-brutality. There is nothing noble or compassionate about it. It is advocating cruelty. That is without even bringing the threat of Saddam's weapons into it, which is also very real. Now if your position is, "I don't think Saddam has any weapons and I don't give a damn about *any* person in Iraq -- they can all rot in hell" I will still think you are stupid and cruel, but at least I'll respect your honesty.

But don't pretend this is about war & aggression vs. peace & tranquility. There is no peace -- only turning a blind eye. Sometimes waging war is a good and noble thing to do...

Big Bill
03-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Dave and GT,

Much of what you expressed in your posts is embodied in the article that I hope you can get to by clicking on the link below:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell1.asp

Big Bill

so.cal.fan
03-26-2003, 11:04 PM
Someone told me at Santa Anita today, that they hated our Government, and they hated America. Not that they disagreed with our government or America.....they HATED it.
I quietly asked this person to please put that in writing and sign it, I was collecting these type of statements.
Of course, they walked away.

dav4463
03-27-2003, 01:25 AM
great article.....

Lefty
03-27-2003, 03:14 AM
Yes, great article but that's common for this guy. A great thinker and writer.