PDA

View Full Version : Staying in the Tank; Obama's accomplice

JustRalph
11-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Check out Chris Mathews comments on Obama Presidency and what his job will be.........

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/214673.html

Wow! Would have thought Obama bought MSNBC

DeanT
11-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Wow, that is pretty shocking. I used to like Chris and thought him to be a centrist journalist. Amazing stuff.

delayjf
11-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Me too, at least he admits it.

Suff
11-06-2008, 03:38 PM
I think the most unbelievable fact we discovered on Election day is that the American people were in the tank for the Democrats.

It must be tough to be a conservative because you look around the country and you have few allies. There is virtually no one who does not conspire to defeat you.

America may require some sort of political affirmative action program that will balance all the inequality heaped on Republicans.

I feel really really bad, do you guys want PBS? Would that make your boo-boo feel better?

DeanT
11-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Suff,

I know you are a chit disturber :), but really, when journalism goes this way we all lose. If they were saying that about certain politicians over the years and did not go after them because it "was their job to make them successful" we are no better than countries that we sanction on a daily basis.

I don't care of you are liberal, conservative or from the moon, we need a strong press to keep an eye on the power brokers for us. That is why it is in both our countries constitutions.

LottaKash
11-06-2008, 03:44 PM
I viewed it and got absolutely nada from it.....maybe I need a nap....

best,

Tom
11-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Fact is, Suff, here were no conservative running so they couldn't win. But every where a conservative value was on a prop it won. Gay marriage, green nonsense, down in flames. The conservative ideals is still what America is...not your fringe - kooks. You won nothing - your boy took advantage of a purge - we do that on our side, you know - we purge out the crooks and morons - your side has never down that. That is your fatal flaw. You guys keep your trash in the house.

Suff
11-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Suff,

I know you are a chit disturber :), but really, when journalism goes this way we all lose. If they were saying that about certain politicians over the years and did not go after them because it "was their job to make them successful" we are no better than countries that we sanction on a daily basis.

I don't care of you are liberal, conservative or from the moon, we need a strong press to keep an eye on the power brokers for us. That is why it is in both our countries constitutions.

8% of American's believe the media is fair. No one believes what their lying eyes tell them.

Last month for the first time ever, more Americans used the Internet as their primary news source than Newspapers.

The Wall Street Journal , NY Times, MSNBC are like Inside Baseball.

90% of Americans have never even seen a copy.

If you want to believe that you and the other 10 million neo-conservatives are immune from media manipulation while 75 million Americans are not, I encourage you to keep on believing that.

For some reason your unable to see:

Bill Ayers
Terrorist
NY Times
Muslim
MSM Media
Liberal Media
UnAmerican
Patriotism
Real America.

Those words don't get you votes anymore. Republicans need new words.

seriously...that's not humor.

TrifectaMike
11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
I viewed it live on MSNBC. Joe, of Morning Joe, and the other guests were speachless. After Chris made those comments. he disappeared.

DeanT
11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Interesting take on things.

So journalism means nothing in society now because we get news from the Internet?

I don't agree, I still think we need them, but alas we can agree to disagree.

delayjf
11-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Wasn't both he and Oberman pulled from campaign coverage recently??

Republicans need new words.

you mean like "CHANGE".

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Is anyone really shocked by what Chris Matthews said? At least he's honest. Him and most of his comrades have been operating under this directive since the beginning of campaign 2008.

Did Suff comment on the video? I'd like to hear his thoughts.

DeanT
11-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I am PA. You are not? He was challenged point blank "you are a journalist and you still say it is your job to make sure ...." (paraphrasing). 100% of the time the guy realizes what he said and backs off. But this is the first time I have seen that kind of response.

He looked like he needed some sleep. Maybe he had an off day, because he used to be one of those guys who held the tenets of journalism with pretty high regard. Then again, maybe this election season threw him off the deep end with this stuff, as evidenced by the MSNBC coverage. The world went a little strange in a lot of quarters.

When MSM types openly start flaunting a bias Edward R Murrow has to be turning over in his grave. Could you imagine if the media was like this during McCarthyism because they thought it was "good for the country and their job to make it a success?"

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Journalism is dead as we used to know it. Get used to it.

As I said a couple of months ago, the Dems have learned how to play the game, and they are playing hardball in every sense of the word. Adapt or die.

delayjf
11-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Maybe he's politicing for a spot in the adminstration.

Greyfox
11-06-2008, 08:29 PM
In February, Chris Mathews said:

"I felt this thrill going up my leg" when Obama spoke. :lol:

DeanT
11-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Maybe he's politicing for a spot in the adminstration.

Could be. It might describe the way he has been.

For me it is disconcerting tho since I really liked him. He was never a political screamer, and I admire that. I read this book of his several years ago and I thought it was a perfect apolitical look at America. I enjoyed the fact it was devoid of personal bias. The reviewer even noted it. if he can go off the deep end, heaven help the rest of the media, imo.

http://www.bookreporter.com/reviews/0743240863.asp

Perhaps the greatest aspect of this book is its timeliness. In a time of international turmoil and political conflict, AMERICAN reminds us of what our nation was founded on, what it has endured, what it is we are fighting to defend. Void of personal bias and political preferences, Matthews delivers an objective view of our country's history.

HUSKER55
11-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey Grayfox, maybe what he thought was a thrill was actually him pissing his pants and he is in denial.:lol:

bigmack
11-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Matthews cut his own wound when he referred to himself as a journalist. Too few people know the difference anymore. When Hannity, Olbermann, Maddows, Matthews & others talk there should be a flashing graphic - This is not journalism.

What's awkward for a guy like Matthews is that his views (and feelings in his leg) are widely known & out of the closet. To go caprice now is just downright silly.

Tom
11-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Will tank for dry pants!

hcap
11-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Fact is, Suff, here were no conservative running so they couldn't win. But every where a conservative value was on a prop it won. Gay marriage, green nonsense, down in flames. The conservative ideals is still what America is...not your fringe - kooks. You won nothing - your boy took advantage of a purge - we do that on our side, you know - we purge out the crooks and morons - your side has never down that. That is your fatal flaw. You guys keep your trash in the house.The trash was voted out. On addition to winning the election overwhelmingly, more so-called "conservative" propositions were voted OUT than in. Next time get your facts straight.....

http://www.alternet.org/election08/106193/depraved_right-wing_attack_efforts_go_down_in_flames/

In Massachusetts, Oregon and North Dakota, attempts to cut income and corporate taxes at the expense of state budgets went down in flames. On the night Democrats took back the White House and expanded their Congressional majorities, voters also repulsed right-wing attacks on reproductive and labor rights in California, Colorado and South Dakota.

.....But the 2008 initiative scorecard totals more victories than failures, and it reflects the same broad political sentiment in the country in favor of progressive change that was expressed in the election of Barack Obama. From coast to coast, voters passed progressive initiatives and referenda addressing everything from drug policy reform to alternative energy. But the biggest winner of the night was health policy: Five states approved important health care measures, from stem cell research and medical marijuana legislation in Michigan to long-term care and assisted suicide in Washington.

"Despite the lack of an overarching national narrative, there were a slew of ballot victories for progressive causes," says Kristina Wilfore, director of the Ballot Initiative Strategy Center. "It was a fairly big victory overall."

hcap
11-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Conservatism will have to adapt as these voters grow. But it is a dead duck right now.

I doubt they will buy into endless war and disregard for their fellow humans.
Try moving to the left and you may have a chance. But it ain't gonna be conservatism any more.

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/426/youngvote_thumb_350x210.gif

Tom
11-07-2008, 07:55 AM
I love a good set up.....:cool:

delayjf
11-07-2008, 11:42 AM
So assisted suicide is now considered healthcare!!! - BRILLIANT.

Those 18 - 29 year olds will be getting jobs and starting careers soon, well see what their attitudes are when the take a look at their paychecks.