PDA

View Full Version : President Barack Obama - Congratulations!

Secretariat
11-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Thank God the election is over.

No more poltical ads on either sad.

And in tow more months the GW era will be over. An era that has led to the lowest ever rating for a President since they actually counted polling.

Will Obama live up to the hype? Of course not. But people simply have had enough. Bush has done more to destroy the Republican party than I thought possible that one person could.

As to McCain. Well, he could very easily have won this. Frankly, I think he blew it. And it began at the convention. When McCain gave over his strategy of integrity and abandoned himself to his handlers and went with the negativity the far right wanted. It bolstered his base, but turned off almost all independents. For him to lose Virginia and possibly North Carolina, and Indiana was unfathomable to me. I knew the Joe the plumber stuff in Ohio was a stupid strategy and the Ohio voters spoke up soundly. McCain's single biggest mistake was this - moving to an almost totla negative campaign. He forgot his strength. The miltary. He should have been in ads with generals, and servicemen instead of pumping Ayers and Wright His second major mistake was Palin. I know some here like Palin, but she weakened McCain's position on experience. Whether you think she's qualified or not, she helped negate the preparedness issues that McCain was scoring well against Obama with. Palin's troopergate was a diversion, her foolish answers to Couric, SNL's spoof of her, and her far right playing to the base totally turned off independents. With H. Clinton supporters she was deemed only 20% ready while Biden was deemed 80% ready acccording to exit polls. This was significant becasue she essentially drew very few H. Clinton supporters which they announnced they hoped to do.

While I am happy Obama has been elected, I think he inherits a mess. I had intially supported McCain because I figured it's be mroe of the same and literally destroy the Republican Party for years. The fact the Republicans lost this one is of great benefit long term to them, because they will not blame the Bush economy on Obama. They will blame any terrorist action on Obama, and they will blame any disruptions in Iraq on Obama. But primarily, ti will be the eocnomy. No one will be able to recover quickly from this mess, and people's minds are short. So Republicans don't fret, be glad you're not going to be in power during the clean up the GW mess period. It would take FDR to clean this up. I'm not sure Obama is FDR. I hope he proves me wrong. He is too centrist, and not progressive enough to suit me. I am happy he won because it is an amazing thing to see an African American elected in America. It truly makes one proud to know that a minority truly can truimph despite overwhelming odds. And states like Virginia and North Carolina ...whew...jsut be proud if you come from those states because since LBJ I beleive they've never gone blue. Truly phenomenal.

So congrats President Barack Hussein Obama. We all wish you well. We know you've inherited a mess and we're hoping your plan leads us out of it.

boxcar
11-05-2008, 04:51 PM
We know you've inherited a mess and we're hoping your plan leads us out of it.

Whoa, Dude! You mean everything doesn't start turning on a dime for this guy on Day One the way you libs intimated it did when Bush first took office, even though he inherited Clinton's mess??? How does that work? :confused:

Boxcar

DeanT
11-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I found that funny too I must say. The people that blamed Bush for 9/11 are saying not to blame Obama for anything that happens in his first six months. Funny. :)

I understand your hope Sec, and I hope so too. I wish the Big O well. But asking people like Barney Frank to enact reforms to fix a mess he in large part blocked reform on to fix in the first place, is like asking THG to solve the ADW mess. :(

Show Me the Wire
11-05-2008, 05:47 PM
I am in complete agreement with sec, republicans should not fret. Obama has inherited a mess created by the likes of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, the dem controlled congress, and it is only fitting a dem president should suffer the consequences of dealing with the mess.

Also, I am grateful to Obama for kicking the Clintons to the curb. His victory most likely insures Hillary will not have a chance to effectively run for president in 2012. Additionally, it will free the republicans from Palin in 2012, since she isn't the sitting vice-president of the republican party.

Additionally, Obama's victory is a great argument for the end of any and all affirmative action programs for blacks. Obama attaining the highest office in the land demonstrates equality has been achieved.

Another unintended consequence of Obama's victory is the reinstitution of the Gay marriage ban in California, which is a serious blow to the progressive movement.

For me I am satisfied that for the next Presidential term the dems have to take the heat for their failures without the ability to point fingers at others.

Marshall Bennett
11-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Obama's mess he's walking into was created not only by Republicans but by his own people as well , probably more so in that they overextended their credit , couldn't make good on their debt , and left us all an economic nightmare to sort through . Bush has made good on his word to silence the guns in Iraq , and he didn't force anyone to sign on to a mortgage they couldn't honor . If Obama is walking into a world of shit all I can say to him is ... wipe your feet when you leave .

Tom
11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Obama's only hope to accomplish anything is if he puts the same same old dems in their place - out of the loop. Funny, the proven liar talked of change all the time, but now he will be a part of the proven loser lib party with a lower AR than Bush. If he allows Reid or Pelosi any say I things, he is doomed.

JustRalph
11-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Tom, they are talking RFK for EPA head. This is the same guy who called for outlawing the gasoline powered engine and years back called for taxing gasoline so heavy that people wouldn't be afford to drive.................

Get ready............. to pay at the pump

I suspect a windfall profits tax on the Oil Companies in the first six months?

Tom
11-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh crap. Another generation of Kennedy's to screw up the country. How many of those degenerates are there, anyway? We are still paying for that drunken SOB Ted.

so.cal.fan
11-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Show Me The Wire comments:
"Another unintended consequence of Obama's victory is the reinstitution of the Gay marriage ban in California, which is a serious blow to the progressive movement".

A friend of mine called today and told me she heard on the news that they reckon 51% of BLACKS voted YES on 8 (the gay marrige ban in Calif)

Tom
11-05-2008, 08:20 PM
You guys voted down some airhead "green props" too, Diane. KUDOS.
They voted for the man, but not his politics. This false positive of the libs is going to be a joy to watch blow up in their faces. They made such a deal about change from Bush, no one bothered to give HUSEEIN a platform. All he has right now is a whole lot people looking for a handout. His AR will botom out pretty fast. did you see that mob go into "huh? mode last night when he mentined coming sacrifices? :lol::lol::lol:

so.cal.fan
11-05-2008, 08:23 PM
In california, the Presidential race is pretty much a big fancy "American Idol" show.
Actually it's pretty much that in many of the "blue states". :bang:

Secretariat
11-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Regardless of those still posting here clinging to their guns and religion, congratulations to our new President Elect, Barack Hussein Obama.

Remember, we still have two months of GW we will have to bear.

pandy
11-05-2008, 08:35 PM
While I am happy Obama has been elected, I think he inherits a mess.

I agree with you that he has inherited a mess, but I don't think GWB is responsible for all of it. I also disagree that it could help the GOP come back in 4 years. As you know, the economy is cylical, and chances are that things will be better in 4 years. In my opinion, since the country is bankrupt, Obama's big spending plans will not pass, and things will gradually get better. This could put him in a strong position 4 years from now. His higher taxes on businesses will eventually backfire and make things worse, but that could take more than 4 years.

Tom
11-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Diane, did you see the text message Chris Mathews sent last night?

.................................................. ................
Kieth......
Bring pants.

Hurry.
.................................................. .................

so.cal.fan
11-05-2008, 08:45 PM
No, I don't watch MSNBC, Tom......but it had to have been disgusting!
At best they have "American Idol" mindsets, at worst, they are well......not too manly.

Suff
11-05-2008, 08:53 PM
. If Obama is walking into a world of shit .

If you don't mind, moving forward we'd prefer if you called the President-elect:

Barak Hussien Obama.

Thanks much.
:D

Marshall Bennett
11-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Regardless of those still posting here clinging to their guns and religion, congratulations to our new President Elect, Barack Hussein Obama.

If only we could stretch 2 months into 4 years , especially after the disaster we experienced last night .

Tom
11-05-2008, 09:42 PM
No, I don't watch MSNBC, Tom......but it had to have been disgusting!
At best they have "American Idol" mindsets, at worst, they are well......not too manly.

That was a joke.
I'd sooner put push pins in my eyes than watch Much Stuff, Nothing But Crap.

Tom
11-05-2008, 09:43 PM
If you don't mind, moving forward we'd prefer if you called the President-elect:

Barak Hussien Obama.

Thanks much.

President
of
Some

Elect

so.cal.fan
11-05-2008, 09:52 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/obama_win_causes_obsessive?utm_source=embedded_vid eo

Boris
11-05-2008, 10:37 PM

Barak Hussien Obama.

Thanks much.

I'm Barry HO, and I approved this message.

NJ Stinks
11-05-2008, 11:01 PM
In california, the Presidential race is pretty much a big fancy "American Idol" show.

Do yourself a favor and and get it over with, so.cal.fan. Move to West Virginia. California obviously does not deserve you.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-05-2008, 11:06 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/obama_win_causes_obsessive?utm_source=embedded_vid eo

Very Funny!

dav4463
11-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I wish Bush could declare "martial law" and take over as dictator! 4 more years...4 more years!!! I like Bush!

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2008, 02:25 AM
Do yourself a favor and and get it over with, so.cal.fan. Move to West Virginia. California obviously does not deserve you.Why are you taking things so personally? You won. Relax.

Marshall Bennett
11-06-2008, 02:44 AM
A bit upset knowing they " stole " an election . :D

Burls
11-06-2008, 03:08 AM
If he allows Reid or Pelosi any say in things, he is doomedI'm in full agreement with you on that one, Tom.
Isn't that amazing?
Obama is already ushering in bipartisan agreement.

JustRalph
11-06-2008, 10:04 AM

They are walking around aimlessly, like Zombies

RWpU8sX10_4

First_Place
11-06-2008, 10:47 AM
President Obama...now that's an honest to goodness, all-American name!

Our Founding Fathers reel in disgust.

What an Obamanation.

The late, great WHITE America is officially DEAD.

FP

Tom
11-06-2008, 12:02 PM
We don't have to like, or respect him, but the election is over, it was won, it was by the rules we knew going in. We have to at least allow him time to see where he goes. Like PA says, we are not dems, we accept defeat and move on. We can oppose him at every step, but still, he is the top dog now.
But, as always, no holds barred on congress and dems in general.;)
no one owes congress anything, ever.

Floyd
11-06-2008, 12:07 PM
A bit upset knowing they " stole " an election . :D

Hey now! He bought it, fair and square!

Marshall Bennett
11-06-2008, 12:10 PM
He'll earn a great deal of respect by those who doubt by not allowing Pelosi and Reid to bully him around , which is their full intent . Pelosi wants to be in charge and will do anything , including throwing the chief under a bus , if thats what it takes to get a leg up .

Hank
11-06-2008, 12:14 PM
President Obama...now that's an honest to goodness, all-American name!

Our Founding Fathers reel in disgust.

What an Obamanation.

The late, great WHITE America is officially DEAD.

FP

Thank you for have the balls to be honest.Dead wrong but honest.Politics aside the election of Obama actually confirms the Brilliance and greatness of the founding fathers.ONLY in THE GREAT U.S. OF AMERICA could this occur.

Tom
11-06-2008, 12:41 PM
We agree Hank, And you know what else is now a fact?
The NEW standard is that no one can ever again claim he is being held back because of his color. That is now proven to be a lie. Everyone in this country who is a failure is a failure by his own choosing. There is no more racial excuse. There is no longer a need for affirmative action. It is now truly a racist policy and must be voided at once.

Welcome to equality, Hank. You got your wish. Frankly, I welcome you...it's been a long time coming. You are now the only one you can blame or reward for your lot in life.

JustRalph
11-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Funny, I never thought of America as having a color?

boxcar
11-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Funny, I never thought of America as having a color?

Yeah...it's kinda like the Christian Church having a color. Never could get a handle on these kinds of things.

Boxcar

Hank
11-06-2008, 01:56 PM
We agree Hank, And you know what else is now a fact?
The NEW standard is that no one can ever again claim he is being held back because of his color. That is now proven to be a lie. Everyone in this country who is a failure is a failure by his own choosing. There is no more racial excuse. There is no longer a need for affirmative action. It is now truly a racist policy and must be voided at once.

Welcome to equality, Hank. You got your wish. Frankly, I welcome you...it's been a long time coming. You are now the only one you can blame or reward for your lot in life.

Whoa... you scared hell out me with that first sentence,But then you proceeded to be wrong as usual. Because someone achieves in spite of an obstacle does not prove the obstacle did not exist,But I'm sure simple logic such as this is beyond your grasp.:rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Thank you for have the balls to be honest.Dead wrong but honest.Do you walk around under the impression that ANY white person who voted for McCain is a racist? Be honest.

Hank
11-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Do you walk around under the impression that ANY white person who voted for McCain is a racist? Be honest.

Of course not. But race was a factor for some. Lets take my home state of Louisiana for example,Clinton won easily here in 92 and 96 Obama lost in landslide here and troughout the deep south, Fla excepted due to it's unique demographics. Coincidence?What do you think?

bigmack
11-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Of course not. But race was a factor for some.
Do tell. Guess what % of blacks voted for Obama? Many, solely because he's black (or .5 black)

Double edged sword with one edge far outweighing the other while you tend to dwell on the blunt side. Get over it already.

Hank
11-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Do tell. Guess what % of blacks voted for Obama? Many, solely because he's black (or .5 black)

Double edged sword with one edge far outweighing the other while you tend to dwell on the blunt side. Get over it already.

Gee Mack last I checked Blacks vote like 90% dem historically.But in this case they voted Dem soley because the candidate was Black. You should given that one a quick proof read Mack.rotflmao:lol:

bigmack
11-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Gee Mack last I checked Blacks vote like 90% dem historically.But in this case they voted Dem soley because the candidate was Black. You should given that one a quick proof read Mack.rotflmao:lol:
Did I say solely?

Gee internet acronyms. How fun. Are you really on the floor?

Your horse is a tad high.

so.cal.fan
11-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Here is the guy who......
called Obama after the 2004 keynote speech at the Dem. party.......and told him to run for President and he would support him.

http://www.biography.com/search/article.do?id=95426

The interesting question is who fixed it so a junior state senator from Illinois, who was going to run for the U.S. senate, got to give the keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention?
If we knew that, we would have an idea of who is behind the curtain?????

keilan
11-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Do you walk around under the impression that ANY white person who voted for McCain is a racist? Be honest.

Certainly not all but many

boxcar
11-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Certainly not all but many

Yeah...and you have the stats to back that up, right? I mean...you're ready to define "many", right?

Boxcar

keilan
11-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah...and you have the stats to back that up, right? I mean...you're ready to define "many", right?

Boxcar

Boxie -- take a look at states won by JM, the world has changed. Either you're in or in the way!!!

Tom
11-07-2008, 07:49 AM
And blacks voted for him because.....

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Certainly not all but manyIt's sad that you should think like this.

There were SO MANY better reasons to vote against Obama, other than the color of his skin. But I get it. I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine.

keilan
11-07-2008, 09:04 PM
It's sad that you should think like this.

There were SO MANY better reasons to vote against Obama, other than the color of his skin. But I get it. I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine.

And your comment might be the most truly ignorant response to date.

keilan
11-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Now hurry Mike and close this thread, that's your style

Hank
11-07-2008, 09:19 PM
It's sad that you should think like this.

The sad truth however is that certain segments of the electorate do not share your grasp of the issues,and cast their votes based on other questionable criteria.

Boris
11-07-2008, 09:40 PM
The sad truth however is that certain segments of the electorate do not share your grasp of the issues,and cast their votes based on other questionable criteria.

I shouldn't, but I'll play along. How many of the 57,325,487 that voted for McCain did so only because BHO was black?

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Now hurry Mike and close this thread, that's your styleSpare me.

bigmack
11-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Lions & Tigers & Certain segments and Questionable criteria - OH MY!

Cut the crap, Einstein. Vague shit don't work. After a succession of posts about the White against Black vote, it's time to offer up your numbers.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2008, 10:17 PM
And your comment might be the most truly ignorant response to date.How so?

I say:

"There were SO MANY better reasons to vote against Obama, other than the color of his skin. But I get it. I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine."

And you say:

"And your comment might be the most truly ignorant response to date."

--------------------------

How so? How is it ignorant to believe that a white person has many, many reasons to vote against Barack Obama, other than the color of his skin?

What percentage of the white folks who voted for John McCain would you say did so for racist reasons? The thread is still open....let's talk ignorance.

Marshall Bennett
11-07-2008, 10:43 PM
I shouldn't, but I'll play along. How many of the 57,325,487 that voted for McCain did so only because BHO was black?
About as many that voted for Obama for the same reason .

boxcar
11-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Boxie -- take a look at states won by JM, the world has changed. Either you're in or in the way!!!

Oh...I'm "in" the world okay, but certainly not of it!

Boxcar

Hank
11-07-2008, 11:39 PM
How so?

I say:

"There were SO MANY better reasons to vote against Obama, other than the color of his skin . But I get it. I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine."

And you say:

How so? How is it ignorant to believe that a white person has many, many reasons to vote against Barack Obama, other than the color of his skin?

What percentage of the white folks who voted for John McCain would you say did so for racist reasons? The thread is still open....let's talk ignorance.

A literal interpretation of you post would mean his race was a valid reason not to vote for him but other reasons were better.I did not take it that way maybe K did.

Hank
11-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Lions & Tigers & Certain segments and Questionable criteria - OH MY!

Cut the crap, Einstein. Vague shit don't work. After a succession of posts about the White against Black vote, it's time to offer up your numbers.

Ok Mack 16.9% of Whites who voted for Mcain were racially motivated,or if you prefer not one white person who voted Mcain was racially motivated and racism does not really exist. :rolleyes:

Hank
11-08-2008, 12:10 AM

Look I really could not care less about that ignorant class of people,PA asked me a question I tried to give an honest answer,I did not initiate this.Obviously there is no way to know precise numbers.

NJ Stinks
11-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Here is the guy who......
called Obama after the 2004 keynote speech at the Dem. party.......and told him to run for President and he would support him.

http://www.biography.com/search/article.do?id=95426

The interesting question is who fixed it so a junior state senator from Illinois, who was going to run for the U.S. senate, got to give the keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention?
If we knew that, we would have an idea of who is behind the curtain?????

I heard John Kerry picked Obama to give that specch at the 2004 convention. Paul Begala said it.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2008, 01:21 AM
A literal interpretation of you post would mean his race was a valid reason not to vote for him but other reasons were better.I did not take it that way maybe K did.But there WERE people who voted against him because of the color of his skin. I'm certainly not going to deny that. No intelligent person would deny that reality. However, I never said it was a valid reason, nor did I imply it.

To spell it out, what I was getting at --> for those who can't comprehend a white person voting against Barack for reasons other than race, I can assure you there were many valid reasons that would give a thinking person pause when examining the candidacy of Barack Obama. Just like there were many valid reasons that would give a thinking person pause when examining the candidacy of John McCain.

I find it shocking that even in this thread, there are people who believe many, most, or maybe all white people who voted for McCain are racist, as if there can't possibly be valid reasons to vote AGAINST Barack Obama. As if he's just the perfect Presidential candidate.

The cult of personality surrounding Obama has moved from the comical to the downright freaky.

I believe the following definition from Wikipedia is quite fitting to the discussion:

A cult of personality or personality cult arises when a country's leader uses mass media (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_media) to create a heroic public image through unquestioning flattery and praise. Cults of personality are often found in dictatorships (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship).
A cult of personality is similar to general hero worship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apotheosis) except that it is created specifically for political leaders. However, the term may be applied by analogy to refer to adulation of religious or non-political leaders.

exactaplayer
11-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Hey now! He bought it, fair and square!
Excuse me Floyd but, I think it was the American middle class that bought it. As versus the aristocrats that bought the last two.

cj's dad
11-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Yes we do and many more months of a Congress with an AR less than that of GB. One would think that the republicans have been in charge for the last 4 years.
My God, we have elected a man named "Hussein" !!!

highnote
11-08-2008, 09:04 AM
GWB on the cover of a national magazine in a fighter pilot uniform proclaiming "mission accomplished" would probably qualify as "cult of personality".

rastajenk
11-08-2008, 09:07 AM
What about the "unquestioning flattery and praise" part? That never happened.

keilan
11-08-2008, 02:12 PM
How so?

And you say:

Mike have you looked at the demographics of the votes cast? There was one group aged 45 and older that voted for which candidate. The only criteria here is age and whites and they voted for............. ???? this criteria represents about 95% of the people here.

But yes Mike there is absolutely no color issue/racism here.

Sidebar -- the Italian President made a comment the other day about Obama's suntan, classy FELLOW. Of course it's all a big joke. Kinda like Fuzzy Zellor on Tiger Woods.

Your boy Berlusconi, once compared a German lawmaker to a Nazi camp guard, asserted after the Sept. 11 terror attacks that Western civilization was superior to Islam and claimed more recently that the new Spanish government had too many women.

Hank
11-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Yes we do and many more months of a Congress with an AR less than that of GB. One would think that the republicans have been in charge for the last 4 years.
My God, we have elected a man named "Hussein" !!!

[/u]

I rest my case.:ThmbDown:

Tom
11-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Mike have you looked at the demographics of the votes cast? There was one group aged 45 and older that voted for which candidate. The only criteria here is age and whites and they voted for............. ???? this criteria represents about 95% of the people here.

But yes Mike there is absolutely no color issue/racism here.

Nonsense. That is ALSO the group that pays taxes, carries the country, and suffered through Jimmy Carter. WE know what a stinking liberal is going to do.

Sailwolf
11-08-2008, 04:09 PM

Even more for the red states!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keilan
11-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Nonsense. That is ALSO the group that pays taxes, carries the country, and suffered through Jimmy Carter. WE know what a stinking liberal is going to do.

Tom I'm not making this stuff up, these are facts

Tom
11-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Some of the facts, obviously. Mine are just a relevant.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Your boy Berlusconi,"My(Your) boy?"

Huh?