11-05-2008, 11:06 AM
This'll make you mad....it did me:mad:

http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/47906.htm

pktruckdriver
11-05-2008, 11:28 AM
May I ask Who you are Mad at, Please.

Cheaters or Unfair Officials?

Let me Guess, Delaware?

Hope so I got a 50/50 shot with this one.

Patrick

onefast99
11-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Bringing up the security issue is a poor defense. Many tracks try their best to have on-site security and some trainers even have their own security 24/7. Some owners-trainers even install cameras to keep an eye on their stock. The infraction was minor it wont affect this trainer one bit.

joanied
11-05-2008, 07:12 PM
May I ask Who you are Mad at, Please.

Cheaters or Unfair Officials?

Let me Guess, Delaware?

Hope so I got a 50/50 shot with this one.

Patrick

Larry Jones is not a cheater
And I'm sorry, Patrick...not sure what your other two sentences mean...Delaware and a 50/50 shot:confused:

joanied
11-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Bringing up the security issue is a poor defense. Many tracks try their best to have on-site security and some trainers even have their own security 24/7. Some owners-trainers even install cameras to keep an eye on their stock. The infraction was minor it wont affect this trainer one bit.

It may not effect Larry as far as his training, but it's just another added stress that he should not have to endure...the man did not cheat, and I don't think it's fair.

Tom Barrister
11-06-2008, 03:06 PM
You can hardly expect a track that is making hundreds of millions per year in slot revenue to pay for better security on the backstretch. Of course, security is much better around the slot machines: try robbing the slots cashier and see how far you get (over/under is about 100 feet, if you run fast).

It's all about the money, the same as it always was. Racing is there there because they HAVE to support the racing as part of the agreement to run the slots. From the corporation's point of view, the welfare of the backstretch has a priority level somewhere between that of the homeless people who sleep near the gates and the cockroaches which crawl around in the Grandstand.

joanied
11-06-2008, 03:26 PM
You can hardly expect a track that is making hundreds of millions per year in slot revenue to pay for better security on the backstretch. Of course, security is much better around the slot machines: try robbing the slots cashier and see how far you get (over/under is about 100 feet, if you run fast).

It's all about the money, the same as it always was. Racing is there there because they HAVE to support the racing as part of the agreement to run the slots. From the corporation's point of view, the welfare of the backstretch has a priority level somewhere between that of the homeless people who sleep near the gates and the cockroaches which crawl around in the Grandstand.

Probably all true, Tom...but I don't know what it has to do with my original post concerning Larry Jones...I think it's unfair that 'they' decided to penalize a man that simply does not cheat (with his horses)... on track security really hasn't much to do with this 'positive' from one of Larry's horses...although he was having problems with someone turning loose his pony horse, so I guess maybe they'd known who did it if they'd had camera's installed in the barn...but, again, it's that positive that erks me.

pktruckdriver
11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Thank you Mam

That was what I thought you meant, my reference to Del, was the authority doing wrong here.

My 50/50 was that I had 50/50 shot guessing right here, at who you're mad at , that is all.

The situation does smell a bit , but I believe that people who know Larry will know Larry and disregard anything they try to do to him here.

Patrick

rrbauer
11-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Had a chance to speak with Larry Jones at Saratoga this year. Asked him if he had any good babies up there for the meet (this was the week before the Alabama). He said that he did not, that to race them there he would have to "crank them up too much, too soon" to be competitive at the Spa.

The man cares about his stock.

how cliche
11-06-2008, 07:28 PM
He might have to reconsider retirement and see it through with this colt. Check the replay if you can...

7th Race - Delaware Park - Monday, November 3rd, 2008

Fractions: :233, :471, 1:12, 1:373 (:23.78, :47.26, 1:12.19, 1:37.75)

Winner 6 - Old Fashioned, Gray or Roan Colt, 2, by Unbridled's Song - Collect Call by Meadowlake

joanied
11-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Thank you Mam

That was what I thought you meant, my reference to Del, was the authority doing wrong here.

My 50/50 was that I had 50/50 shot guessing right here, at who you're mad at , that is all.

The situation does smell a bit , but I believe that people who know Larry will know Larry and disregard anything they try to do to him here.

Patrick

OH...well, alrighty then...we're on the same page:ThmbUp:
Yes...Delaware should be ashamed...and your odds at figuring out who I am mad at should have been lower:)
And...correcto...anyone that knows that man, knows better!!
Whew:faint:

joanied
11-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Had a chance to speak with Larry Jones at Saratoga this year. Asked him if he had any good babies up there for the meet (this was the week before the Alabama). He said that he did not, that to race them there he would have to "crank them up too much, too soon" to be competitive at the Spa.

The man cares about his stock.

Yes he:ThmbUp: does....so much so that he will probably never get over the death of Eight Belles. The world would be better with more men like him.

Stevie Belmont
11-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Larry is a great guy. Met him a few times. Down to earth and cares about his horses.

Whatever happened down there shoud be looked at with trepidation. A lot of idiots tried to do things to the barn. Some dummies broke in and let some of his ponies out of the stall. Knowing that, how can one say he was not sabotaged?

It's all part of the Eight Belles Effect....

joanied
11-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Larry is a great guy. Met him a few times. Down to earth and cares about his horses.

Whatever happened down there shoud be looked at with trepidation. A lot of idiots tried to do things to the barn. Some dummies broke in and let some of his ponies out of the stall. Knowing that, how can one say he was not sabotaged?

It's all part of the Eight Belles Effect....

Needless to say, I agree completely...which is why it makes me so mad that 'they' are going to carry through with this so-called positive he got.
:mad: