PDA

View Full Version : So this is America

dav4463
11-05-2008, 02:35 AM
America once again proves what is important. You have to look good on TV. You have to be able to talk really well. You have to be able to mesmerize millions. Look at the way we idolize movie stars who are dumber than a rock.

Fluff over substance is what America voted in as President. America is so shallow.

We deserve what we get. Abraham Lincoln would never have had a chance today....he's too ugly!

Tampa Russ
11-05-2008, 04:45 AM
It's not just America, it's human nature. The "world" is supposedly celebrating the Obama victory. It's just one big love-fest! :rolleyes:

highnote
11-05-2008, 08:57 AM
America once again proves what is important. You have to look good on TV. You have to be able to talk really well. You have to be able to mesmerize millions. Look at the way we idolize movie stars who are dumber than a rock.

Fluff over substance is what America voted in as President. America is so shallow.

We deserve what we get. Abraham Lincoln would never have had a chance today....he's too ugly!

I agree. That's why I voted for Howard Dean when he ran for president. He wasn't the most handsome, but he was the smartest.

ArlJim78
11-05-2008, 11:02 AM
This election was the political version of American Idol.

ddog
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
This election was the political version of American Idol.

Nice to see you have been paying attention the last few elections.

:sleeping:

ArlJim78
11-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Nice to see you have been paying attention the last few elections.

:sleeping:
i have no clue what you're trying to say really, but you can't be saying that there are similarities between this election and the last few. Bush was no American Idol.

Light
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Fluff over substance is what America voted in as President.

I suppose you think substance is someone who constantly attacks his opponent with fearmongering,while offering no substance of what he himself plans to do. Hires a VP after one interview who turns out to be comedy material. Suspends his campaign to go to Washington to deal with the financial crisis,but does nothing. Uses Joe the Plumber as some kind of ideal American,yet hearing Joe speak makes him sound more clueless than Palin. Calls his opponent disrespectfully "that one" in a debate after not even having the dignity to look at him or shake his hand on occassions in the debates. Calls himself a "maverick"when he's nothing but a schill for the status quo.I could go on,but where's the substance? He's a better man than that,but didn't show it till his concession speech.

Obama has his faults too. But McCain lost this election himself and he said so in his concession speech. Despite the odds of a 20% approval co party President,unpopular war,failing economy,he still had a chance. He shot himself in the foot with the above examples. But his concession speech was eloquent. It was his best speech of the entire campaign. When he stopped the boos when he mentioned his opponent,it was like a breath of fresh air. Contrast that to the lynch mob mentality rally's that he held.The stench of hate was sickening. If he had that attitute of his concession speech throughout his campaign, he would have won.No question.Unfortunately that level of cleanliness in politics is impossible.

Tom
11-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Obama's speech was racist and insulting.

prospector
11-05-2008, 02:35 PM
so, here's my first shot...
i just saw a picture of first mama michelle, did anybody else think they were looking at a black widow spider? black dress with big red spots on the tummy...they should fire whoever dressed her...

Suff
11-05-2008, 02:48 PM
i just saw a picture of first mama michelle, did anybody else think they were looking at a black widow spider? black dress with big red spots on the tummy...they should fire whoever dressed her...

No kidding huh. I thought it was some kind of wardrobe malfunction.

That dress was ugly as hell. Generations will look back and laugh the way we do when we see a photograph of generations past.

Overall shes a pretty lady, as black ladies go, if your into that thing, which I am, or at least were, when I was out late and drinking a lot.

LottaKash
11-05-2008, 03:11 PM
2-LOSERS ran for president, America is now further LOST.....:confused:

best,

TrifectaMike
11-05-2008, 03:44 PM

Am I the only one who believes that she is a dead ringer for James Brown?

OTM Al
11-05-2008, 04:01 PM

Seriously Tom, exactly what part of the speech do you find racist?

bigmack
11-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I hadn't seen it, but I do now.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/55-1.jpg

4Fd8_gojNXc

hcap
11-05-2008, 05:01 PM
As are you monkey brain.

boxcar
11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
As are you monkey brain.

With the rubbish you post, you should be the last person on this forum to cast aspersions on anyone's brain function or size thereof, most especially since your posts suggest that your brain closely resembles something that fell out of a pea pod, rolled on the floor and got trampled upon.

Boxcar

hcap
11-05-2008, 05:10 PM

I hadn't seen it, but I do now.You guys are two class acts. So your candidates lost, do try getting past infantile whining about women.

Adolescents down in the school yard, picking pimples are more graceful.

hcap
11-05-2008, 05:16 PM

I hadn't seen it, but I do now.You guys are two class acts. So your candidates lost, do try getting past infantile whining about women.

.................................................. ......

Box, Tom said Obama's speech was racist and insulting.
What I said bout picking pimples evidently applies to both he and you as well

JustRalph
11-05-2008, 06:26 PM

James had much better hair

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I suppose you think substance is someone who constantly attacks his opponent with fearmongering...Fear mongering? You mean like implying there will be a 2nd Civil War if Obama failed to win? That kind of fear mongering? I know, I know, Obama never said anything like this, but some of his more famous supporters certainly did...

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Contrast that to the lynch mob mentality rally's that he held.The stench of hate was sickening. If he had that attitute of his concession speech throughout his campaign, he would have won.No question.Unfortunately that level of cleanliness in politics is impossible.Lynch mob? Stench of sickening hate?

You mean like that large crowd gathered in front of the White House after Obama was named President-elect? You know, the crowd that put on one of the more disgusting displays ever seen. The crowd comprised of (what I can only assume) Obama supporters.

Can you feel the unity?

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2008, 10:18 PM
As are you monkey brain.How does Tom's opinion of Obama's speech necessitate a personal attack from you on Tom? Did Tom insult you?

No, so why are you taking it personally?

I don't think Obama's speech was racist and insulting, but you don't see me calling Tom names.

A lot of people need to chill out here...this is not how I want off-topic to go from here on out.

Rookies
11-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Fluff over substance is what America voted in as President.

Right ! If America elected an amoeba, that would have been an improvement over the imbecile incumbent !

Bush is Exhibit A for Hollywood Henderson's famous test of Terry Bradshaw.
Obama looks like he would feel comfortable taking to Stephen Hawking.

ElKabong
11-05-2008, 11:45 PM
James had much better hair

James was also proud of his country before last February.

hcap
11-06-2008, 05:25 AM
How does Tom's opinion of Obama's speech necessitate a personal attack from you on Tom? Did Tom insult you?

No, so why are you taking it personally?

I don't think Obama's speech was racist and insulting, but you don't see me calling Tom names.

A lot of people need to chill out here...this is not how I want off-topic to go from here on out.Tom insults me ALL the time. What else is new?

ddog
11-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Lynch mob? Stench of sickening hate?

You mean like that large crowd gathered in front of the White House after Obama was named President-elect? You know, the crowd that put on one of the more disgusting displays ever seen. The crowd comprised of (what I can only assume) Obama supporters.

Can you feel the unity?

people have or had(no more Pa) every right to demonstrate , if they broke no laws there is nothing disgusting imo.

Chill out, indeed.

rastajenk
11-06-2008, 07:43 AM
So if in a couple months a large group demonstrates outside the White House with a paper-mache Obama swinging from a noose, you'd think that was a legitimate expression of free speech and assembly, with nothing disgusting about it?

OTM Al
11-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Still waiting to be informed about what part of his speech was racist.

Light
11-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Fear mongering?
Lynch mob? Stench of sickening hate?

Throughout their campaign,McCain's side tried to frighten voters with notions that he was a Terrorist,anti American and a Muslim, as 25% of Texans still believes. McCain and Palin had the crowds all worked up to the point where people were calling for Obama's death out loud and they did nothing to stop that. If that's not a fear mongering lynch mentality,I dont know what is. That's not disgusting to you? I would be just as appauled if that was said about JM. Instead of listening to this rhetotic, most of the country sent a loud message that the fear mongering tactics of Karl Rove that led to 8 years of the Bush regime are dead. Obama's message of hope resonated louder than McCain's message of fear.People get tired of living in fear,even if its true.They want a change. The Obama camp's message was taylor made for the mood of the country.

delayjf
11-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Bush is Exhibit A for Hollywood Henderson's famous test of Terry Bradshaw
And who won that Super Bowl??

delayjf
11-06-2008, 12:33 PM
where people were calling for Obama's death out loud and they did nothing to stop that. If that's not a fear mongering lynch mentality,I dont know what is.

Sarah Palin hanging in effigy, Madonna stating at a concert she would Kick her ass, another hollywood liberal talking about Sarah Palin being ganged raped. Did Obama EVER denounce those loons?? Certainly there were loons on both sides, but McCain publically denounced them like the lady he corrected at his rally who though Obama was a Muslim.

His association with Ayers and black radicals is a legitimate attach. If McCain has those same kinds of associations with the uni-bomber or the KKK, you don't think it would have been a legitimate issue??

Light
11-06-2008, 01:43 PM
The point is the McCain camp actively participated in these ugly acts of hate and death wishes in those rally's. Obama's camp did not sink to that low level. People hanging Palin in effigy or other lewd acts were individuals not connected with Obama's campaign. They were rogues.

Tom
11-06-2008, 01:54 PM
No, Mavericks!

delayjf
11-06-2008, 04:05 PM
The point is the McCain camp actively participated in these ugly acts of hate and death wishes in those rally's.

According to who - the daily kos??

OTM Al
11-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Seriously. Mr. McCain had no more to do with the angry words there than Mr. Obama had to do with those 2 thugs at the Philadelphia polling station. Mr. McCain is a good and honorable man who could have made a fine president. He only lost me with some of the choices his campaign made in the last few months. The true class and quality of the man was clearly shown in his concession speach. Had that man never vanished during the campaign, I would have faced a much more difficult choice. Mr. Obama would do well to work with a man like him in the future.

GaryG
11-06-2008, 05:20 PM
The point is the McCain camp actively participated in these ugly acts of hate and death wishes in those rally's.Is there any documentation for this? Maybe you just "know it" intuitively? :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2008, 06:12 PM
people were calling for Obama's death out loudThis didn't even happen...at least in real life.

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2008, 06:14 PM
They were rogues.Wow. Excuse everything away on one side as rogues, but on the other side, it's all part of an organized group effort! How laughable!

slewis
11-06-2008, 07:09 PM
His association with Ayers and black radicals is a legitimate attach. If McCain has those same kinds of associations with the uni-bomber or the KKK, you don't think it would have been a legitimate issue??

Delay,

You must be kidding?

Let's get something straight... Nobody gets this far up the political ladder without enough investigating performed by friends and foes.

Obama had NONE, ZERO , ZILCH, serious associations with Ayers and company. The election is over so this nonsense should stop.
If he had, his party would have squashed him well before he got a chance to run against Hillary. Had they failed to do so, the Republican party would have in a heartbeat., but there was no substance to these accusations.

They were nothing more then an attempt to sway low IQ undecided voters toward McCain, which is OK. It was a legitimate campaign tactic, but the election is over, and for those that seriously stay on this topic, join the sore loser-low IQ club.
Visa versa regarding a hypothetical McCain relationship with KKK or whomever.
These types of bashings should be left to guys in the media who need topics to talk about and need to boost ratings.
By the way, you dont really think if asked Obama wouldn't denounce the "hanging" of Palin do you? There are no shortage of kooks out there and pranks like that are a waste of media time.

Floyd
11-06-2008, 08:00 PM

Delay,

You must be kidding?

Let's get something straight... Nobody gets this far up the political ladder without enough investigating performed by friends and foes.

Obama had NONE, ZERO , ZILCH, serious associations with Ayers and company. The election is over so this nonsense should stop.
If he had, his party would have squashed him well before he got a chance to run against Hillary. Had they failed to do so, the Republican party would have in a heartbeat., but there was no substance to these accusations.

They were nothing more then an attempt to sway low IQ undecided voters toward McCain, which is OK. It was a legitimate campaign tactic, but the election is over, and for those that seriously stay on this topic, join the sore loser-low IQ club.
Visa versa regarding a hypothetical McCain relationship with KKK or whomever.
These types of bashings should be left to guys in the media who need topics to talk about and need to boost ratings.
By the way, you dont really think if asked Obama wouldn't denounce the "hanging" of Palin do you? There are no shortage of kooks out there and pranks like that are a waste of media time.

“I think my relationship with Obama was probably like that of thousands of others in Chicago and, like millions and millions of others, I wished I knew him better.” William Ayers speaks (http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/tny/2008/11/mr-ayerss-neighborhood.html)

Light
11-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Is there any documentation for this? Maybe you just "know it" intuitively? :lol: :lol:

This didn't even happen...at least in real life.

Amazing these 2 people on this board who talk enough in the OT section to presume they know what's happening in the news are not aware of this well known news thats been talked about many times all over the internet and TV and is post speculative as to their defeat.

Here's one web site on this topic(randomly chosen):

Their Supporters Call Obama a Terrorist & Demand His Assassination, McCain and Palin Remain Silent

http://current.com/items/89380891_their_supporters_call_obama_a_terrorist_d emand_his_assassination_mccain_and_palin_remain_si lent

During this rally, a McCain supporter answers the question posed by Senator Country Last, "Who is the real Barack Obama?" The unmistakable answer: terrorist! McCain says nothing.

"Kill him!" proposed one man in the audience.

Palin says nothing.

Tom
11-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh well, if you read it on the internet, it must be true.

rastajenk
11-07-2008, 07:47 AM
And all the fantasies out there about a Bush assassination or a Cheney heart attack are just something I dreamed, and I didn't really read about them? Or they were just Republican plants to make the libs look mean?

The polarization will continue unabated. Now that the Dems have all the power, don't look for them to make much effort to close the Gap. Liberal Fascism - Get on board or get run over.

lsbets
11-07-2008, 07:53 AM
I do believe JR posted a link to the Secret Service stating the kill him comment was never made.

But, if it makes you feel good to believe it, have at it.

Tom
11-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Yes he did, but fats never stood in light's way before, why start now?
The TRUTH is McCain chastised many for what he thought were out of line comments about Obama, but that would not make for good lib posting.

delayjf
11-07-2008, 11:19 AM
You must be kidding?
No, I'm not kidding. I can only conclude from your post that you simply don't care who he associated with. If you care to look at their association it goes a lot deeper than just” he was I guy who lived in my neighborhood”. Most liberals simply dismiss the association because you are infatuated with Obama and quite frankly a lot of liberals agree with Ayers policies, to them character doesn’t matter.

But I can tell you it does matter; it matters to the world leaders Obama will have to deal with. Why do you think Chavez and Ahmadinejad are so happy with the election results, President Bush is gone either way, but they would much rather deal with Obama than McCain.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2008, 06:27 PM
"Kill him!" proposed one man in the audience.

Palin says nothing. Apparently, you don't keep up on the news either. The Secret Service issued a statement saying no such thing was heard by any of their agents. Some reporter made the whole thing up. It's been debunked.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Obama had NONE, ZERO , ZILCH, serious associations with Ayers and company.Are the reports of Obama having his political "coming out party" in Ayers living room true or false? If they are true, would this count as a serious association?

The New York Times sugar coated it, but did confirm the "party in the living room:"

Their paths have crossed sporadically since then, at a coffee Mr. Ayers hosted for Mr. Obama’s first run for office, on the schools project and a charitable board, and in casual encounters as Hyde Park neighbors.They called it a "coffee," whatever that means.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/04/us/politics/04ayers.html?_r=1&fta=y&oref=slogin

If the NYT admits to this much, well, I think you can draw your own conclusions as to if there was any serious association.

Do you think John McCain or any Republican candidate for higher office would be looked favorably upon in the media had they held a "coffee" with an abortion clinic bomber to kick off their first run for office?

Show Me the Wire
11-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Hey light you may want to rethink your position on Obama. Obama appointes Rahm Emmanuel a staunch supporter of Israel and Rahm has even been described as a Hawk ( war like). This appointment can't bode too well for a person like you that described Israel as a "terrorist" state.

Show Me the Wire
11-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Hey light does the following make you reconsider your enthusiaim for the "one" ?

http://www.njdc.org/blog/post/lightningandthunder110608

delayjf
11-08-2008, 10:01 PM
let us not forget that Obama wrote a review of Ayers book in 1997.

JustRalph
11-08-2008, 10:56 PM
let us not forget that Obama wrote a review of Ayers book in 1997.

I thought it was funny that Ayers showed up to vote right after Obama did............ at the same precint etc.

I know they live in the same neighborhood..........but somebody could have coordinated that better :lol:

Marshall Bennett
11-08-2008, 11:04 PM
I thought it was funny that Ayers showed up to vote right after Obama did............ at the same precint etc.

I know they live in the same neighborhood..........but somebody could have coordinated that better :lol:
They were probably going to lunch afterwards and just missed each other . :lol:

toetoe
11-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Suff,

You have dodged the bullet of misunderstanding. I took your post as a total joke; to my surprise, so did everyone else. :ThmbUp:

EasyGoer89
01-21-2017, 11:49 PM
You guys are two class acts. So your candidates lost, do try getting past infantile whining about women.

8 years later. ;)

woodtoo
01-22-2017, 07:43 AM
8 years later. ;)
Hot dang if they aren't real nasty woman now.

Tom
01-22-2017, 09:13 AM
hcap nails it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MutuelClerk
01-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Proving once again in our government the more things change the more they stay the same.

Marshall Bennett
01-22-2017, 12:54 PM
8 years later. ;)
Classic post. Well done. :ThmbUp:

HalvOnHorseracing
01-22-2017, 10:33 PM
Obama is worse than oxycodone. Really, really hard to break the habit (of dissing him daily).

fast4522
01-22-2017, 10:44 PM
Obama is worse than oxycodone. Really, really hard to break the habit (of dissing him daily).

Really, he gave up years ago. Why in the Sam Hill would anyone give a rats ass about him, the focus always shifts to who is running for office.

EasyGoer89
01-22-2017, 11:02 PM
Classic post. Well done. :ThmbUp:

I just couldn't leave that alone! Liberals telling conservatives to 'stop whining' in old message board posts is like the hope diamond these days!

HalvOnHorseracing
01-22-2017, 11:19 PM
Really, he gave up years ago. Why in the Sam Hill would anyone give a rats ass about him, the focus always shifts to who is running for office.
Exactly my point. Time to send Obama to the scrap heap of history. I say, no more posts about BO.

Tom
01-23-2017, 02:11 AM
Only if he agrees to make no more public statements.

EasyGoer89
01-23-2017, 02:32 AM

Even if he's quietly playing golf, his name will be invoked every time Trump exposes him as a below average president.

Marshall Bennett
01-23-2017, 06:33 AM
He'll get blamed for a lot for good reason since he fkd up a lot, unlike Bush where much blamed on him was either unfounded or an excuse for Obama being unfit.

boxcar
01-23-2017, 08:03 AM

The pope would convert to Protestantism before that happens.

woodtoo
01-23-2017, 01:51 PM
The pope would convert to Protestantism before that happens.
Protestants would not accept him just as Republicans would deny Obama.

boxcar
01-23-2017, 01:58 PM
Protestants would not accept him just as Republicans would deny Obama.

Not to worry. We'll never find out.

woodtoo
01-25-2017, 07:14 PM
California DMV Officials have instructed DMV programmers to remove the
internal coding flags for the driver licences of illegal aliens in California.
The "AB60 code" indicates "Federal limits apply" Thus making the tracking of illegals harder as well as illegal voting tracking. They also hired former U.S.
General Attorney Eric Holder to lead the fight against the Trump Administration.
This is basically an admission of guilt. Voter fraud.

chadk66
01-25-2017, 07:32 PM
California DMV Officials have instructed DMV programmers to remove the
internal coding flags for the driver licences of illegal aliens in California.
The "AB60 code" indicates "Federal limits apply" Thus making the tracking of illegals harder as well as illegal voting tracking. They also hired former U.S.
General Attorney Eric Holder to lead the fight against the Trump Administration.
This is basically an admission of guilt. Voter fraud.that's because they know that a couple million voted. Boy nothing like hollering "guilty" :D
Trump will probably issue an EO to stop that from happening :ThmbUp:

MutuelClerk
01-25-2017, 08:10 PM
America is a business. We gave up on being a country many years ago.