PDA

View Full Version : Proud Again

exactaplayer
11-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Can't say what gives me more joy, the election results or listening to the right wingers on this board whine. Yes folks the right wing experiment has failed and now we can all be "Proud to be an American AGAIN" !!!

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2008, 01:59 AM
You keep telling yourself that. Hopefully, you won't come back here months or years down the line and lament how the fourth estate failed in its duties during the run-up to the 2008 elections.

If you're proud of how election 2008 was conducted, how the press looked the other way for the (D) and not the (R), how Obama basically BOUGHT the election (and yes, if McCain had won and had outspent Obama by the same amounts along the way, this is EXACTLY what you'd be typing here tonight), then so be it. Your standards have been beaten down so low, you have no idea what being proud is all about.

You can't even write a simple thread about being proud without including "right wingers" among your words.

hcap
11-05-2008, 06:23 AM
You can't even write a simple thread about being proud without including "right wingers" among your words.Simply because we were and are attacked, just as Obama has been attacked for differing from the right wing mantra.
Can't say what gives me more joy, the election results or listening to the right wingers on this board whine. Yes folks the right wing experiment has failed and now we can all be "Proud to be an American AGAIN" !!!
The proper word for this is the German."Schadenfreude"

Schadenfreude is the gleeful joy you experience when someone else gets his just desserts or has his comeuppance.

Sort of like the class buffoon always sanctimoniously preaching, criticizing and putting everyone else down, slipping on a banana peel and falling on his ass :cool:

Tom
11-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Even today, you are still a loser. You will always be a loser. Even in victory.
Take that to the bank.....before the dems close the rest of them. :lol:

hcap
11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Even today, you are still a loser. You will always be a loser. Even in victory.
Take that to the bank.....before the dems close the rest of them. :lol:
Your buddy bush is a disgrace. No one in this country thinks we are going in the right direction. The economy is in the toilet, and our side won the electoral vote almost 2 to 1.

And I'm the loser?

Joe the plumber
Oscar the grouch
Tom the whiner.

Grow a pair and for gods sakes grow up

Tom
11-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Of course it is the toilet...DEMS put it there.
Yes, you will always be a loser. It is your fabric.

hcap
11-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Of course it is the toilet...DEMS put it there.
Yes, you will always be a loser. It is your fabric.
6 of the last 8 years have been a total repug lock.
Hey maybe Joe the Plumber can roto-rooter us out?
Or will he be too busy recording country tunes?

Don't forget Palin, the most experienced energy expert in the country.
Maybe on her way back to oblivion, she can stop and give Joe a hand?

hcap
11-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Schadenfreude is the gleeful joy you experience when someone else gets his just desserts or has his comeuppance.

Sort of like the class buffoon always sanctimoniously preaching, criticizing and putting everyone else down, slipping on a banana peel and falling on his ass Tom careful where you throw 'em :cool:

http://dddy.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/banana-monkey-auto.gif

TrifectaMike
11-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I watched MSNBC's Morning Joe this morning. Joe asked asked his usual panel of Obama cheerleaders the following question:

Does anyone here really know anything about Obama, and what he plans to do within the first 100 days in office?

There was a long (for TV that is) moment silence followed by a series of "I don't really know".

It was a telling moment.

chickenhead
11-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty sure he has to consult with Chavez and Castro before laying out his first 100 days, so they can give him his script.

I was actually surprised they weren't on stage with him last night, tho they might as well have been, with that hateful anti-American speech he gave.

HUSKER55
11-05-2008, 10:55 AM
hcap, JUST A WILD GUESS, were you the one in class who fell on the bananna peel?

If so, why don't you go to the DR. and get your head examined.

Seriously, you need some anti-depressants. You are way out in left field.

hcap
11-05-2008, 11:11 AM
hcap, JUST A WILD GUESS, were you the one in class who fell on the bananna peel?

Seriously, you need some anti-depressants. You are way out in left field.You spelled banana incorrectly.
One more time:Schadenfreude is the gleeful joy you experience when someone else gets his just desserts or has his comeuppance.

You lost while proclaiming Obama was the anti-christ, Islam is taught in our colleges at the expense of Christianity, and he KKK was a "military offshoot of the Democratic party.

Why shouldn't I laugh when you fall on your ass. Sure is a hoot. :lol:

delayjf
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
No one in this country thinks we are going in the right direction. The economy is in the toilet, and our side won the electoral vote almost 2 to 1.
That's because you wrongly believe that Bush is responsible. Yet if you really looked into the causes of the sub-prime meltdown, which is the main reason our economy has tanked, you would discover that the cause was Government intervention which culminated in the collapse of the housing market.

I ask you, specifically, which economic policy enacted by Bush led to the collapse of the Credit Markets??

Yes folks the right wing experiment has failed and now we can all be "Proud to be an American AGAIN" !!!

Wrong, conservative economic principles have lead to the greatest economic expansion in the history of the world in the past 25 years. So me the time in our history when we have Taxed ourselves into prosperity.

Congratulations on you victory - all you've done is weaken a nation today.

ArlJim78
11-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't know how you can be proud of a guy that promised to put our troops in harms way by immediately pulling them out of Iraq while he was trying to win the Dem nomination, but now sings a different tune.

my immediate concern is for the men and women serving this country overseas in the military. we now are looking at a pacifist, antigun, inexperienced, wet behind the ears, appeaser, who wants to sit down and discuss things with the enemy as commander-in-chief. the closet this guy ever was to any combat was whenever he had his windows open on the south side of Chicago and could hear the gunshots in the distance. He's the guy that nobody would want in their foxhole.

if I were in the military it would make me sick to my stomach to have to salute this guy.

boxcar
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
The last line in Obam's acceptance speech:

Thank you, God bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.

Gotta think Wright cringed a bit when he heard that. He may not be among the "proud".

Boxcar

Tom
11-05-2008, 11:59 AM

Seriously, you need some anti-depressants. You are way out in left field.

If you need some banana peels, let me know. Anything for the cause.

robert99
11-05-2008, 05:02 PM
You spelled banana incorrectly.
One more time:Schadenfreude is the gleeful joy you experience when someone else gets his just desserts or has his comeuppance.

You lost while proclaiming Obama was the anti-christ, Islam is taught in our colleges at the expense of Christianity, and he KKK was a "military offshoot of the Democratic party.

Why shouldn't I laugh when you fall on your ass. Sure is a hoot. :lol:

Congratulations Hcap to your unending patience and resolve in trying to educate these bitter and deluded hayseeds, even in the unlikely event they were ever prepared to listen. A veritable Richard Dadier within the "Blackboard Jungle". The free World is now back in tune with the great people of USA and working together things can really go forward. I can foresee Tom et al on bended knees begging for Obama the Great to be allowed to stay on for another 8 years in 2016.

JustRalph
11-05-2008, 06:29 PM
you got balls calling people hayseeds............

considering where you live.......and the way your country has receded over the last two hundred years........ get real.........your country is being overrun by the middle east and you continue to lose your character every day.

pktruckdriver
11-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Hey Bossman

You really dissappoint me with your excuses not even one day after the election. I thought you were above that , guess not.

If you're proud of how election 2008 was conducted, how the press looked the other way for the (D) and not the (R), how Obama basically BOUGHT the election (and yes, if McCain had won and had outspent Obama by the same amounts along the way, this is EXACTLY what you'd be typing here tonight), then so be it. Your standards have been beaten down so low, you have no idea what being proud is all about.

Still I am proud this country could overcome the racial bias's we had not even 50 years ago, we have come a long way, will Obama be a great President, I do not know, but not only me but many countries across the world think he may be. Only time will tell, and in my opinion it could not get any worse than what 'W" did in his time in office, IMO.

Patrick

hcap
11-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Congratulations Hcap to your unending patience and resolve in trying to educate these bitter and deluded hayseeds,

Believe me robert, it is not an easy task. Tom and his 30,000 + posts are locked in an endless feedback loop. Curiously he is somewhat of a hero among the PA high-fivers. Go figure

Add boxcar, and some of the newer fundamentalists like Husker and LK, and yes much patience is needed to deal with these "bitter and deluded hayseeds"
However watching them squealing like stuck pigs is worth the hassle.
The election is causing much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Tom is having a mini meltdown.

Regardless of what self righteous posters like Ralph thinks, I must remember to use "hayseed" more often. Thanks :rolleyes:

Tom
11-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Robert has no frame of reference as to what a great country is, having lived in that has-been country under the world' ugliest woman. All the Brits have left is their arrogance. And hcap........the queen mum and the queen bum.

JustRalph
11-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Only time will tell, and in my opinion it could not get any worse than what 'W" did in his time in office, IMO.Patrick

Why in hell do people keep saying this?

Are you ten years old? Were you not of working age when Jimmy Carter was President? I was a young man fresh out of high school trying to find a decent job............ and this is what we were faced with

10% Unemployment
18% Mortgage Rates

And we were embarrassed for a year in a half by a bunch of college kids in Iran........... one of which is now the President of Iran......... who by the way warned Barack Obama not to Fu@# with him, already today.
it can get much worse!!!!

riskman
11-05-2008, 07:49 PM
I watched MSNBC's Morning Joe this morning. Joe asked asked his usual panel of Obama cheerleaders the following question:

Does anyone here really know anything about Obama, and what he plans to do within the first 100 days in office?

There was a long (for TV that is) moment silence followed by a series of "I don't really know".

It was a telling moment.

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-8bgqNqFFY

riskman
11-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't know how you can be proud of a guy that promised to put our troops in harms way by immediately pulling them out of Iraq while he was trying to win the Dem nomination, but now sings a different tune.

my immediate concern is for the men and women serving this country overseas in the military. we now are looking at a pacifist, antigun, inexperienced, wet behind the ears, appeaser, who wants to sit down and discuss things with the enemy as commander-in-chief. the closet this guy ever was to any combat was whenever he had his windows open on the south side of Chicago and could hear the gunshots in the distance. He's the guy that nobody would want in their foxhole.
if I were in the military it would make me sick to my stomach to have to salute this guy.

Wow thats some heavy stuff --guess you are pissed.
The Republicans fear presidential power in the hands of Obama, but you should have seen it coming. Republicans defended the power of the president to wage war on any nation, torture and detain anyone on earth. They favored total power, and now they finally realize someone they don’t like might have that power one day?

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2008, 10:34 PM
If people continue to post these personal attacks and personal comments, then threads will continue to be closed, edited and deleted.