PDA

View Full Version : Are all these people under the mistaken impression they've elected Bill Clinton II?

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2008, 01:41 AM
If so, they're in for one helluva bout of buyer's remorse.

The most non vetted, most liberal, most secretive candidate in modern history coupled with the most liberal Congress in modern history spells some super freaky fun times ahead for the U.S. of A.

When Bush won reelection in 2004, the overnight futures market shot up. This was a combination of a close race and an uncertain outcome. When Obama clinched, the markets basically yawned. The S&P futures right now are basically right where they were when regular trading stopped at 4:00pm Tuesday.

The market has already priced in an Obama victory. And what a price that was!

Contained within the plunge from 14,000 down to 8,000 on the DOW is the "pricing-in" of an Obama victory. Clearly, the market thinks what it thinks of this president-elect. You can interpret this drop as you please, and figure in the "Obama factor" as whatever percentage you see fit.

I truly believe America is not a left-leaning nation, yet it has elected a far-left President and a far-left Congress. Nancy Pelosi to date has shown absolutely no willingness to bring America or Congress together. Neither has Harry Reid. Why should Obama be any different? He is cut from the very same cloth, if not more so.

The people of the United States have for the most part been bamboozled by a complicit fourth estate who looked the other way at every turn, instead of doing their job and hounding this "new face" in the same way they hounded Bush/Cheney for the last eight years. Was it too much to ask that they do their job?

As I looked into the dreamy-eyed faces of women and men staring up at their new savior tonight, I couldn't help but think to myself, "You poor saps. You have no idea what you've just done."

I was wrong when I said many moons ago that Obama had no shot. I was wrong in my thinking that McCain might pull out a victory at the last moment.

I hope I'm wrong again in my opinion of Obama and what this far-left machine might bestow upon the United States, governing from a platform of REVENGE rather than righteousness.

lamboguy
11-05-2008, 02:00 AM
under bush you got internet gambling acts, patriot acts, loss of liberties, and a total disruption of the financial system. the guy that just got elected will follow in his footsteps. never mind labeling these guys righties or lefties, they all fly to their own agenda's and don't care about the people they lead. that unfortunately is the very sad truth. i don't see anywhere under the body of laws that started this country to begin with where this is right. all these guys do is change the laws to fit their needs.
during the last 8 years bush managed to frustrate the people that he led. this landslide is the result of these missing years. people chose to associate mccain with this leadership, and forgoe the flaws of the newly elected president.

i hope like you that i am wrong.

the markets went up in anticipation of this guy getting elected from foreign country's investor's. they like this guy. and in the past they have been wrong, and probably wrong this time around as well.

god bless us all

dav4463
11-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Bill Clinton II ?.............more like Jimmy Carter II .

Lefty
11-05-2008, 02:43 AM
lambie, please tell me what liberties you lost.

Lefty
11-05-2008, 02:47 AM
Bill Clinton promised middle class tax cuts. They didn't materialize. When Obama was running for the illinois Senate he promised the State middle class tax cuts. Once he was elected he forgot about em and they didn't happen. Not gonna happen this time either. In that respect, they have elected Clinton 11.

lamboguy
11-05-2008, 03:11 AM
i lost the liberty of being able to travel between the united states and canada without a passport, i lost the liberty of being able to rent an apartment without a full background check of the person i am renting it to. i lost the liberty of being able to bet with offshore betting exchanges. i lost the liberty of being able to wire money to people overseas without an extensive report.
i lost the liberty of the government going in for a search warrant before they do the search. i lost the liberties of protecting myself against fraud. i lost the privacy of my phone calls and internet mail. i lost the liberty of owning a device that the government uses for cell phones to tap even when i am not connected to another party. as far as i know, all the above came to place under the patriot in order to combat possible terror acts.

dav4463
11-05-2008, 03:37 AM
If you are dead because of a terrorist attack then you will not have any liberties to lose.

Indulto
11-05-2008, 04:54 AM
... I truly believe America is not a left-leaning nation, yet it has elected a far-left President and a far-left Congress. Nancy Pelosi to date has shown absolutely no willingness to bring America or Congress together. Neither has Harry Reid. Why should Obama be any different? He is cut from the very same cloth, if not more so.Obama might have agreed to support Hilary for majority leader.The people of the United States have for the most part been bamboozled by a complicit fourth estate who looked the other way at every turn, instead of doing their job and hounding this "new face" in the same way they hounded Bush/Cheney for the last eight years. Was it too much to ask that they do their job?Bush and Cheney were hounded by the press as government officials suspected of not doing their jobs properely, not as candidates.As I looked into the dreamy-eyed faces of women and men staring up at their new savior tonight, I couldn't help but think to myself, "You poor saps. You have no idea what you've just done."That statement was more elitest than any other I've read on this board. As I read some of the stuff from you, Tom, and JR I sometimes think to myself, "Were they ever capable of evaluating opposing political views on their merits or do they always attack, mock, dismiss, distort, and demean because those are the only tools that are ever effective for right-recliners?" I suspect it was a tremendous blow to the three of you that Obama won despite not lashing out the way you guys and some of his other detractors and opponents did. I don't take any joy from that, just disappointment that I won't be able to read 46's and a8's comments on the results.I was wrong when I said many moons ago that Obama had no shot. I was wrong in my thinking that McCain might pull out a victory at the last moment.

I hope I'm wrong again in my opinion of Obama and what this far-left machine might bestow upon the United States, governing from a platform of REVENGE rather than righteousness.Considering what the Bush administration, Gingrich, Delay, and Frist did to the American people, I can understand your concern with revenge and I don't doubt that Hilary would have exacted some. With Obama I'm betting we get some of Bill Clinton's strengths without many of his weaknesses.

Obama is definitely liberal, but closer to the center than the far left. I believe he will help people that need help to survive, but not those taking advantage or reaching beyond their ability to repay. We shall see, and many of us who voted for him will be watching him as closely as those who didn't.

LottaKash
11-05-2008, 05:21 AM
I believe "ALL" the political parties are in cahoots with each other...I see no difference, no not one bit....This has been true for a very long time, but these days it is the worst that these 63yrs have ever seen...

Satan is running the show now and he is at the top of his game presently, and for those that cannot see this truth, welll, you might be seing things with your "eyes wide shut"......The real immutable truth is available, pray that you may find it and it will be revealed to you....How do I know this ?...Try it for yourself..

best,

phatbastard
11-05-2008, 06:03 AM
quit whining and concentrate on making your lot in life better and maybe try helping some others along the way instead being selfish babies

the path we were on wasn't working, so a least try something else and you might get a surprise

hcap
11-05-2008, 06:35 AM
Satan is running the show now and he is at the top of his game presentlyCan the anti-Christ crap and speak issues.

Indulto, you are exactly right.....
That statement was more elitest than any other I've read on this board. As I read some of the stuff from you, Tom, and JR I sometimes think to myself, "Were they ever capable of evaluating opposing political views on their merits or do they always attack, mock, dismiss, distort, and demean because those are the only tools that are ever effective for right-recliners?" I suspect it was a tremendous blow to the three of you that Obama won
But there will be no end to their attacks. Expect them to regroup, under General Limbaugh, Colonel Hannity and Minister of Propaganda Bill O'Liely.

Tom
11-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Such a bitter creature you are. :D

hcap
11-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Such a bitter creature you are. :D :lol: :lol: :D :cool: :jump: X :10: Your the one bitching about rabble rampaging in the streets and the end of civilization as we know it.

jonnielu
11-05-2008, 08:03 AM
under bush you got internet gambling acts, patriot acts, loss of liberties, and a total disruption of the financial system. the guy that just got elected will follow in his footsteps. never mind labeling these guys righties or lefties, they all fly to their own agenda's and don't care about the people they lead. that unfortunately is the very sad truth. i don't see anywhere under the body of laws that started this country to begin with where this is right. all these guys do is change the laws to fit their needs.
during the last 8 years bush managed to frustrate the people that he led. this landslide is the result of these missing years. people chose to associate mccain with this leadership, and forgoe the flaws of the newly elected president.

i hope like you that i am wrong.

the markets went up in anticipation of this guy getting elected from foreign country's investor's. they like this guy. and in the past they have been wrong, and probably wrong this time around as well.

god bless us all

In 1868, the American people were divided permanantly with a device that allowed the federal government to do a complete end run around the Constitution. Now, there could be citizens that government could literally "own". That most devisive device is the 14th amendment to their Constitution.

Read it, read its history, understand it, and you understand what it has accomplished in 2008.

In 1913, the federal government made a deal with the world bank so that it could obtain unlimited financing without the authority of those citizens that still sat as the authors of the Constitution.

So much for the idea instilled by the 56.

Banks could now borrow money into existence, and government could now raise all of the money it wanted, to buy all of the votes it needed, by pledging those citizens that it already owned. The federal reserve act of 1913 allowed the government to borrow whatever it needed in order to buy those citizens that it did not already own.

In 1929, America was financially broken. It's divided citizenry, together hired a fellow to fix it, he spent the rest of his life, laying the ground work that would operate effectively in decades to come to completely nullify the Peoples Constitution. The federal government would now take from those that it didn't own, and reward those that it did. Until it could effectively own all.

The last American president that attempted to alert the people, in earnest. Was killed in brutal fashion in front of everyone, for all to see. Since then, none has made any great attempts to pick up that agenda, or any other that might cause the people to realize that they have been divided, and bought.

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
Thomas Jefferson

I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff136404.html)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff136410.html)

I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff157208.html)

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff136269.html)

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff169586.html)

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." (http://www.quoteworld.org/quotes/12166)

TJ

Your authority only lies dormant, and placed in the hands of the tyrant that you hope will reward you. History shows that slavery is the only reward for the abdication of responsibility.

Take back your authority, you will find that it extends well beyond the power to elect tyrants.

jdl

jonnielu
11-05-2008, 08:11 AM
......The real immutable truth is available, pray that you may find it and it will be revealed to you....How do I know this ?...Try it for yourself..

best,

I know of nothing else that is so well hidden in plain sight, then the immutable truth that you speak of.

The problem is that so many believe that they have something to lose.

jdl

ArlJim78
11-05-2008, 08:37 AM
quit whining and concentrate on making your lot in life better and maybe try helping some others along the way instead being selfish babies

the path we were on wasn't working, so a least try something else and you might get a surprise
I can guarantee there will be a big surprise, at least for some.

hcap
11-05-2008, 08:41 AM
I can guarantee there will be a big surprise, at least for some.How is LAST nights surprise working out for you Kingy?
BTW, what happened to your "King Of Comedy" avatar? Biden winning I guess is not funny anymore. Should I stop calling you Kingy?

DanG
11-05-2008, 08:49 AM
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
Thomas Jefferson

I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff136404.html)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff136410.html)

I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff157208.html)

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff136269.html)

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff169586.html)

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." (http://www.quoteworld.org/quotes/12166)

TJ

Your authority only lies dormant, and placed in the hands of the tyrant that you hope will reward you. History shows that slavery is the only reward for the abdication of responsibility.

Take back your authority, you will find that it extends well beyond the power to elect tyrants. jdl
I could read Jefferson quotes for a year straight…Just brilliant and thanks ‘JDL for the reminders of our founder’s vision. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

To those lashing out at who voted this party into office; you have only yourselves to blame if you’re a GOP member. Most people I know who voted Democrat were throwing a right hook at the previous administration far more then endorsing the Democrats.

This is step one for those of us who believe BOTH parties have driven off the road into a massive intrusive government, rampant ear-mark spending and reckless fiscal policies. (That is as politically correct and gentle as I can put it)

Lash out at the "opposition" (We are all still Amercians...right?) if you must; but looking in the mirror while reading our founding fathers vision will be the most productive use of our precious time imo.

lamboguy
11-05-2008, 09:17 AM
dick army said it best today, the administration we have had for the past 8 years was as far from conservetism as you could get, everyday was haloween for george bush. the american people chose to elect a leader that they knew that is far left of center and have the real thing, instead of bush who was just a pretender. in my mind, this obama is nothing short of a continuation play from bush, i can't separate the 2 of them. obama does nothing but guarantee what we had for the last 8 years, no change in that man.

betchatoo
11-05-2008, 09:28 AM
If so, they're in for one helluva bout of buyer's remorse.

The most non vetted, most liberal, most secretive candidate in modern history coupled with the most liberal Congress in modern history spells some super freaky fun times ahead for the U.S. of A.

The people of the United States have for the most part been bamboozled by a complicit fourth estate who looked the other way at every turn, instead of doing their job and hounding this "new face" in the same way they hounded Bush/Cheney for the last eight years. Was it too much to ask that they do their job?

As I looked into the dreamy-eyed faces of women and men staring up at their new savior tonight, I couldn't help but think to myself, "You poor saps. You have no idea what you've just done."

I was wrong when I said many moons ago that Obama had no shot. I was wrong in my thinking that McCain might pull out a victory at the last moment.

I hope I'm wrong again in my opinion of Obama and what this far-left machine might bestow upon the United States, governing from a platform of REVENGE rather than righteousness.

Greetings from Las Vegas. I have to agree that this was among the most elitist posts ever on this site. For 8 years you've been telling us the American people made their choice and it was right and we needed to live with it. Who are you now to suddenly say that the people are fools (poor saps) for voting their beliefs? Every American should rejoice that this election brought out millions of new voters who actually cared about the outcome. Or do you believe we should only give the vote to property owners.

As for Obama being vetted; he has been running for two and a half years and nobody's come out with anything stronger than he has a reverend who condemned America. I think he made a lousy choice of churches, but if I were responsible for everything the people I know (and even the ones I like) said, I'd feel awful about myself. I don't need to agree with them. And even if you believe that the press has done a lousy job of following up on Obama's past (and I don't. A good reporter would throw his mother under a bus to get a great story) you've got to realize that if there was something major to get, the Clintons and/or the republicans would have found it. They found the swift boat story (in some book of fairy tales.)

For eight years we have lived under a president who has treated the constitution that he was sworn to uphold, as a suggestion. He did more signing statements (talking about laws he wasn't going to obey or enforce) than all the preceding presidents combined and he strengthened the executive branch to a point where we had nearly had a one branch government. The last you may come to regret under a democratic president. If so, you have only yourself to blame for encouraging the actions of the current administration.

I have met Obama and like him. I think he is going to be an excellent president. but, if not, he can't screw up this country any worse than the person who currently holds office. I wish him, you and everybody in this country a great next 4 years.

jognlope
11-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Even though I cannot for some reason stand to even look at him or hear his voice, I do wish him well and will pray for his success. He seems very intelligent and seems to care for the middle class and health insurance. But there probably won't be any health insurance; they'll just leave it to states.

boxcar
11-05-2008, 01:05 PM
I know of nothing else that is so well hidden in plain sight, then the immutable truth that you speak of.

The problem is that so many believe that they have something to lose.

jdl

The truth of the matter is they do have "something to lose". They must lose (die to) themselves. But the loss pales by comparison to the inestimable value of what they gain in return. I am reminded of this kingdom parable:

Matt 13:44
44 "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field.
NASB

Boxcar

boxcar
11-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Even though I cannot for some reason stand to even look at him or hear his voice, I do wish him well and will pray for his success. He seems very intelligent and seems to care for the middle class and health insurance. But there probably won't be any health insurance; they'll just leave it to states.

Amen! I echo your gracious sentiments. I don't think you'll find very many mindless "I hate Obama" types on this forum during his term, as has been the case with the Libs with Bush for the last 8 years.

Boxcar

JustRalph
11-05-2008, 01:27 PM
betchatoo:
Greetings from Las Vegas. I have to agree that this was among the most elitist posts ever on this site. For 8 years you've been telling us the American people made their choice and it was right and we needed to live with it. Who are you now to suddenly say that the people are fools (poor saps) for voting their beliefs? Every American should rejoice that this election brought out millions of new voters who actually cared about the outcome. Or do you believe we should only give the vote to property owners.

Justralph
There is a difference this time. We have seen countless cases of individuals who have blatantly made it clear that they voted for this individual due to his race. Nothing else? If that occurred on the other side, we would be called racists bastards by the entire world.

betchatoo:
As for Obama being vetted; he has been running for two and a half years and nobody's come out with anything stronger than he has a reverend who condemned America. I think he made a lousy choice of churches, but if I were responsible for everything the people I know (and even the ones I like) said, I'd feel awful about myself. I don't need to agree with them. And even if you believe that the press has done a lousy job of following up on Obama's past (and I don't. A good reporter would throw his mother under a bus to get a great story) you've got to realize that if there was something major to get, the Clintons and/or the republicans would have found it. They found the swift boat story (in some book of fairy tales.)

Justralph
You are kidding right? Obama could not pass the background check to be a capitol hill police officer? Are you aware of that? Now he gets every secret this country has and the keys to the castle...........

betchatoo:
I have met Obama and like him. I think he is going to be an excellent president. but, if not, he can't screw up this country any worse than the person who currently holds office. I wish him, you and everybody in this country a great next 4 years.

Justralph
So, you are one of those doe eyed people huh? :lol: Seriously, you don't think it can get worse? Were you alive during Jimmy Carter? Get real. It can get much worse.

Btw, PA, Great Post!!!

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2008, 02:15 PM
For 8 years you've been telling us the American people made their choice and it was right and we needed to live with it. Who are you now to suddenly say that the people are fools (poor saps) for voting their beliefs?For the record I haven't been saying any such thing for 8 years. I may have said it once in 2000 and once in 2004, but that's about it.

What I have done is offer a forum where ALL VIEWS are allowed and ENCOURAGED to be expressed. Including my own. As long as people kept within the rules of the board, they could spout their hatred of Republicans all day long, and I gave them every opportunity to do so....

I would hope you continue to extend my right to express my views as I see fit.

Every American should rejoice that this election brought out millions of new voters who actually cared about the outcome. Or do you believe we should only give the vote to property owners.Totally different subject.

As for Obama being vetted; he has been running for two and a half years and nobody's come out with anything stronger than he has a reverend who condemned America.This statement of yours is a perfect example of how lax the media actually was. I have nothing more to add.

I have met Obama and like him. I think he is going to be an excellent president. but, if not, he can't screw up this country any worse than the person who currently holds office.I disagree.

I wish him, you and everybody in this country a great next 4 years.As do I.

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I have to agree that this was among the most elitist posts ever on this site.It's elitist to want all candidates in a presidential race to be equally exposed by the media? It's elitist to want the people to have all the knowledge possible about whom they are about to vote?

It's elitist to expect equal treatment?

Come on man...I'm no elitist. Unless elitist is the new realist.

delayjf
11-05-2008, 02:26 PM
That statement was more elitest than any other I've read on this board. As I read some of the stuff from you, Tom, and JR I sometimes think to myself, "Were they ever capable of evaluating opposing political views on their merits or do they always attack, mock, dismiss, distort, and demean because those are the only tools that are ever effective for right-recliners?"

In so far as his comments were directed at Obama's speech last night, I would agree. There were no issues from that speech to discuss. It was more of a sermon and a good one at that, I like the story about the changes that the 106 year old woman in Atlanta.

Obama's election is indeed historic and I don't hold anything against blacks in the country for voting for him - even if they voted for him just because he is black. Given the history of Blacks in this country, I understand why it would mean so much to them. BUT, that crowd and the reaction of some of the people in it was over the top. I'm curious as to exactly what it is they think he will do for them. If like the black girl on youtube, they think he will pay for his gas and mortgage, they are sadly mistaken.

Indulto
11-05-2008, 02:30 PM
...You are kidding right? Obama could not pass the background check to be a capitol hill police officer? Are you aware of that? Now he gets every secret this country has and the keys to the castle...........If true, that process needs to be reviewed right away. ;)

Castle on Capitol Hill? Hmmmmm. Where did Bush get the money?

Indulto
11-05-2008, 02:40 PM
... What I have done is offer a forum where ALL VIEWS are allowed and ENCOURAGED to be expressed. Including my own. As long as people kept within the rules of the board, they could spout their hatred of Republicans all day long, and I gave them every opportunity to do so....

I would hope you continue to extend my right to express my views as I see fit. ...Agreed. There's no place like this place anywhere in cyberspace. PACE IS THE PLACE! (now picture Suzanne Somers driving away in her '56 T-Bird. ;))

Indulto
11-05-2008, 02:53 PM
...I don't hold anything against blacks in the country for voting for him - even if they voted for him just because he is black. Given the history of Blacks in this country, I understand why it would mean so much to them. BUT, that crowd and the reaction of some of the people in it was over the top. I'm curious as to exactly what it is they think he will do for them. If like the black girl on youtube, they think he will pay for his gas and mortgage, they are sadly mistaken.I had the same reaction watching the video shots and listening to the interviews at the McCain gathering in Orange County, CA. Some of those folks thought it was the end of the earth.

I didn't vote for Obama because he was black, but I'm glad that barrier is behind us. I had plenty of other reasons to vote for Obama/Biden and even more to vote against McCain/Palin. I'm sure most African-Americans did too. And don't forget that blacks didn't start voting for Obama over Clinton until after Iowa when they saw that whites would vote for him too.

highnote
11-05-2008, 03:50 PM
dick army said it best today, the administration we have had for the past 8 years was as far from conservetism as you could get, everyday was haloween for george bush. the american people chose to elect a leader that they knew that is far left of center and have the real thing, instead of bush who was just a pretender. in my mind, this obama is nothing short of a continuation play from bush, i can't separate the 2 of them. obama does nothing but guarantee what we had for the last 8 years, no change in that man.

You mean George Bush is a socialist or maybe even a communist? YIKES!!

OTM Al
11-05-2008, 03:51 PM

I love these terms that were thrown around about Mr. Obama. They are no more than opinions. By what scale is he the "most" about anything? These were words of fear used by the Republican machine this year and America showed they were sick of this sort of thing

When Bush won reelection in 2004, the overnight futures market shot up. This was a combination of a close race and an uncertain outcome. When Obama clinched, the markets basically yawned. The S&P futures right now are basically right where they were when regular trading stopped at 4:00pm Tuesday.

Contained within the plunge from 14,000 down to 8,000 on the DOW is the "pricing-in" of an Obama victory. Clearly, the market thinks what it thinks of this president-elect. You can interpret this drop as you please, and figure in the "Obama factor" as whatever percentage you see fit..

This is generally a result of the fact that people think Republicans will favor big business more than Democrats will and allow them to run with more free reign. I agree a small part of the drop was due to a Democratic victory, but not terribly significant when compared with the other forces in play. Don't think there was a whole lot of faith in Mr. McCain's economic policies anyway.

I truly believe America is not a left-leaning nation, yet it has elected a far-left President and a far-left Congress. Nancy Pelosi to date has shown absolutely no willingness to bring America or Congress together. Neither has Harry Reid. Why should Obama be any different? He is cut from the very same cloth, if not more so.

No, its elected a very moderate president as it always does. No extreme leaning candidate can ever win that office while only 2 parties exist. This is a fairly conservative country as most things go, though I guess the farther you lean right, the more leftist a centrist policy looks.

The people of the United States have for the most part been bamboozled by a complicit fourth estate who looked the other way at every turn, instead of doing their job and hounding this "new face" in the same way they hounded Bush/Cheney for the last eight years. Was it too much to ask that they do their job?.

There are some pretty dumb people out there to be sure, but by and large the people of this country as a whole aren't so stupid as you give them credit for. And I agree with the comment from our newly married brother that had a real reporter found anything of a story, it would have been printed so fast it would make your head spin. I feel there was a major change in the press after Woodward and Berstein proved a newspaper could destroy a presidency. These guys dream of a story like that and they would have took down Obama if they could.

Yes we get it, you hate him that much. I personally got that feeling when I watched and listened to people mooning over Ms. Palin, but fortunately we will have a few years off from that, though I'm sure unless she self destructs (50-50 chance in my book) she'll be back.

Though I know they know very well what they did. They chose hope and being positive over fear and negativity. Will it work out that way? Maybe, maybe not, but at least we live in a place where such a choice is open to us. Its really a shame that Mr. McCain took the tone he did these last few months. He is a good man and could have been a very worthy President. I would have voted for that "straight talk" guy from a few years back, but he sadly went away. To me he was the genuine representation of what America is about on that ticket, not his running mate, who completely sealed the deal for me as she did for many. She's certainly not dumb, but neither is she as smart as she thinks she is. Maybe if she does take that senate seat, she'll learn a thing or two and then all those out there that drooled at her every word will have something to hope for next time around.

Three words. Iowa Electronic Market. More accurate than any poll and almost never wrong.

You are wrong. First, its a very centrist president and besides, when one party has had control of the government, usually nothing gets done. I don't think Obama is big on the revenge thing either. He could have dumped a lot of mud in the last 2 years of campaigning, but generally refrained. He's well known as someone that listens and tries to find a common ground for people to work together. I figure he'll try that and I also figure that the actions of many self interested pols out there are going to let him down.

Have faith though. Given the sorry state of the economy and what's still coming in the pipeline, I really doubt either of the 2 candidates would have been able to win a second term. Pretty much would need to pull off an economic miracle to get that done, but then if he could do it, one would think he would deserve a second term.

Personally I'm glad its over. Two years of this stuff was way too much and you have to figure that will just keep getting longer. I will remain hopeful, but I'm sure I will be disappointed in the end, but that's nothing new with these fellows. I'm also fairly sure it won't completely die down around these parts for some time. I'm getting used to Tom using some form of the word "lie" at least once in every sentence and the religious quoters trying to use the words of God against Mr. Obama.

Secretariat
11-05-2008, 04:43 PM

Contained within the plunge from 14,000 down to 8,000 on the DOW is the "pricing-in" of an Obama victory. Clearly, the market thinks what it thinks of this president-elect. You can interpret this drop as you please, and figure in the "Obama factor" as whatever percentage you see fit.

It is just so sad that you actually beleive the DOW has "priced-in" the Obama victory with this drop.

PA, I've got news for you. THe fundamentals of the economy are not strong. As a matter of fact in September when the Dow took it's big tumble, McCain actually led in the polls.

I can understand your pain at having your candidate lose the election. I've been there.

But the people have spoken and in a decisive way. They do not want more of the same. They've had enough. Maybe Obama won't be any better than Bush or the Republican party, but honestly, could he do any worse. I seriously doubt it. GW's approval rating was the lowest of any President since poltical polling began. No way McCain could win with that albatross on his neck.

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2008, 04:50 PM
It is just so sad that you actually beleive the DOW has "priced-in" the Obama victory with this drop.Make no mistake, I am not saying the drop is solely due to Obama's favoritism over these past months. But, a COMPONENT of the drop definitely reflects the realities of an Obama administration and a Democrat-controlled Congress over the next 6-12 months.

Today's action only serves to reinforce that belief.

boxcar
11-05-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm getting used to Tom using some form of the word "lie" at least once in every sentence and the religious quoters trying to use the words of God against Mr. Obama.

Huh? You actually believe God spoke/revealed his words to someone!? See, there are such things as miracles! :jump: :jump:

Boxcar

hcap
11-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Huh? You actually believe God spoke/revealed his words to someone!? See, there are such things as miracles! :jump: :jump:

BoxcarEven the devil can quote scripture box. The fact is a silly cadre of fundamentalists here claim to know God's mind. And how it applies to politics. Talk about pride before the fall. You and a few others wrap yourselves in sanctimonious bible babble, and fantasize you are somehow doing Gods work in the political realm. Preaching selfishness is suspect. Feigning humility is crap.

wonatthewire1
11-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Make no mistake, I am not saying the drop is solely due to Obama's favoritism over these past months. But, a COMPONENT of the drop definitely reflects the realities of an Obama administration and a Democrat-controlled Congress over the next 6-12 months.

So what has changed, in your mind-view, from September - around Labor Day?

lamboguy
11-05-2008, 06:21 PM
instead of betting on the markets, you should take up united states presidential election betting. i took it up, i got cleaned out, maybe you will do better than me with your knowledge.

sammy the sage
11-05-2008, 06:27 PM
^^^^^

imagine that :lol: :D

witchdoctor
11-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Even the devil can quote scripture box. The fact is a silly cadre of fundamentalists here claim to know God's mind. And how it applies to politics. Talk about pride before the fall. You and a few others wrap yourselves in sanctimonious bible babble, and fantasize you are somehow doing Gods work in the political realm. Preaching selfishness is suspect. Feigning humility is crap.
OMG, I finally agree with Hcp. :eek: :eek:

Personally, I don't think either political party has any idea how to fix the economy long term. Unfortunately we have politicians lead us and not statesmen. As James Freeman Clarke said "A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation."

Back to Hcp and the Bible. In 2 Chronicles 7:14, it says "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." I feel we are going to be humbled. (I think this would come about even if the Republicans won.)

The politicians will do what they think will get them reelected but as the Psalmist says "Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain."

We as Christians(me included)have lost our way. We are called to be "salt and Light" to the world. Instead we have allowed politicians to define us and what we stand for(actually what we are against...abortion,evolution, gay marriage,etc.) As Bonnhoffer said "Whenever politicians start courting the Church, it is not for the benefit of the Church.

As a Christian I need to get back to spreading Jesus message which I think is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Tom
11-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Where does tihs fit in with the racist hate speech the proven liar HUSSEIN's mentor spews out in church? I don't claim to speak for God, but I suspect He
isn't to keen of little biggots pulling that. And I though your libs were all for seperation of church and state? :lol:

Preaching selfishness is suspect. Feigning humility is crap.

HUSKER55
11-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Our minister brought up an interessting point last sunday before the election. God always aligns himself against evil. What God does not do is explain the way he does it.

Hence, faith in God. Obama may or may not be right. McCain may or may not have been right. In the end those who are right and just will know christ and those who are not will be consumed.

I guess the end of his sermon said it best. (he repeats this often). God says ,Have all the fun you want, any way you want, say what you will and do what you will. Never forget that in the end MY WORDS REMAIN.

That means it is not up for debate.

Have a nice day

betchatoo
11-06-2008, 01:59 AM
betchatoo:

Justralph
There is a difference this time. We have seen countless cases of individuals who have blatantly made it clear that they voted for this individual due to his race. Nothing else? If that occurred on the other side, we would be called racists bastards by the entire world.

betchatoo:

Justralph
You are kidding right? Obama could not pass the background check to be a capitol hill police officer? Are you aware of that? Now he gets every secret this country has and the keys to the castle...........

betchatoo:

Justralph
So, you are one of those doe eyed people huh? :lol: Seriously, you don't think it can get worse? Were you alive during Jimmy Carter? Get real. It can get much worse.

Btw, PA, Great Post!!!

JR

I was alive during Carter and I still found the Bush administration to be wanting. This man treated the constitution like so much toilet paper. His arrogance has us in a war that we are excited not to be losing (the words, "the surge is working," make me sad. We have just reached a point where we could have been 4 years ago if he had any kind of sound strategy originally) and so far in debt we may never see the light of day. I respect your right to think differently, but I believe George Bush is the worst president in my 61 years of life

betchatoo
11-06-2008, 02:09 AM
For the record I haven't been saying any such thing for 8 years. I may have said it once in 2000 and once in 2004, but that's about it.

What I have done is offer a forum where ALL VIEWS are allowed and ENCOURAGED to be expressed. Including my own. As long as people kept within the rules of the board, they could spout their hatred of Republicans all day long, and I gave them every opportunity to do so....

I would hope you continue to extend my right to express my views as I see fit.

Totally different subject.

This statement of yours is a perfect example of how lax the media actually was. I have nothing more to add.

I disagree.

As do I.

I think I've stayed well within the rules over the several years I've been on PA. I certainly respect your right (and especially yours since it is your site) to say anything you please but I guarantee I won't always agree and I will express my opinion if I strongly disagree. The one thing I will promise is that over the next 4 years if someone disagrees with the administration, I will NOT call them anti-patriotic (unless they say something treasonous) and I will not suggest they leave the country (both of these have happened to me here for disagreeing with the current administration.) I believe an active dissent is what keeps this country strong.

And I agree, PA is a great forum for saying what's on your mind.

ddog
11-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Our minister brought up an interessting point last sunday before the election. God always aligns himself against evil. What God does not do is explain the way he does it.

Hence, faith in God. Obama may or may not be right. McCain may or may not have been right. In the end those who are right and just will know christ and those who are not will be consumed.

I guess the end of his sermon said it best. (he repeats this often). God says ,Have all the fun you want, any way you want, say what you will and do what you will. Never forget that in the end MY WORDS REMAIN.

That means it is not up for debate.

Have a nice day

leave that church.

Marshall Bennett
11-06-2008, 10:41 AM
You're implying that he's ignorant & misinformed as well ?

Tom
11-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Betcha, no one called anyone unpatriotic for policy disagreements ( fools, morons, yes) . But I called them TRAITORS when they dis our troops, call them murders and refuse to take it back when proven wrong. When the Senate jerk calls them losers, when the Speaker of the house goes to a terrorist sponsoring nations and bows to them. Yup, I call them traitors, and IMHO all three should be tried as traitors.

Marshall Bennett
11-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Sorry Tom , my post was in regards to ddog's reply to husker , not the pastor of the church . A bit of sarcasm spilled over from another thread.

Tom
11-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I knew..I was replying to Betcha..

NoDayJob
11-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Hoovervilles in the 1930's. Be prepared for Obamavilles in the near future. Funny how politics sorta evens things out. :lol:

Secretariat
11-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Make no mistake, I am not saying the drop is solely due to Obama's favoritism over these past months. But, a COMPONENT of the drop definitely reflects the realities of an Obama administration and a Democrat-controlled Congress over the next 6-12 months.

Obama's favoritism? Uh- McCain was up in September right before the Lehman Brothers crash. (One could say as soon as McCain got the lead the market began to crash.) McCain's statement "The fundamentals of the economy are strong" probably lost him the election on the day of the crash. That week he was slightly ahead in the polls.

Now using your argument of the market "pricing in" for an Obama administration. I didn't hear you using that argument in 2000 when we were in a recession right before the election. Using your logic, are you saying the recession at the end of the Clinton adminstration was caused by the election of GW Bush and the market just pricing in the his coming administration.

So you're saying we can blame the late Clinton recession on Bush's election? After all the stock market was pricing in the COMPONENT of Bush possibly winning the election and just went into freefall.

OK, got it.

Marshall Bennett
11-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I knew..I was replying to Betcha..
:bang: Gotcha ...

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Obama's favoritism? Uh- McCain was up in September right before the Lehman Brothers crash. (One could say as soon as McCain got the lead the market began to crash.) McCain's statement "The fundamentals of the economy are strong" probably lost him the election on the day of the crash. That week he was slightly ahead in the polls.Come on...McCain was ahead in the polls for like two seconds....but you're right though, whenever McCain would surge in the polls, the market would rally...look it up...

Now using your argument of the market "pricing in" for an Obama administration. I didn't hear you using that argument in 2000 when we were in a recession right before the election. Using your logic, are you saying the recession at the end of the Clinton adminstration was caused by the election of GW Bush and the market just pricing in the his coming administration.The reason you didn't hear from me in 2000 was because I wasn't following the markets in 2000.

Tom
11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Hoovervilles in the 1930's. Be prepared for Obamavilles in the near future. Funny how politics sorta evens things out. :lol:

Not Obamvilles, Obama Barracks! :lol:

NoDayJob
11-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Not Obamvilles, Obama Barracks! :lol:

Obama Bed rolls is more like it--- :D

sammy the sage
11-07-2008, 07:14 AM
"""Using your logic, are you saying the recession at the end of the Clinton adminstration was caused by the election of GW Bush and the market just pricing in the his coming administration.""

""The reason you didn't hear from me in 2000 was because I wasn't following the markets in 2000.""

So P.A...that's a REAL answer.... :lol: :D

Lefty
11-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Funny how the head Chicom(Communist China, dont'cha know)said something like, and i paraphrase that the Rich Countries of the world will have to give up their lavish lifestyles and do more to help the poor countries.

Wow, Obama said much the same thing during the campaign.

Peggy the moocher yelled she would no longer have to worry about putting gas in her car or paying her mortgage.

That seems to be the prevalent attitude that elected Obama.

GW Bush kept this counry safe for all these yrs after 9-11. This is diectly due to his policies that a lot of you whine about. Tax cuts kept the countries economics going strong during this time.
I want to thank Pres Bush for being a great President.

The media elected Obama by dumping on Bush during his whole term, blaming him for everything, reporting every bad thing about the war and reporting nothing when good things started to happen. Had a Dem been Pres and did what Bush did(they wouldn't, no guts)they would have heralded the fact that millions of people in 2 countries have been freed from tyranny.
When stock Mkt hit 11,000 under Bush, it was nothing according to the media, and those were rich people anyway. BUT when Stock Mkt hit 9,000 under Clinton(thanks mainly to Knute and Repub congress)it was a thing to behold according to the media and praise was heaped on Clinton.
Instead of properly investigating Obama's connections to Rev Wright, Farrakahn, Aires and Dorn, Tony Resko and Acorn they investigated a private citizen, Joe the plumber !And they sent over thirty reporters to Alaska to dig up dirt on Palin.
We have a Pravda type media.
You thght Bush abrogated your freedoms? You ain't seen nuthin yet.