PDA

View Full Version : First Obama Promise to Go

Boris
11-04-2008, 10:18 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/29/eveningnews/realitycheck/main4557520.shtml

That link will take you to a CBS Reality Check story about the cost of Obama's Campaign Pledges. And since Katie Couric works there, you know its fair and balanced. First paragraph:

Without question, the Barack Obama infomercial served as a very slick and powerful recitation of the biggest promises he's made as a presidential candidate. But the very bigness of his ideas is the problem: he seems blind to the concept his numbers don't add up.

Last paragraph:

If he closes every loophole as promised, saves every dime from Iraq, raises taxes on the rich and trims the federal budget as he's promised to do "line by line," he still doesn't pay for his list. If he's elected, the first fact hitting his desk will be the figure projecting how much less of a budget he has to work with - thanks to the recession. He gave us a very compelling vision with his ad buy tonight. What he did not give us was any hint of the cold reality he's facing or a sense of how he might prioritize his promises if voters trust him with the White House.

In between, a crap load of spending promises depending on who he is talking to. As the story states, it ain't gonna happen. Something has to go, maybe even several somethings. My bet, Obama does a Clinton and just can't find a way to give that tax cut to all 95% of the middle class. Only the ones that need it the most. Those 40% that actually pay no income tax, but still pay payroll taxes. (As if those payroll taxes are not really for Medicare and Soc Security.)

Your guess?

ArlJim78
11-04-2008, 10:31 PM
this presidency is going to make Carter look like FDR or Reagan

ElKabong
11-04-2008, 11:37 PM
I see a great opportunity for the GOP to become what it was in 1994. A lyingsack is headed to the WH and people will soon see him for what he is ("Hey, old GWB wasn't all that bad afterall when we compare him to this asclown that raised my utilities. food bill and gas bill"). It's upon them to (1) find a leader like Gingrich was (2) draft and execute a plan that's best for America.

Tom
11-04-2008, 11:56 PM
I do agree it is time to bring all our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan, Korea, wherever they are. It is a disgrace to have our brave men and women serve this POS. Obama, Pelsoi, Reid - the old Soviet Troika lives again.

prospector
11-05-2008, 08:31 AM
I do agree it is time to bring all our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan, Korea, wherever they are. It is a disgrace to have our brave men and women serve this POS. Obama, Pelsoi, Reid - the old Soviet Troika lives again.
agreed, bring the troops home and have them guard congress..keep them outta the building..

The Judge
11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
A trip of a 10,000 miles begins with the first step. To get to a goal we must begin. Some of you have already given up on our new president and he hasn't served a day.

witchdoctor
11-05-2008, 10:48 AM
this presidency is going to make Carter look like FDR or Reagan
While I am afraid this this going to be true. We may even look back to the good old days when George W was President (even those he was the republican version of Carter).

I HOPE I AM WRONG.

boxcar
11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
A trip of a 10,000 miles begins with the first step. To get to a goal we must begin. Some of you have already given up on our new president and he hasn't served a day.

It's not a question of "giving up". This guy has been all sizzle and no substance from the git go. He wouldn't even know which pair of sandals he'll strap on with which to take that first step -- or for that matter which foot to put before the other first. :rolleyes:

Boxcar