PDA

View Full Version : Election Scoreboard 10:00 PM

Suff
11-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Read this left to right.

or should I say "right to left":D:jump:

hcap
11-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Even Fox Noos is almost calling it for Obama.
Rove told Hume there is no path to 270 for McCain.

Bye bye repugs.

ArlJim78
11-04-2008, 10:27 PM
its been over for some time now. unbelievable what has happened to this country.

mostpost
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Awfully quiet over there on the right.

Boris
Creative Suff, and funny. Thanks for not making it burnt toast. Looks like Shays just went down, so you are having a good night. I think "filibuster" will still be an important word in high school civics classes. We might actually see senators reading the phonebook in the next two years.

hcap
11-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Creative Suff, and funny. Thanks for not making it burnt toast. Looks like Shays just went down, so you are having a good night. I think "filibuster" will still be an important word in high school civics classes. We might actually see senators reading the phonebook in the next two years.I think you gentlemen can pack your bags and leave town. The country has rejected your world view. Only here on PA off topic and other righty blogs can you gentlemen still believe you are the majority. Please realize now you gentlemen instead are a rapidly diminishing discredited minority that are really quite loud, and quite wrong.

JustRalph
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, that's funny. 3-4% isn't much of a minority.

I am so Glad it turned out this way.

I don't have to worry about putting gas in my car anymore. I don't have to worry about paying my mortgage. Thank God.......... Thank God Almighty!

bigmack
11-04-2008, 10:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Awfully quiet over there on the right.
You've used the wrong icon. :bang: Is more fitting as the collective want for the non-incumbent party is about to show the world what it's like to run into a brick wall.

Hold on to your lug nuts, we're in for a bumpy ride.

Suff
11-04-2008, 10:43 PM
its been over for some time now. unbelievable what has happened to this country.

Politicians come and go, only a few capture my attention.

I'm from Massachusetts and its in my blood that Democrats should control the wheel while republicans are the back seat drivers. I'm much more comfortable with the Democrats in charge.

Pelosi, Reid, Dick Durbin, Jesse Jackson, Barney Frank are circus freaks to me. I don't feel any sense of brotherhood with any of them. However as a person I believe Liberalism is the best course of Government and I'm overjoyed that Obama won.

I have never warmed up to Republicans, as a result I feel pleasure at your frustration.

Guess what... Tomorrow morning I still have to go to work. I still have a stack of bills on the table.

Boris
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I think you gentlemen can pack your bags and leave town. The country has rejected your world view. Only here on PA off topic and other righty blogs can you gentlemen still believe you are the majority. Please realize now you gentlemen instead are a rapidly diminishing discredited minority that are really quite loud, and quite wrong.

You beat our Mondale. You got a bunch of congressional rookies and people with single digit approval ratings. Try not to trip over your Johnson.

Rookies
11-04-2008, 11:04 PM
:)

Broke out the Veuve Clicquot !

Marshall Bennett
11-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Charles Gibson started crying on air , I knew he was biased towards Obama but thats rediculous . McCain ran a shitty campaign and deserved exactly what he got .

mostpost
11-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Very classy concession speach by John McCain.

boxcar
11-04-2008, 11:37 PM
I think you gentlemen can pack your bags and leave town. The country has rejected your world view. Only here on PA off topic and other righty blogs can you gentlemen still believe you are the majority. Please realize now you gentlemen instead are a rapidly diminishing discredited minority that are really quite loud, and quite wrong.

Loud, perhaps. Wrong? Not hardly! Study world history. Every major world empire starting with Assyria to Babylon to the Medes-Persians to the Greeks -- all the way to the Roman empire fell and they fell because of their moral depravity, which was the common thread that ran through them all. I believe your arrogance and belligerence will soon turn into weeping and gnashing of teeth because your "messiah" is a cheap, lying, conniving, two-bit fraud -- something that your blindness, ignorance, naivete and your materialism will not permit you to understand.

If you knew your bible 'cap, you would take no comfort in being part of the majority. Even your go-to-guy Jesus thought so.

Boxcar

Tom
11-04-2008, 11:38 PM
When do I get my Caddy? What colors are available?
Do I have to go work today? I don't do I?
Wait, I don't know the handshake....:eek:

ArlJim78
11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Politicians come and go, only a few capture my attention.

I'm from Massachusetts and its in my blood that Democrats should control the wheel while republicans are the back seat drivers. I'm much more comfortable with the Democrats in charge.

Pelosi, Reid, Dick Durbin, Jesse Jackson, Barney Frank are circus freaks to me. I don't feel any sense of brotherhood with any of them. However as a person I believe Liberalism is the best course of Government and I'm overjoyed that Obama won.

I have never warmed up to Republicans, as a result I feel pleasure at your frustration.

Guess what... Tomorrow morning I still have to go to work. I still have a stack of bills on the table.
I take pleasure in knowing in knowing how frustrated you are going to be with this president.

barn32
11-04-2008, 11:49 PM
your "messiah" is a cheap...

Cheap?:lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::bang:

mostpost
11-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Very classy concession speach by John McCain.
Sadly, we can't say the same for his supporters on this board

Tom
11-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Oh come off it.
Go back and read the crap by the Horsemen - they lowered bar here.
'smatter, your boy can't stand the heat.
Get used to it.

The Turd-elect gets all the respect he has earned. Did you know he is a proven liar? :lol:

rrpic6
11-05-2008, 12:23 AM
:) :) :) :) Finally! Bush/Cheney are in the rearview mirror. I look forward to the future of the USA! God Bless Obama and America! Congratulations to all that have spoken in historic numbers!

I can't wait to hear Limbaugh whine and cry for 4 years! He already acknowledged tax hikes of 4% to himself!!!!

RR

bigmack
11-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Charles Gibson started crying on air
Now that is rich. :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
11-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Keith Olbermann choked up too.........

he can take a vacation now.........he got his candidate elected.

pktruckdriver
11-05-2008, 12:47 AM
They bringing back Jive talking?

Oprah did this, I told you way back during Hillary's run, when Oprah spoke for Obama, it was over then, see how sad this country really is.

That woman has that much power, now Obama is the man.

I guess Congrats to Obama and Biden, any extra campaign money laying around, what do they do with that, hide it, or bury it out back?

Patrick

ElKabong
11-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh come off it.
Go back and read the crap by the Horsemen - they lowered bar here.
'smatter, your boy can't stand the heat.
Get used to it.

The Turd-elect gets all the respect he has earned. Did you know he is a proven liar? :lol:

GWB wasn't even in office in 2001 when the dems tried to steal his presidency.

In 2004 the dems simply had a plan to make everything wrong look like his fault. Bush asked to tighten regs on the s&l industry. Dems blocked such action....and here we are in the financial mess we're in. Yet "it;s all Bush's fault".

The minute 0bama gets in we need to pound him, hound him, make life a miserable hell for him. Remind him of his promises. All of them. "When will you deliver? Now? Tomorrow? Never?!" 0bama is a product of Chicago politics, he's no transformative figure. He doesn't keep his word. Hammer his ass, make him look like the liar he is.

Then make the move in 2010 and 2012 to get the power out his inexperienced, incompetent hands.

highnote
11-05-2008, 01:08 AM
The minute 0bama gets in we need to pound him, hound him, make life a miserable hell for him.

That's exactly what McCain said in his concession speak NOT to do.

Clinton got hounded for 8 years. Bush got hounded for 8 years. I don't see how undermining a president is in the best interest of the country.

Maybe it's time everyone tries to work together for the betterment of our country rather than for the betterment of their political party.

If not, I don't see much forward movement by our country in the next 4 years.

bigmack
11-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Maybe it's time everyone tries to work together for the betterment of our country rather than for the betterment of their political party.
Brace yourself. Political party will have a meaningful impact on your life as we speak/type.

I once dreamed that everyone loved everyone and the world was magical. Then I woke up.

ElKabong
11-05-2008, 01:42 AM

Clinton got hounded for 8 years. Bush got hounded for 8 years. I don't see how undermining a president is in the best interest of the country.

If not, I don't see much forward movement by our country in the next 4 years.

I had your sentiment in 2000 and 2004. Also had it in 1992 and 1996. I've been around long enough, with my eyes open, to know what drives politics in this country. It's not ideas. 0bama doesn't have any functional ideas, just promises he can't keep. It's not being a man of your word. 0bama broke his promise to Mccain on campaign funding. It's not about accomplishments. 0bama has accomplished less than anyone that's run for POTUS.

It's about who you ally yourself with & how you use them and how they use you. Ayres, Rezko, Jeremiah Wright, Rashid Khalidi and on and on. He's formed alliances that funded him to the top, and the alliances have provided him either a voter base (Wright) or intro'd him to influential people and wealthy backers that can move him (not the country) forward.

Rezko isn't going to prison because he was in tight with the Boy Scouts of America. He greased the palms of politicians and expected a return on his investments.

That's politics. If you think 0bama is something new or different, you're blind.

DeanT
11-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Holy crap, Ted Stevens is up by four.

Pretty wild night (betting, I did not vote of course. ACORN would not take me). You 'Mericans get skewered throughout the world for being some sorta racist rednecks. That always makes me laugh. You just voted in a guy that represents 13% of the population. Racist, shmacist.

And, from now on remind me not to trust the CBS/NY Times Poll. 13 points. Eghad, how bad are they? Was the question they asked "Who do you support for President, Barack Obama or the Antichrist?"

Indulto
11-05-2008, 02:00 AM

If not, I don't see much forward movement by our country in the next 4 years.Clinton wasn't hounded until his second term, and Bush wasn't until he invaded Iraq . Dems actually gave Bush support early on including the Iraq resolution. Hopefully Obama will get Rep support for as long as he doesn't actually makes a bad call.

I hope you're right about working together and that McCain's concession speech helps that come about. Certain groups would benefit regardless of who a winning Democrat would be, but I doubt the corrupt and undeserving would get more from an Obama administration than one headed by Hilary Clinton or John McCain.

PaceAdvantage
11-05-2008, 02:06 AM
Clinton wasn't hounded until his second term, and Bush wasn't until he invaded Iraq . Dems actually gave Bush support early on including the Iraq resolution. Hopefully Obama will get Rep support for as long as he doesn't actually makes a bad call.I disagree. The only thing that momentarily quelled the media storm for Bush was 9/11. Prior to September 11, Bush was media target #1 for "stealing" the election from Gore.

Indulto
11-05-2008, 02:09 AM
I disagree. The only thing that momentarily quelled the media storm for Bush was 9/11. Prior to September 11, Bush was media target #1 for "stealing" the election from Gore.You may be right about the media, but not the voters -- particulary independents.