PDA

View Full Version : For Palin Supporters

OTM Al
11-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I have what I think is an interesting question, primarily for those who are supporters of Ms. Palin, but certainly detractors can and should weigh in as well. Given the current problems with the Alaskan Senator Stevens and the likelihood he will have to leave office I wonder what you think about Ms. Palin giving up the governorship taking over his senate seat (provided of course the McCain-Palin ticket fails in its bid). This is a law of course in many states that the governor can take over a vacated senate seat if he or she so desires. My question is, do you think she should and why?

For my 2 cents, I think if she is serious about continuing in high level politics she should and I think it would be a good thing for all concerned. I believe we could see how she interacts on a much larger political stage than she presently has. This would give all a chance to really see what she is about. Lets face it, Alaska is very very small population-wise and much smaller than many cities in the lower 48 so to be honest I don't think it gives much a chance to cover more broad issues. She certainly was a political animal in that small pond, so I would be interested to see how she would handle being let loose in the ocean. My own opinion is that she wouldn't do well, but I also know that people can surprise. I think she is an awful candidate at the moment, but this kind of experience could make her a better one, or it could destroy her completely.

Tom
11-04-2008, 01:45 PM
No. Being a senator offers no practical experience for higher office.
She should appoint a solid conservative for the long term.

JustRalph
11-04-2008, 01:55 PM
I hope she does go into the Senate and raise hell......... :ThmbUp:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081104/D9480AK83.html

Report clears Palin in Alaska's Troopergate probe

Nov 4, 3:14 AM (ET)

By RACHEL D'ORO

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - This time, Gov. Sarah Palin can claim vindication against allegations that she abused her power in office by firing her public safety commissioner.

Palin - running mate of Republican presidential candidate John McCain - violated no ethics laws, according to a report released by the state personnel board on the eve of Election Day. An earlier, separate investigation by the Legislature found that Palin had abused her office.

"There is no probable cause to believe that the governor, or any other state official, violated the Alaska Executive Ethics Act in connection with these matters," the personnel board's report said.

"The Governor is grateful that this investigation has provided a fair and impartial review of this matter and upholds the Governor's ability to take measures when necessary to ensure that Alaskans have the best possible team working to serve them," her attorney, Thomas Van Flein, said in a statement after the report was released Monday.

ezrabrooks
11-04-2008, 02:01 PM
I hope she does go into the Senate and raise hell......... :ThmbUp:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081104/D9480AK83.html

Report clears Palin in Alaska's Troopergate probe

Nov 4, 3:14 AM (ET)

By RACHEL D'ORO

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - This time, Gov. Sarah Palin can claim vindication against allegations that she abused her power in office by firing her public safety commissioner.

Palin - running mate of Republican presidential candidate John McCain - violated no ethics laws, according to a report released by the state personnel board on the eve of Election Day. An earlier, separate investigation by the Legislature found that Palin had abused her office.

"There is no probable cause to believe that the governor, or any other state official, violated the Alaska Executive Ethics Act in connection with these matters," the personnel board's report said.

"The Governor is grateful that this investigation has provided a fair and impartial review of this matter and upholds the Governor's ability to take measures when necessary to ensure that Alaskans have the best possible team working to serve them," her attorney, Thomas Van Flein, said in a statement after the report was released Monday.

Ralph,

That little nugget made it to Page five of today's issue of our local leftist rag...

Ez

JustRalph
11-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Ralph,

That little nugget made it to Page five of today's issue of our local leftist rag...

Ez

The same paper probably had the other investigation on page one :lol:

Secretariat
11-04-2008, 04:31 PM
JR,

You do realize her Republican legislature found her guilty of abuse of power ethics violations. Palin's own self appointed Personnel Board found her not guilty. She appointed all the members. This would be like asking Alberto Gonzalez to investigate and find anything wrong with the Bush adminstration.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HUSKER55
11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Read the article from Associated Press. The board found her not guilty and even the accuser said it was circumstancial evidence. That means dumb liberal politics. Typical Obama crap.

Joke is on you.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
If Palin did serve 1 term in the Senate, and then ran for President in 2012, the left had better not contend she doesn't have enough experience and still consider themselves credible. (Obama, State Rep and 1 term Senate, vs Palin's AK Governorship and the theroretic Senate seat, as well as mayorship.)

prospector
11-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Ralph,

Ez
why do you buy, much less read, a leftist rag...dry up their funds till they come back to center or go away..

wonatthewire1
11-04-2008, 05:08 PM
I have what I think is an interesting question, primarily for those who are supporters of Ms. Palin, but certainly detractors can and should weigh in as well. Given the current problems with the Alaskan Senator Stevens and the likelihood he will have to leave office I wonder what you think about Ms. Palin giving up the governorship taking over his senate seat (provided of course the McCain-Palin ticket fails in its bid). This is a law of course in many states that the governor can take over a vacated senate seat if he or she so desires. My question is, do you think she should and why?

For my 2 cents, I think if she is serious about continuing in high level politics she should and I think it would be a good thing for all concerned. I believe we could see how she interacts on a much larger political stage than she presently has. This would give all a chance to really see what she is about. Lets face it, Alaska is very very small population-wise and much smaller than many cities in the lower 48 so to be honest I don't think it gives much a chance to cover more broad issues. She certainly was a political animal in that small pond, so I would be interested to see how she would handle being let loose in the ocean. My own opinion is that she wouldn't do well, but I also know that people can surprise. I think she is an awful candidate at the moment, but this kind of experience could make her a better one, or it could destroy her completely.

I do believe that Stevens has to win his own seat back today or the point is mute. Being convicted greatly hurt his chances, had he waited for trial for after the election, Palin would be able to seat a strong person in his place. Now he has to win to have that happen.

Rookies
11-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I do believe that Stevens has to win his own seat back today or the point is mute.

Ya think ???

This race was close until the moment that coinviction for this crook came down. Now, it is an average of a 10 point spread for the Dem. I'd be astonished if he won.

Screw him !

And screw Paul Kanjorski, D-Pa. one of the few House Congressman, who I'm very familiar with. He's looking for an 11th or 12th straight W and he's going down for some of the same reasons as Stevens... only down the scale... He's going down, too, in one of the few reversals of this year.