PDA

View Full Version : TOS reminder

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
In case ya'll forgot, here is an item from the terms of service of PaceAdvantage.com that is being ignored on an active thread at the moment, and has led me to have to edit many posts in said thread:

You agree not to use this forum to accuse anyone, any company or any product or service of being "stupid" or a "fraud" or to use a term like "snake oil" to describe a particular product, as such terms may be viewed as defamatory and abusive.
Thank you for your cooperation.

pktruckdriver
11-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Ok Bossman

You are right, I am guilty and apologize, sincerely.

Patrick

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Don't worry, you're not the only one I am addressing this thread to...

Tom Barrister
11-03-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm not a bit sorry for what I said.

I seem to remember Karl doing this to no end to more than one person back in the day. That was just fine.

Since what I said seems to be an issue, and since I'm not cool with these Terms of Service, this will be my last post here.

Good luck to all.

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm not a bit sorry for what I said.

I seem to remember Karl doing this to no end to more than one person back in the day. That was just fine.

Since what I said seems to be an issue, and since I'm not cool with these Terms of Service, this will be my last post here.

Good luck to all.I have CONSISTENTLY enforced the "snake oil salesman" rule. It has been in place since the TOS were invented.

And for the record, I don't believe your post used the term snake oil salesman. You simply called someone an asshole, which I deleted. That has also been enforced whenever I have caught it....

Why must some people make things tougher then they actually are?

HUSKER55
11-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Alright, I will comply. But understand that I am opinianted and if someone(ahem) starts in on me I will strike back. I ain't taking crap. (even if I wasn"t a bastard)

What is your rule on that?

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Again, I will state this isn't any new rule. It's been in place since the beginning.

dav4463
11-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Can you make money being a snake oil salesman? I wouldn't mind trying it.

misscashalot
11-04-2008, 03:48 PM

Am I wrong but...

can any provider of a commercial product or service of horse race
betting theory guarantee that by using their product or service as
recommended would give the bettor a consistant profit over a stated
length of time?

Of course not. Cause there aint no such product that's readily available
and promoted as such. If there was it wouldn't be published since
this is a zero sum game.

We know, or should know this.

This is an endeavor that should not be taken too seriously.

What's the definition of snake oil salesman anyway?

wes
11-04-2008, 03:58 PM
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-snake-oil.htm

WES

Floyd
11-04-2008, 04:05 PM

Please! I've been looking for something for my very squeaky snake.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-04-2008, 04:24 PM
We probably shouldn't tell others to go lubricate their snake, either.

Dave Schwartz
11-04-2008, 04:50 PM
We probably shouldn't tell others to go lubricate their snake, either.

Now, that's what I would call thread drift.

:bang:

karlskorner
11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
I tried to find by a "search" when we were discussing "snake oil and/or snake oil salesmen" but my posts only go back 250 previous posts, I know that it was probably 6/7 years ago, because the subject came up several times and none of them, to my knowledge, where ever deleted. 9 years ago when I joined I did read the TOS in a hurry, but don't remember anything about "snake oil etc.", not saying it wasn't there, I just never read it and again I don't remember posts being deleted. The only posts I had deleted was when the addional administrators came aboard. My reference to "snake oil" was that some of the products offered were bogus.

If Tom Barrister's statement "This will be my last post here" means he is leaving the board, I am sorry to see him go.

proximity
11-04-2008, 06:57 PM

i don't know about that, but apparently you can make money by injecting snake based products into the horses:)

cj's dad
11-04-2008, 07:37 PM
In case ya'll forgot, here is an item from the terms of service of PaceAdvantage.com that is being ignored on an active thread at the moment, and has led me to have to edit many posts in said thread:

[/font]
Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: post #29 of the JL@Keeneland thread, I asked "tongue in cheek" where he was in relation to the "snake oil booth". I never accused anyone of being a snake oil salesman; hell I don't even know what snake oil is. i just thought it was funny. Please people, lighten up; most of us have never and will never meet. those of you who I have met have been a blast. Too many on this site take things waaaay too seriously.

I do wish that as a TOS, everyone who posts here should at the very least, give a location on their user profile. Whats the big deal??

barn32
11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I do wish that as a TOS, everyone who posts here should at the very least, give a location on their user profile. Whats the big deal??Why? Even if it were required what would keep you from putting in anything you want?

Floyd
11-04-2008, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=cj's dad]Re: post #29 of the JL@Keeneland thread, I asked "tongue in cheek" where he was in relation to the "snake oil booth". I never accused anyone of being a snake oil salesman; hell I don't even know what snake oil is. i just thought it was funny. Please people, lighten up; most of us have never and will never meet. those of you who I have met have been a blast. Too many on this site take things waaaay too seriously.

I do think it's important, given the arcane and occult nature of our craft, that we be careful to be respectful when we question each other about the claims we make about our methods, and it's hard to convey our true intent when writing our opinions. But, when it comes right down to it, it is just a web site, and I'm confident that if we were all to meet at the track we'd have a really good time.

cj's dad
11-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Why? Even if it were required what would keep you from putting in anything you want?

You are 100% correct- my point is - why lie? If you say something that is offensive to me and you posted NY city as your home, what am I going to do? search NY for a guy/girl by that user name? As an example, I list Baltimore, Md. as my home. If I make a comment re: Laurel/Pimlico it should have some credence because I live here. After all, why would someone acknowledge Baltimore as their home town if not a resident.

My case in point is that JL has spent untold hours on line espousing his product, yet there is no background data to refer to. As many here know, my son is an advertiser on this site and lists his home city as Moore Ok. What are you gonna do if his #'s fail your expectations? fly to Moore, ask around for cj and have him "taken care of"- get real.

Whats the problem with offering some insight into who you are and where you come from????

pktruckdriver
11-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Now I was guilty of using the Snake oil reference in my post, thought is was amusing to all get out, but also that it made apoint too.

Now If one is a paid subscriber to a service that is promoted on this board, are they allowed to give their opinion of that service, of course they are.

The book section has many different slices and dices, remarks, as well as complete and whole-hearted praise too.

Well I was trying to make my case here on this product as being unlearnable, is that a word, and the Company Owner, a lousy teacher, thus coming to the conclusion that my dealing with his service were horrendous, as was documented here and on the other post, just my honest, paying opinion.

Am I allowed to express that in such a way, not like that Other Guy, this one guy here is and always was out in the open here, and I seem to have been the only one admitting to being the guinea pig here, the one who bought the ebooks,( his service) and gave my review of it, correct?

Thank you
Jon no true personal attack was meant ,with the Snake Oil reference, other than laughter, but your CS is horrible man, try to work on it, in the future.

Patrick

Hope this is acceptable

cj's dad
11-04-2008, 08:46 PM
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-snake-oil.htm

WES

Wes,
thanx for the info- as one who has had back, hip and knee surgery, I may be in the market for the stuff- refuse to say the words. Thanx again

proximity
11-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Hope this is acceptable

well, i'm not sure jonnielu will be cool with it, but you may be able to win over cj's dad if you let him know where exactly it is you are "on the roads of america." perhaps pace advantage could hook some kind of gps up to your account!!

pktruckdriver
11-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Proximity

well, i'm not sure jonnielu will be cool with it, but you may be able to win over cj's dad if you let him know where exactly it is you are "on the roads of america." perhaps pace advantage could hook some kind of gps up to your account!!

I already got GPS on my Phone, Laptop, truck and trailer too, They know where I am.

Bossman , He's alright, and Jon, well that is another question, I will not answer.

Patrick

Tonight in Cleveland, southside

Tom Barrister
11-06-2008, 10:46 AM
While I've changed my mind about not posting here anymore, I'm still not the least bit sorry about what I said, and my opinion of Mr. Luman hasn't changed.

I don't care how many enemies I make. That comes with the territory of playing devil's advocate and calling it like I see it. If I have to flower up the criticism, I'll be sure to plant the variety with plenty of thorns.

BombsAway Bob
11-06-2008, 11:35 AM
While I've changed my mind about not posting here anymore, I'm still not the least bit sorry about what I said, and my opinion of Mr. Luman hasn't changed.

I don't care how many enemies I make. That comes with the territory of playing devil's advocate and calling it like I see it. If I have to flower up the criticism, I'll be sure to plant the variety with plenty of thorns.
Welcome Back, Tom :)

Maxspa
11-06-2008, 12:28 PM
All,
Had I known that this thread would end up causing trouble for many people, I would not have posted it.
There were some some positives that came out of the discussions and I'll leave it at that.
Maxspa

jonnielu
11-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Now I was guilty of using the Snake oil reference in my post, thought is was amusing to all get out, but also that it made apoint too.

Now If one is a paid subscriber to a service that is promoted on this board, are they allowed to give their opinion of that service, of course they are.

The book section has many different slices and dices, remarks, as well as complete and whole-hearted praise too.

Well I was trying to make my case here on this product as being unlearnable, is that a word, and the Company Owner, a lousy teacher, thus coming to the conclusion that my dealing with his service were horrendous, as was documented here and on the other post, just my honest, paying opinion.

Am I allowed to express that in such a way, not like that Other Guy, this one guy here is and always was out in the open here, and I seem to have been the only one admitting to being the guinea pig here, the one who bought the ebooks,( his service) and gave my review of it, correct?

Thank you
Jon no true personal attack was meant ,with the Snake Oil reference, other than laughter, but your CS is horrible man, try to work on it, in the future.

Patrick

Hope this is acceptable

If it weren't a personal attack, there would be no need to claim that it isn't.

If it weren't an attack in general, you might mention the amount of service that you got. You got much more service then did the other subscribers to that seminar. By comparison, they would be the ones that are short-changed.

jdl

jonnielu
11-07-2008, 06:58 AM

So what is the real cause for the high degree of alarm? While I'm openly discussing someone's problem with my product, and reasonably attempting to address their complaint, 6 months after the transaction, you seem to be bent on putting me out of business.

Not that it is much of a business. The products you are so worked up about were sold for $4.95cents and were offered with a guarantee of satisfaction. Something that is pretty much unheard of, in the racing information business.

I noticed that part is missing from your review.

Frankly, I don't believe this is what is ringing your bell, Tom.

What is it that I have done to attract such vehement attention from you?

jdl

LottaKash
11-07-2008, 07:00 AM
All,
Had I known that this thread would end up causing trouble for many people, I would not have posted it.
There were some some positives that came out of the discussions and I'll leave it at that.
Maxspa

Maxspa, I thought this thread was a Hoot !!....I think we all came away with a little bit of something.......

As for "Snake Oil"...It is my contention, that currently, this is what is being presented to the the American Public, by our current govening body.....This includes all parties and including the presidency, the congress and the courts, and don't forget the FDA.....I'm not buying any of it....

best,

jonnielu
11-07-2008, 07:20 AM
All,
Maxspa

I doubt that open discussion could cause trouble for anyone, except for those that prefer people be un-informed.

jdl

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2008, 06:14 PM
It seems that gentle persuasion isn't going to work.