PDA

View Full Version : STEALTH

LOU M.
03-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Does anyone use or have you used this program? It's offered through HDW?

CumberlandBluesHSH
03-25-2003, 10:37 AM
I used to use Stealth - for 2-3 years in the late '90's. It was a bit "black-box-ish" for my liking, but it was a solid program. The programmer was a less than friendly fellow named John Rancont - but he knew his stuff. I stopped using it largely because the data query tool was very primitive so research was tedious - there were planned improvements, but John passed away and as far as I know no new development has been done. A few of the users got together to get the rights to the software - and they still sell it, but like I say I don't know if they're doing any new development.

Basically their gig is their proprietery Acceleration & Deceleration figures - which are quite good - and they have some neat trainer/pedigree stats too.

You can find out about 'em here.

http://www.wincirc.com/

And the guy handling sales for them now, Danny, is a pretty straight shooter - I had some good conversations with him - tho it's been a few years.

I dunno....I liked Stealth, but I *LOVE* HSH. So that's where I'm staying. The real downfall to Stealth, IMO, is the lack of a good query tool - if you're paying for the HDW downloads - you want to be able to get at the data - and you really can't with Stealth.

LOU M.
03-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the reply Cumberland. As far as the trainer stats what was unique? Was ther anything that HDW doesn't offer now?

CumberlandBluesHSH
03-27-2003, 09:00 AM
I don't think the jockey/trainer/pedigree info was anything not available from other HDW data files - but the presentation was simple - very easy to make sense of as they converted all the various percentages and such into letter grades. Avoiding plays on jockeys & trainers with lots of D's saved me a bunch of money.

aaron
03-27-2003, 09:29 AM
I used Stealth for about a year.I found it to be a reliable system.The stats were excellent and the group was easy to work with.They answered all questions and even called to see how I was doing.I stopped using Stealth when I had a computer problem and never went back.The biggest problem I had with the software was that I basically played one track,sometimes two,and was never able to take advantage of the uniqueness of the software.If you are a multiple track player this software might be for you.I have not used any software since,but I might try one in the future.I also have a copy of Dick Mitchell's software that I won in a contest using Stealth.Good luck whatever your decision.

wes
03-27-2003, 09:32 AM
CumberlandBluesHSH

Do you know if there was ever an import file for their old program
HORSE'S N COURSE'S? One that would work with Bris or Drf files.

John Rancont also had a greyhound program HURRI-HOUND which I still use.

Nothing has changed much from the old programs except the newer ones you can lose your ass in less time.

good handicapping to all

wesley

aaron
03-27-2003, 09:36 AM
I don't know of any import file.As far as I know everything downloaded was from HDW.

wes
03-27-2003, 09:52 AM
aaron

Thanks, They thought enough of Horse's N Corurse's to include it in the STEALTH program. That is probably the reason no import was ever made for the older program.

Thanks again

wesley

aaron
03-27-2003, 10:17 AM
Tim, Have you used any other software programs?If you have,what is your opinion of them?