PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering....

highnote
11-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I read a lot of posts here in off-topic pro and con towards one party or another, but I wonder, if you are a liberal or conservative by nature, has a post by the "other side" ever changed your inclination to want to vote opposite your nature?

In other words, if you're a liberal, has a convervative ever posted anything that would make you vote conservative? And if you're a conservative has a liberal ever posted anything that would want to make you vote liberal?

Because if you have made hundreds of posts here and you haven't changed anyone's mind or if you've read hundreds of posts here and have never had your mind changed, then what is it that keeps you posting and reading political threads?

Just wondering....

Tom
11-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I was a lib once. I turned conservative because it became blatantly obvious that the lib ideal do not work. Then Clinton came along and that sealed it for me. I have had my opinion changed on some issues, but not the overall philosophy. Some level headed, thoughtful liberals, a decided minority, but you included sometimes, andicap, Betchacoo.....can make sensible arguments based on ideas, not personalities. I don't agree with a lot of so-called conservatives, either.

I post and read here to make sure the lies of the other libs are not left unchallenged. :rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
11-03-2008, 01:13 PM
They lowered the voting age to 18 . I turned 18 and that November I made a bee line to the voting booth and voted for McGovern . I thought that was so cool . Looking back I was only a fool . I ( along with nearly all my friends )
were against anything that seemed normal . Normal was abnormal . I've since voted for other democrats . I've never had a closed mind , many democrats have good ideas . The ones however that have chosen to drag the 60's generation anti-establishment into this century I have no use for . And those that support their ideals are simply out of touch with reality . A case in point is Pelosi . She's determained to bring this country down with her leftover 60's flower power politics .

HUSKER55
11-03-2008, 01:49 PM
All it takes for evil to triumph is, for men of good fiber and good conscience, to do nothing.

highnote
11-03-2008, 03:41 PM
All good answers -- except for Tom -- who only thinks that some of my ideas are good. :confused:

:D

chickenhead
11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
there have been good and persuasive liberal and conservative arguments made, every once in awhile. The IV's are low, but that's ok.

I like to see what people are squawking about, I don't watch really any of the 24 hr news, so I like to see what the daily 5 minutes of hate topic is. I'd rather get if from the yahoos here than the MSM.

dav4463
11-04-2008, 03:12 AM
People like to argue. Everybody thinks they are right and the other is wrong. I have never read a single thing that would make me vote for a Democrat, but I read them anyway.