PDA

View Full Version : Dubai Buys

joanied
11-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh man, this really bums me out...my 2 Derby horses are going to Dubia...Bobby F was nuts selling Vineyard Haven, and I'm sure Baffert is crushed that Midshipman is going over there... without Baffert training him, I can't see him winning the KD next year...or VH either...crap, crap, crap:mad:

http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/47866.htm

Living Flame
11-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Wow this sucks. I really liked Midshipman. Dammit. :mad:

*withholds derogatory remarks* :rolleyes:

ghostyapper
11-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Seriously if Frankel is this upset about selling him, why did he do it? Not like he needs the money.

MickJ26
11-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Oh man, this really bums me out...my 2 Derby horses are going to Dubia...Bobby F was nuts selling Vineyard Haven, and I'm sure Baffert is crushed that Midshipman is going over there... without Baffert training him, I can't see him winning the KD next year...or VH either...crap, crap, crap:mad:

http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/47866.htm

It's probably only just a matter of time before Godolphin, Darley and Shadwell own every single profitable racehorse, stallion and broodmare on earth.

matthewsiv
11-03-2008, 07:00 PM
They did this in Europe 25 years ago!

At the time some people were resentful, but without them the European market would have died years ago,and they have been great for the industry.

Rest assured these horses will be back for the Derby and the Triple Crown.

Sheikh Mohammed would love to win the Derby and thank God that they are here because there would not be a market without them.

joanied
11-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Seriously if Frankel is this upset about selling him, why did he do it? Not like he needs the money.

I wondered that too...I can't imagine the $$ he must have gotten...he may not have sold the horse if he'd also bred him, but regardless...if VH comes back and wins the KD, Frankel will be miserable.....he says he'll be proud of the horse...but his name won't be there in the history book as trainer, unless the Shiek sends him back to Bobby next year to train for the KD...
same for Mishipman, maybe Baffert will get him back for a run at the TC next year....
geeze:faint:

Robert Fischer
11-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Bobby F is the best

tucker6
11-04-2008, 07:20 AM
I wondered that too...I can't imagine the $$ he must have gotten...
I have heard $12M bandied about from several sources.

joanied
11-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Bobby F is the best

:ThmbUp:

joanied
11-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I have heard $12M bandied about from several sources.

Well, guess anything around that figure would be hard to say no to...regardless of how much money one already has. It'll sure give Bobby F a 'secure' retirment, when the time comes!!!