PDA

View Full Version : PTC Signs Deal for Retama

Premier Turf Club
11-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I am happy to announce that we have signed a deal with the Texas horsemen for Retama Park. We hope to have wagering on that signal up as early as tonight.

It was literally a burn the midnight oil affair. The contract came through at 12 AM CDT this morning.

Ian

boomman
11-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Ian: Although I mentioned this on another thread, I want to publicly commend your organization for never "giving up" during these tough times of idiotic signal fracturing. I also commend the Texas Horsemen for coming to the table and ignoring the bad advice they're getting from groups like the THG to hammer out an agreement and not to only help their own organization by doing so in the forms of additional revenue, but to steer towards make the industry better as a whole. I call on other Horsemen Organizations under the THG "wing" to ignore the bad advice they're getting and sit down with companies like PTC and put an end to this stupidity!

Boomer

lamboguy
11-01-2008, 12:59 PM
boomer, you got that right. the one thing i can honestly say about premier turf club is that they understand their customers. they certainly try to make improvements on a regular basis. i predict that with their fine attitude someday they will be real big in this business, but i know it won't be easy from experience.

Pass N Play
11-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Boomman,

Don't congratulate until you know all the facts. How do you know that the PTC deal is not a deal the THG has approved and a fee that they set. The horsemen's agreement between Retama and the horsemen make it a 6% deal for any ADW company. So please do not praise until know all the facts. This might just be a we will pay as we need content and a customer that wants the races

Thanks

DeanT
11-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Cool. Pass n play is back.

This should be fun :)

boomman
11-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Boomman,

Don't congratulate until you know all the facts. How do you know that the PTC deal is not a deal the THG has approved and a fee that they set. The horsemen's agreement between Retama and the horsemen make it a 6% deal for any ADW company. So please do not praise until know all the facts. This might just be a we will pay as we need content and a customer that wants the races

Thanks

Let's see: I have 30 years in the business, know Ian very well, and you have the audacity to tell me I don't have the facts? Glad you could stop by to post such an idiotic comment! I am 100% aware of the deal they made and also KNOW what the fee cost is. This has NEVER been an issue to pay a little more for the signal, as PTC did this last year after negotiations involving Retama and The Texas Thoroughbred Association. By the way, where were you when that negotiation took place???????????

Boomer

Pass N Play
11-01-2008, 09:01 PM
30 years boomman, Thats all!!! If you had that many years you should know better then.

Come on... Lighten up. I stated facts and now you are turning it around. The Texas Horesmen did not agree to anything the THG did not approve. So please stop thinking someone made a deal and got one over on the THG.

Pass N Play
11-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh an by the way Boomman, The Texas Thoroughbred (TTA)does not set the rate or fees in Texas. The group that does is the Texas Horsemen's Partnership (THP).

boomman
11-01-2008, 09:11 PM
30 years boomman, Thats all!!! If you had that many years you should know better then.

Come on... Lighten up. I stated facts and now you are turning it around. The Texas Horesmen did not agree to anything the THG did not approve. So please stop thinking someone made a deal and got one over on the THG.

You are bound and determined to give the THG credit for this when they had nothing to do this or with ANY settlements being made ADW wise. They are only interested in hijacking signals, not making agreements. Are you a THG employee?And are you honestly expecting people to believe that the TTA wasn't involved in bringing these parties together when they did the EXACT same thing in 2007? Then you should "know better" as well!! Dean: You were right: This guy's a beauty!:lol:

Boomer

Pass N Play
11-01-2008, 09:14 PM
The TTA has signed over all rights to make deals to the THP so yes the Texas Thoroughbred does not have anything to do with signals. Please state facts. Talk to someone in Texas please. You do not know what you are talkking about. 30 years of no business in Texas does not make you a player or a know all.

DeanT
11-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Dean: You were right: This guy's a beauty!

Told you it'd be fun.:)

Wait until we hear how THG raising signal prices and taking more money from the player will save the game of racing. The fun meter will go on tilt :)

Pass N Play
11-01-2008, 09:18 PM
trust me I am not a THG employee or lover. I am only here stating realities. No one made any deal in Texas that the THG (with the THP"Texas Horsmens Partnership") did not accept. It is clearly stated in the horsemens agreement any ADW will pay 6% no matter who they are.

Charlie D
11-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I am happy to announce that we have signed a deal with the Texas horsemen for Retama Park. We hope to have wagering on that signal up as early as tonight.

It was literally a burn the midnight oil affair. The contract came through at 12 AM CDT this morning.

Ian

:ThmbUp: to all involved

Hopefully, other horsemen groups will have some sense and join the Texas horsemen in signing similar deals with PTC etc

lamboguy
11-01-2008, 11:16 PM
the bottom line here is that if you have you bet as your primary adw, you cannot bet on RETAMA PARK. if you have PTC you are now in action. its just like the VISA comercial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUSKER55
11-02-2008, 01:21 AM
You can watch hollywood park on youbet but you can't wager if you are out of state. No problem. That is what offshore accounts are for.

Mine works ok for me.

Tom Barrister
11-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Boomman,

Thanks

There's at least one major difference between PTC and the other ADW's.

PTC gives a rebate. The others generally don't.

I don't care who approved it. I only care whether I can bet it, how much rebate I get, how the customer service is, and how safe my money is (which it's NOT safe at any offshore racebook with the Feds running around raiding them).

I don't care if every other ADW gets this tomorrow. The one giving me a rebate, with excellent customer service, and where my money is safe, has it.

trying2win
11-03-2008, 06:20 AM
After this latest settlement at RETAMA PARK, I was re-examining the 'MY RATES' section at PTC recently. Now I know everyone's PTC rebate rates are not the same. Myself being a smaller bettor, means I will get lower rebates than some of the high rollers at PTC. That's the way it should be. I understand that.

My main point in this post, is that I've noticed a trend. It involves the rebates paid by PTC after they've finished negotiations with some greedy, militant horsemen groups. The good news is...in several cases this year, PTC has managed to settle some of the signal fee disputes with these horsemen groups, where some ADWS have not. Kudos to PTC for that. The bad news...after these disputes were settled and PTC obviously paid higher signal rates than in the past, meant just one thing...lower rebates to customers.

I don't blame PTC for this situation. They wanted to get some settlements, so they could offer more tracks for their customers. The signal fees paid by PTC are going up in several cases, thus cutting into their profit margin...so they are forced to lower the rebates in some cases to their customers.

I blame some of the greedy, militant thoroughbred horsemen groups...they win...they get higher signal fees...the customers lose again...i.e lower rebates than before at these tracks that had horsemen disputes. Is that good for the customers?...NOPE!

You don't see militant harness horsemen or greyhound owners. Their purses are generally a lot lower than their greedy thoroughbred counterparts, yet you don't see them holding strike signs and whining and complaining about how hard done they are by track management and ADWS. I'm assuming they are grateful for whatever extra revenue they can get from the ADWS. The good news is...the rebates are generally higher at the harness and greyhound races...that's going to be more of a consideration of where to bet in the future for me.

I hope the trend of greedy thoroughbred horsemen groups demanding higher signal fees backfires on them, and they get more purse cuts because of lower betting handles at their tracks. That'll teach them the universal law..."What you sow...you shall also reap".

T2W

Driver8
11-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Retama is now on youbet.com too. Good to see at least a little bit of progress on this ADW crisis.