PDA

View Full Version : 3000!

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2001, 03:21 AM
Just noticed we hit 3000 posts since March 16 when this new board went up!!! Not bad for 3.5 months. Lets see....that means we are on pace for over 10,000 for the year!!! And, remember, I just deleted a boatload of posts from that debacle last week, so in theory we should have a lot more posts....LOL

Thanks everyone for making this place the most enjoyable handicapping site on the net (for me anyway)!!

==PA

JimG
07-07-2001, 08:27 AM
A board like this is only as good as its leader and members. That's why this board is the best on the net for horse racing discussion.

JimG

Dave Schwartz
07-07-2001, 08:31 AM
PA,

Congrats on a great bbs.

But let me get this straight. We should have more counting all those (in)sain posts? -LOL

Keep up the good work.

Dave

Tom
07-07-2001, 09:42 AM
3000! Wow. 10,000 Wow Wow.
Nice going-ifbut if you let those other guy back we might hit 10,000 Tuesay! ~G~
Tom

HorseLady
07-08-2001, 07:55 PM
Well, you do advertise your show on a great radio program :) Dan does have some fabulous guests on that show that really know horse racing.

Seriously, you have a great site here and the contributors are very knowledgable and there isn't a ton of BS to have to wade through to get to the meat.

Keep up the great work and ignore the jerks that come along.

Tom
07-08-2001, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by HorseLady
Well, you do advertise your show on a great radio program :) Dan does have some fabulous guests on that show that really know horse racing.

Seriously, you have a great site here and the contributors are very knowledgable and there isn't a ton of BS to have to wade through to get to the meat.

Keep up the great work and ignore the jerks that come along.

Horselady....

Thank YOU for the link to Belmont races on the net.
This makes playing a lot more fun getting to watch the races.
Tom

HorseLady
07-09-2001, 12:53 AM
<blush> I'm happy to have given back a little bit. I came into this whole thing knowing NOTHING AT ALL! So since just before the Derby I've learned little things like what the heck a Quinella is (yup, same as a boxed exacta for 1/2 the payout), a furlong (which I first called a furlough), what Lasix is (hubby just said a few days ago "That's the eye surgery, right?"), and all sorts of things about breeding, horse pregnancy, etc.

I'm still absorbing like a sponge and plan to for many years to come.

On a side note, I took my boys (ages 5 and 2) to Belmont on Friday for Sunset Racing. My 5yo had been there before with me and liked it. Told me to play a horse the first time to win for $10, luckily he won! On Friday, I first took the boys to the Paddock just so my 2yo could see the horses in person. HE LOVED THEM! Nothing like seeing pure joy through the eyes of a child. He was smiling such a huge smile, his eyes wide with joy and he was waving as the horses came near him (as they were being walked before being saddled). If he stays as tiny like he is now, who knows, he could be the next Mig or Bailey :)

Oh yeah, my 5yo told me to play a horse, I ignored him. Again, told me $10 to win. The horse won and paid approx $35! I'm listening to him in the future!

Rick Ransom
07-09-2001, 12:20 PM
HorseLady,

You came to the right place. I wish I'd had this kind of input when I started out. You sound like an intelligent person, so you should do very well. Speaking of kids, I grew up near Santa Anita and used to go around picking up discarded racing forms in the parking lot. So I got an early start. Horse racing was much more interesting and challenging than school to me, and my parents thought I would become a degenerate. But it got me interested in statistics and thinking logically and I think it helped in my career (computer programming) later on.