PDA

View Full Version : Obama Supporter Suicide: "Obama take care of my family."

JustRalph
10-31-2008, 08:47 PM
This is getting to be too much.......... how sad....... :bang:

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_10861445

Man jumps off Spaghetti Bowl

Note found addressed to 'Obama'

EL PASO -- A man who jumped 60 feet to his death from the Spaghetti Bowl on Thursday left a note with a message for Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.

A note to "Obama" was found in the man's car, which was parked on the top ramp of the Spaghetti Bowl.

Officials offered no further explanation nor interpreted the note's meaning.

About 7:45 a.m., police responded to a report that the 52-year-old El Paso man had jumped off the uppermost ramp of the Spaghetti Bowl. His body was found on I-10 west just before the Copia Street exit. His name was not released.

Police spokesman Darrel Petry said Crimes Against Persons investigators were investigating the death as a suicide.

Two notes on large pieces of paper were found on the dashboard and another part of the car, police said.

The investigation into the death caused traffic to back up near Hawkins Boulevard for at least an hour as the man's body lay in the far right lane of the interstate. His white tennis shoes, which had fallen off during or after the fall, lay just a few feet from his body.

Police were also seen on Ramp F, the top ramp of the Spaghetti Bowl, next to the white four-door sedan, which was parked unattended. The ramp connects I-10 west to the Bridge of the Americas and Paisano Drive.

Police confirmed that the man left behind a note that read,

"Obama take care of my family."~more at the link~

OTM Al
10-31-2008, 10:09 PM
You know what's really sad? The response posts to the article. Speaks pretty poorly of humanity.

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Here's a dumb question: What's the "Spaghetti Bowl?"

Greyfox
10-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Here's a dumb question: What's the "Spaghetti Bowl?"

sans comment.

http://bwog.net/uploads/spaghetti.gif.

:lol:

wonatthewire1
10-31-2008, 10:24 PM
one highway ramp above another highway - they spiral away from each other. I've seen them with concrete walls up the sides to support the upper roadway - sounds like this one

Sounds like he parked on the shoulder of the road and jumped

they are not common at all on the east coast (older highways, less room)

Greyfox
10-31-2008, 10:28 PM
http://www.dot.state.tx.us/elp/mis/ih10loop375/dtmint60.jpg.

Dave Schwartz
11-01-2008, 01:15 AM
That's what we used to call a "cloverleaf" back east. We have our own here in Reno as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_Bowl

Greyfox
11-01-2008, 01:26 AM
In spite of my jesting above, I feel the need to add
that Suicide is a major problem across America.
It touches every family sooner or later.
It represents total hopelessness on behalf of the person who commits the act.
In some instances suicide can prevented.
In other instances it can not.
In each case, we, you and I are responsible for our lives and the possible
infliction of hurt that suicide imposes on us, and our loved ones.
So while, I jest above about the "Spaghetti Bowl"
basically, There but for the Grace of God Go I..

JustRalph
11-01-2008, 03:37 AM
In Ohio, the cops call them Cluster-Fu##s because of all the accidents that occur on them.............

Back to the subject. This note is a window to the soul of the type of supporter that Obama is drawing. In the last two days we have seen video of a women profess that if she votes for him, she won't have to "worry about putting gas in my car or paying my mortgage" and this poor bastard jumps off a bridge in total confidence that Obama will "take care of his family"?????? !!!

This is amazing to me. Where do we grow these people? What mindset do they have to have been raised in or exposed to ? Somewhere they were molded and indoctrinated into this thinking. It is devastating and creates a dis-incentive to work and follow the proverbial American dream. it belies what this country is about.

There is only one problem with cultivating this type of support. If he wins he has to then attempt to keep up with the expectations of these people. While basking in the legislative entitlement factory that will be a Democrat Super Majority, he will have no excuses when he cannot deliver. Two years into his Presidency when gas prices are not down enough to make good on his promise, when small businesses start sending workers home with pink slips after paying the first year of those inflated taxes......where do people who leave notes in their cars before jumping off bridges turn ? They turn against their savior.............................

Tom
11-01-2008, 10:53 AM
We call it the "can of worms" here.