PDA

View Full Version : BIG BROWN Stud Fee

joanied
10-31-2008, 06:54 PM
here ya go....no doubt many will consider this too high...I figured it to be around $50,000...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/article/47853.htm (http://www.bloodhorse.com/article/47853.htm)

juanepstein
10-31-2008, 07:02 PM
rather save myself $55,000 and just go to BOUNDARY.

point given
10-31-2008, 07:03 PM
here ya go....no doubt many will consider this too high...I figured it to be around $50,000...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/article/47853.htm (http://www.bloodhorse.com/article/47853.htm)

$65 for bad feet, such a deal :jump:

and only $15 for Point Given :eek: I'm depressed :(

tucker6
10-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Why the secrecy with Smarty Jones' fee?? It's not like it wouldn't get out after the first private quote!

sonnyp
10-31-2008, 07:11 PM
the breeders have gotten killed at the sales, record buy backs and reserves not achieved, and they start a stallion with no feet at this level ?

im no expert in the demands of the breeding market but i've got to believe he's overpriced.

i've seen inflated manipulation of breeding figures, sweetheart deals etc., and it will be very interesting to see what level of interest his connections claim .

Tom
10-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Hope he can "finish" better than he did in the Belmont.:rolleyes:

JustRalph
10-31-2008, 08:31 PM
You can get two Tiznow's for that............ and have 5 grand left to party with

Spectacular Sid
10-31-2008, 08:52 PM
I think Three Chimneys is throwing in a free quarter crack patch kit with every foal.

Shenanigans
10-31-2008, 09:35 PM
I think Three Chimneys is throwing in a free quarter crack patch kit with every foal.

:D :D :D :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
10-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Perhaps the fee will be considered too high and no one will want to breed horses with congenital defects, but who am I kidding....

joanied
11-01-2008, 10:18 AM
rather save myself $55,000 and just go to BOUNDARY.

That would be hard to do... Boundary has been pensioned for a few years now;)

Zaf
11-01-2008, 10:53 AM
You can get two Tiznow's for that............ and have 5 grand left to party with

I'd spend the extra five & take a shot with Midnite Lute, With all the California Bred incentives sounds like a good risk.

Z

joanied
11-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Tiznow & Midnight Lute...would be excellent choices. Fact is, there are so many good stallions throwing nice sound horses...why would anyone take a chance on a horse like BB.
And this may sound dumb...but it's not BB's fault, and I feel sad for the horse...glad he's at a place like Three Chimney's...they'll take good care of him, at least.

Living Flame
11-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I'd kill to have a Tiznow!!!! :eek:

It's a dream of mine.

tmh
11-03-2008, 07:18 PM
juanepstein, might give the stud fee for that girl!:lol:

joanied
11-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I'd kill to have a Tiznow!!!! :eek:

It's a dream of mine.

Go for it....no foolish dreams, ya know!!
:) :) :)

usafsso
11-05-2008, 09:45 AM
OK this is an odd question. How many stud fees can an owner get from one "deposit" from a horse like BB? I understand they inseminate now, they don't just let the two horses go out behind the barn anymore, we have science now. From watching Dirty Jobs and Jack-Ass there is a large sample provided. One would think it could be used for several customers.

FenceBored
11-05-2008, 10:31 AM
How many stud fees can an owner get from one "deposit" from a horse like BB? I understand they inseminate now, they don't just let the two horses go out behind the barn anymore, we have science now.

ONE. The Jockey Club does NOT allow Artificial Insemination. One stallion, one mare, a little Issac Hayes music, one fee, period.

That's why the idiots who said the Jackson's kept Barbaro alive for a few months to harvest his sperm were so noxious.

tucker6
11-05-2008, 10:31 AM
I understand they inseminate now, they don't just let the two horses go out behind the barn anymore, we have science now.

If you want your foal to be recognized as a TB, then you must let the two horses go behind the shed and let nature take its course. Actually, it's more work than that, but I wanted to romanticize it.

So, one deposit, one foal.

joanied
11-05-2008, 10:51 AM
OK this is an odd question. How many stud fees can an owner get from one "deposit" from a horse like BB? I understand they inseminate now, they don't just let the two horses go out behind the barn anymore, we have science now. From watching Dirty Jobs and Jack-Ass there is a large sample provided. One would think it could be used for several customers.

Where on Earth did you get your information... Dirty Jobs & Jack-Ass???:faint:
Your question has been answered...and it's good that you asked, because info like that makes one wonder where folks new to racing get their info.
:)

usafsso
11-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Where on Earth did you get your information... Dirty Jobs & Jack-Ass???:faint:
Your question has been answered...and it's good that you asked, because info like that makes one wonder where folks new to racing get their info.
:)

OK, sorry brother, I guess I am just a fool and assumed something. That is why I wanted to ask the question.

Thanks to everyone clearing this up though.

joanied
11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
OK, sorry brother, I guess I am just a fool and assumed something. That is why I wanted to ask the question.

Thanks to everyone clearing this up though.

usafsso... there are no dumb questions...if that were the case, no one would learn anything new. You are not a fool, please don't think that is what we think...and everyone assumes something now and again that prooves to be incorrect...and we all learn something new everyday... so, not to worry, it's good that you asked and now you know that there is no artificial insemination in the TB industry. Other breeds do it, but TB breeding is live cover only (thank goodness)

Never hesitate to ask a question...
Have a good one, usafsso!!
:) :) :) :)

Pell Mell
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Elusive Quality= Smarty Jones, Ravens Pass! What more could you want in a few years?