PDA

View Full Version : when do they start to cheat in harness

amazingD
10-29-2008, 07:57 PM
I wanted to play some harness but dont think a purse of 2k would keep them from cheating.. seriously, the driver gets $50 for a win .. Right maybe a 100... I think it might be lever at the 5k area of races... wonder how well the fav does in races under 2k in purse ves 5k races...

lamboguy
10-29-2008, 08:28 PM
i wonder why a harness guy would cheat these days. the pools are as small as it gets, why risk getting caught for no money?

i see lots of under $1000 total win pools in the harness these days, except for the larger places that have big handles, and probably pretty stringent security.

amazingD
10-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Harness guys no the horses inside and out......if they run out thier chalk.. they are gonna hold a huge tri.. and or they can effect a race pretty easy by parking out a chalkthe mile.......or just getting thire h orse hopelessly boxed.. how you gonna put security on that... sit and roll

LottaKash
10-30-2008, 03:36 AM
That is why I continue to wager at Harness-Racinos. period ... Racinos, as detrimental to the sport as some would believe, keep the purses up to wage earning status, so being a serious and avid harness player, I find that the race outcomes at Racinos, seem to come out more to my expectation than, in some of the other venues that are in their near dark stages of extinction.....Tracks that are in their last stages?, well, anything is possible, we have just look at, our of late, banking and insurance intstitutions for a good example of what darkness may bring.........

best,

Zman179
10-30-2008, 12:45 PM
That is why I continue to wager at Harness-Racinos. period ... Racinos, as detrimental to the sport as some would believe, keep the purses up to wage earning status, so being a serious and avid harness player, I find that the race outcomes at Racinos, seem to come out more to my expectation than, in some of the other venues that are in their near dark stages of extinction.....Tracks that are in their last stages?, well, anything is possible, we have just look at, our of late, banking and insurance intstitutions for a good example of what darkness may bring.........

best,

Exactly. If you were to bet at Dover, Chester, or a similar circuit where the handle is low to medium and the purses are large, then you can count on having a card full of honest races. However, at tracks where the purses are low but the pools are medium to high (i.e. Northfield), then you can count on rampant larceny. Think about it: if the purse is $2,000 (lowest purse at Northfield), that means the driver and trainer will get $50 each...if they win. Yet there's often around $30,000 in the exacta pool alone.