PDA

View Full Version : Snowing @ Philly Park, Big-A opens tomorrow

BombsAway Bob
10-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Welcome Back Winter!:(

Tom
10-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Aquedrab.....how wonderful!:rolleyes:
They should but in poly and dye it green. Add some color to the joint.
We cold pretend it was turf and good racing. :D

thespaah
10-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Welcome Back Winter!:(
Ahh yes. The beginning of Throughbred racing's "nuclear winter".

BombsAway Bob
10-29-2008, 04:29 PM
and now they nix betting on California racing..Churchill..nay...Calder...nay...

When do Turf Paradise & Zia horsemen pull the plug on out-of-state simos?:rolleyes:

thespaah
10-29-2008, 07:14 PM
and now they nix betting on California racing..Churchill..nay...Calder...nay...

When do Turf Paradise & Zia horsemen pull the plug on out-of-state simos?:rolleyes: Who is "they"?

BombsAway Bob
10-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Who is "they"?
T.O.C. - Thoroughbred Owners of California

thespaah
10-29-2008, 08:47 PM
T.O.C. - Thoroughbred Owners of CaliforniaWhat do you think is the reason why the TOC decided to burn down the forest to save a tree?

BombsAway Bob
10-30-2008, 12:22 AM
What do you think is the reason why the TOC decided to burn down the forest to save a tree?
Horsemen have lost Bay Meadows, & Hollywood's not committing past a Spring'09 meet. Maybe Drew & the TOC thought they could strong-arm TVG into buying into their takeout plan, thinking TVG would want to avoid this very kind of impasse, & prove to be a revenue-sharing role model for future deals with other ADWs. OOPS.
I don't miss betting Calder in the least, & CD only hurts for a week a year.
Before getting TVG & playing at home, I'd go to Rock or Mohegan/Foxwoods, play Suffolk (& NYRA if at Rock or Sun), & maybe bet the Left Coast Double before driving home. Cal Racing meant little to me.
I Guess I'll get used to not betting'em again! (As Long as I have Los Al.)

thespaah
10-30-2008, 08:35 AM
Horsemen have lost Bay Meadows, & Hollywood's not committing past a Spring'09 meet. Maybe Drew & the TOC thought they could strong-arm TVG into buying into their takeout plan, thinking TVG would want to avoid this very kind of impasse, & prove to be a revenue-sharing role model for future deals with other ADWs. OOPS.
I don't miss betting Calder in the least, & CD only hurts for a week a year.
Before getting TVG & playing at home, I'd go to Rock or Mohegan/Foxwoods, play Suffolk (& NYRA if at Rock or Sun), & maybe bet the Left Coast Double before driving home. Cal Racing meant little to me.
I Guess I'll get used to not betting'em again! (As Long as I have Los Al.)

i don't care for Cali racing either. Small fields. Not enough turf racing. I like hearing Vic's calls at Hollywood though. Unfortunate that Hol may be going away.
I like Mohegan's race book. Nice and comfy. Lots of places to sit at your own monitor. No smoking in there either. I smoke, but only outdoors.
This trend of horsemen slamming the door on the fingers of ADW's and other simulcast venues is hurting the very people this activity is supposed to benefit. Why horsemen contnually reach for the stars on revenue levels is a mystery to me. Simulcasting and wagering outlets like TVG are businesses exist to turn a profit as well.
The whole issue is stupid.
If I were master of the wagering universe for a day ,I would get all the principles at a table and tell them everybody will make money if they'd learn to cooperate rather than bhave is little fiefdoms.