PDA

View Full Version : Race 11 Zia Park 10-27

BUD
10-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Did anyone else see this race?

Did the horse really throw the Jockey? Or did the Jockey conveniently dismount right before the wire---To my eye it looks as if the Jock jumps...But the announcer said this horse did this before....

If the horse was not the 6/5 fav and not 20 yards from victory I probably wouldn't think twice about it..

schweitz
10-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Did anyone else see this race?

Did the horse really throw the Jockey? Or did the Jockey conveniently dismount right before the wire---To my eye it looks as if the Jock jumps...But the announcer said this horse did this before....

If the horse was not the 6/5 fav and not 20 yards from victory I probably wouldn't think twice about it..

Yea, the horse slammed on the brakes for a second and then continued. This happened 4 races back with the same jockey but the 2 races in between also had the same jockey and the horse won. I had this horse and the default winner in the pick-4 so I'm sure the payout was to my benefit. :)

BUD
10-28-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm bustin' my stones trying to see what I should see during the race.....Thanks I did not see that--Nor am I surprised......Its a lot of work....Hell, I have a lot of time...

Thanks

jotb
10-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Yea, the horse slammed on the brakes for a second and then continued. This happened 4 races back with the same jockey but the 2 races in between also had the same jockey and the horse won. I had this horse and the default winner in the pick-4 so I'm sure the payout was to my benefit. :)

Believe it or not, Hallowed Flag unseated his rider in his debut race at TP back in 2005. This is certainly a problem for trainer and jockey. I wonder if he runs with a shadow roll. Something near the wire make this horse spook. Could be some type of object, lights, shadows, or even noise.

Joe