PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't you like to see this baby?

Bruddah
10-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Curlin and Zenyatta, a match made for the good of the Sport.

Bobzilla
10-28-2008, 10:59 AM
I haven't decided on a name yet but I'm leaning towards either Curlyatta, Zencurl or Zenlin. Maybe a breeding expert on this board could comment on the potential success of such a pairing. Both have Mr. Prospector down the top side but on the bottom there's an interesting mix from Deputy Minister on the Curlin side to Zenyatta's Kris S - Roberto - Hail to Reason blood as well as some Argentine blood. Maybe it would be a good mix, but it would be interesting to see what a breeding expert would have to say.

SMOO
10-28-2008, 11:01 AM
I haven't decided on a name yet but I'm leaning towards either Curlyatta, Zencurl or Zenlin.

Yatta-Cur or Curly-Zen?

stu
10-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Curzen

Bruddah
10-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Since both are large horses, I thought of Big Winnah! :D

Actually, I have a large data base on the Mr Prospector bloodline. Having this mix on top and bottom (sire & mare) has produced fragile off spring. I may have to withdraw my question, now that I have thought it over. Seemed like a good idea at first.

stu
10-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Werks Thoroughbred Consultants free eNicks suggest that the best sire to mate with Zenyatta would be RAHY

Nacumi
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
That inbreeding to Mr. Prospector is a little too close up (3x4), though there's absolutely no other duplication.
Ironically, I think Zenyatta fits Big Brown better (brings in that classic Northern Dancer over the Prospector, with Damascus and another strain of Princequillo through Round Table), and she'd likely improve BB's crappy feet in the resulting foal.

joanied
10-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Very interesting thread....but let's hope that we see Zenyatta stay in training for 2009...

whyhorseofcourse
10-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Zennlin IMHO.
What about curlin and rags to riches?
Quite possibly two of the best looking horses on the planet.

joanied
10-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Zennlin IMHO.

If those two nick, I'd say it'd be an outstanding mating... Better than Honor is being sold...already a prooven champion broodmare...maybe she should go to Culrin...then a name could be 'Honoring Curlin', or Curlin's Honor...as long as it's not 'Better than Curlin':eek: although, with a mating like that...it could be!!!!

JustRalph
10-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Ginger punch is hitting the Maternity ward too.............

Nacumi
10-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Zennlin IMHO.

Intense inbreeding to Deputy Minister (3x3), Vice Regent and Northern Dancer, through DM daughters.
I like it better than Curlin and Zenyatta, though.

joanied
10-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Ginger punch is hitting the Maternity ward too.............

Yes, and I, for one, will miss :( her very much...if she were mine and she is sound, I'd run her another year....and as far as I know, she is sound.
She'll probably go to an Adena stallion...maybe Awesome Again, Mineshaft, Ghostzapper?
I won't be surprised to see Hysterical Lady also retired. Indyanne also retired.

joanied
10-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Intense inbreeding to Deputy Minister (3x3), Vice Regent and Northern Dancer, through DM daughters.
I like it better than Curlin and Zenyatta, though.

Glad to have someone here that can :ThmbUp: research our 'hypethetical matings'...thanks for doing that, Nacumi.
Once again, though...please let us get to have Zenyatta again in '09:jump:

Imriledup
10-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Its a bad mating, both horses are too muscular and big. Curlin needs to be bred to smaller more feminine mares and Zenyatta needs to be bred to a colt with speed. Zenyatta and Curlin are both grinders, they aren't brilliantly quick, you need to bring some real speed into the equasion.

joanied
10-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Its a bad mating, both horses are too muscular and big. Curlin needs to be bred to smaller more feminine mares and Zenyatta needs to be bred to a colt with speed. Zenyatta and Curlin are both grinders, they aren't brilliantly quick, you need to bring some real speed into the equasion.

Excellent point:ThmbUp: