PDA

View Full Version : Help with Prices? Pari-Mutual Super

how2020
10-28-2008, 05:20 AM
I would like to beleive I knew this answer but.........

On Sunday in the last race at Hastings Park, the 1.00 Super paid 10,078.90
and when I look at the pool prices there was only 6,461.00 in the pool. In my opinon I would believe there would be .10 or .50 bet to explain the payoff verse the pool thinking that YouBet only had a 1.00 bet but maybe at the track they offered .10 or .50 bet. I went to the tracks web site it only shows a 1.00 super bet. Any Help? either off track or on track there has to be a 10 or 50 cents bet correct? Thanks for any input. H2020

samyn on the green
10-28-2008, 05:33 AM
Looks like this was hit 5 times for 10 cents.

Tracks always quote price in either $1 or $2 denominations. Sort of like north Atlantic scrod cod selling for $5.99 a pound. Sure someone may only have picked up a 1/4 lb but the price is still $5.99 a lb and the super at Hastings still paid 10,078.90 at the $1 rate. This seems to confuse and enrage a small group of people.

ryesteve
10-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Looks like this was hit 5 times for 10 cents.

Tracks always quote price in either $1 or $2 denominations. Sort of like north Atlantic scrod cod selling for $5.99 a pound. Sure someone may only have picked up a 1/4 lb but the price is still $5.99 a lb and the super at Hastings still paid 10,078.90 at the $1 rate. This seems to confuse and enrage a small group of people.That's not the explanation he's looking for. From the question, it's clear he understands how prices are computed and posted. The question is HOW was this one hit for 10 cents when the track doesn't seem to offer a 10 cent super. Either the track's info is out of date, or some hubs are allowed to offer lower minimums, or the difference has to do with the exchange rate between US and Canadian dollars (ie if you standardize to US dollars, our minimum is still $1, but theirs is just 70-something cents).

Rook
10-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Either the track's info is out of date, or some hubs are allowed to offer lower minimums, or the difference has to do with the exchange rate between US and Canadian dollars

Canadians are able to bet 20 cent supers on the Canadian tracks while American customers get shafted with $1 minimums. :mad: I hope more people demand for this to be changed because I do all my Northlands betting through PTC.