PDA

View Full Version : Even those covering Obama don't know who he is...

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2008, 01:39 AM
If that's the case, how the hell are "we the people" supposed to make an informed decision? What are Obama's people trying to hide by their constant protection of their candidate? McCain was reamed for trying to protect Palin in the beginning....

Front page LA Times:

Confessions from the Obama campaign trail (http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-na-peter28-2008oct28,0,4461196.story)

I've watched Obama demonstrate a soccer kick to his daughter in Chicago; devour a cheesesteak in Philly; navigate a roller rink in Indiana; drive a bumper car; and catapult 125 feet in the air on an amusement-park ride called "Big Ben." He's done it all with dogged professionalism, but with little show of spontaneity. After all this time with him, I still can't say with certainty who he is.

LottaKash
10-28-2008, 05:14 AM
If that's the case, how the hell are "we the people" supposed to make an informed decision?

We are not, and tragically that is exactly how it is intended to be, by the "powers behind the throne", at this juncture in our nation's history....All part of the great plan.....I think...

best,

Tom
10-28-2008, 07:55 AM
We know who he is.

lamboguy
10-28-2008, 07:56 AM
i know who he is. he is a punk

witchdoctor
10-28-2008, 08:42 AM
i know who he is. he is a punk

Whi is a punk?

Obama or Soros

Greyfox
10-28-2008, 09:18 AM
The Drudge Report headline this morning is that Obama wants there to be a day off work to vote for the election.

It's pretty clear that this guy has never ran his own small business.
Unbelievable. A day off work to vote. That's nuts.

OBAMA CALLS FOR 'DAY OFF' WORK FOR ELECTION (http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=206933)

ddog
10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
It has always struck me as lunacy that there is not a national holiday to vote.
The most "sacred" duty one has in a republic and yet we have days off for all manner of other "holidays".

I don't get it.

Never have.

Greyfox
10-28-2008, 09:30 AM
It has always struck me as lunacy that there is not a national holiday to vote.
The most "sacred" duty one has in a republic and yet we have days off for all manner of other "holidays".

I don't get it.

Never have.

Crap. You've never owned a business either. There are already too many National Holidays. Another day off and just that much less Gross National Product. Holidays are for the lazy and the lazy minded, even if this one is every four years.

Tom
10-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Strange....having the day off will only help republicans, who work and carry the nation. Most of Obama's supporters don't work. :rolleyes::lol:

ddog
10-28-2008, 09:53 AM
I never gave a thought to which side it would help, just always seemed we cry about low turnout and then we don't do much to give working stiffs a break.

I still never get it.

ddog
10-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Crap. You've never owned a business either. There are already too many National Holidays. Another day off and just that much less Gross National Product. Holidays are for the lazy and the lazy minded, even if this one is every four years.

6 at various times at last count.

we even ask people to either come in late or leave early to vote.

I guess some things come or should before a buck once in awhile anyway.

Well you can cancel New years , 4th of july , christmas,etc. if you want to , i don't mind.

By the by, all the holidays are actually a plus for your GDP.
:lol:

ddog
10-28-2008, 10:00 AM
If that's the case, how the hell are "we the people" supposed to make an informed decision? What are Obama's people trying to hide by their constant protection of their candidate? McCain was reamed for trying to protect Palin in the beginning....

Front page LA Times:

Confessions from the Obama campaign trail (http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-na-peter28-2008oct28,0,4461196.story)

Pa, you were probably a little young to recall , but they said and still say the same thing about Reagan,hmmmmmmmmmmmm,bama even praised him,maybe we REALLY don't know this guy. :lol:

Greyfox
10-28-2008, 10:09 AM
By the by, all the holidays are actually a plus for your GDP.
:lol:

By that argument we should take every day off, and some people do.

ddog
10-28-2008, 10:11 AM
By that argument we should take every day off, and some people do.

you da man grey!

The Judge
10-28-2008, 10:52 AM
there use to time off work to vote in most if not all states. Now polls are open to 8:00 p.m so I quess there is no need. A day off work will only make the turn out smaller as people will just turn it into an extra long weekend. The more Civic minded would vote absentee then stay away.

Can always try it and see I suppose its worked in other countries.

Greyfox
10-28-2008, 11:06 AM
The "Time off to Vote" suggestion is a symptom of a deeper cause.
It's popular with the masses.
Everybody likes to get something for nothing. Why not another day off?

Well the problem is, what Robin Hood Obama doesn't get is that
"Everything comes at a price."

He gives everyone a day off to vote. In doing so, small businessmen now have one more day of wages to pay out for when no work has been done.
Obama isn't giving anything. It's the small businessmen of America who will be giving and that's what this guy's problem is.
He wants to give you free, what someone else worked for.

He wants to be popular to the lower and middle classes. But it comes at a price.
That price is paid by small businesses across America, while Obama simply flips out the bright ideas.
Well, I've got news for all of you.
There are no Free Lunches period. The small businessmen will extract that price right back out of each of us. You just don't get something for nothing any more, even a free day off every four years.

Tom
10-28-2008, 11:25 AM

BINGO!

Post of the year. This sums up OBama to a tee.
This is why he not an American.

oddsmaven
10-28-2008, 11:28 AM
The "Time off to Vote" suggestion is a symptom of a deeper cause.
It's popular with the masses.
Everybody likes to get something for nothing. Why not another day off?

Well the problem is, what Robin Hood Obama doesn't get is that
"Everything comes at a price."

He gives everyone a day off to vote. In doing so, small businessmen now have one more day of wages to pay out for when no work has been done.
Obama isn't giving anything. It's the small businessmen of America who will be giving and that's what this guy's problem is.

He wants to be popular to the lower and middle classes. But it comes at a price.
That price is paid by small businesses across America, while Obama simply flips out the bright ideas.
Well, I've got news for all of you.
There are no Free Lunches period. The small businessmen will extract that price right back out of each of us. You just don't get something for nothing any more, even a free day off every four years.
First, DDog is right on the money with his posts here...second, Greyfox you should definitely portray Ebeneezer Scrooge on any Christmas Carol remakes...you wouldn't need to memorize any dialogue, just stay in character and bark out your views.

Tom
10-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Greyfox, loose cannon you!
How dare you expect to actually keep what you earn.
How dare you expect people to act responsible and work for what they get.
This is clearly not the Russian way. Czarbama will be watching you! ;)

ddog
10-28-2008, 01:25 PM
BINGO!

Post of the year. This sums up OBama to a tee.
This is why he not an American.

I am talking giving people time off from WORK.

That means, GUESS what , THEY worked for IT!

Try running a business that requires employees with NONE of the same, you don't get very far.

Also, if you really had any experience running a successfull business, you would know that a small benefit, if we can call it that, every 4 years or every 2 years for that matter comes back to you 10fold , you want your people if they are good and if not why do you have them to think you care a little about their lives.

Voting is or should be a very important part of that.

I want to encourage people to be engaged not run some petty tyrant game on them.

I guess it depends on what kind of people you have working with you.

oddsmaven
10-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Greyfox, loose cannon you!
How dare you expect to actually keep what you earn.
How dare you expect people to act responsible and work for what they get.
This is clearly not the Russian way. Czarbama will be watching you! ;)
Ok Tom, you can be Greyfox's understudy... Here :( is your script:
“Are there no prisons? . . . And the Union workhouses, . . . are they still in operation? . . . The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigor, then?”
(Obama-like character replies, “Many can’t go there, and many would rather die.” Cue to cruel SOB's reply: “If they would rather die,” said Greyfox or Tom, “they had better do it and decrease the surplus population.” (then finally relenting “A poor excuse for picking a man’s pocket every 4 years!” said Greyfox/Tom, buttoning his greatcoat to the chin. “But I suppose they must have the whole day. Be here all the earlier the next morning.”

Tom
10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
You see, Odds-bodkins, you have no clue. You post is pure ignorance. No one ever said anything about not helping those who need it. You assume that, incorrectly. At the same time you totally ignore the concept of self-responsibility. Neither GF nor I have ever said - in fact, we have said the opposite - that we should not help those who need it and are deserving. You just jump to conclusions without looking at any facts at all.

Typical non-thinking liberal behavior. In fact, I have stated here that the slugs who milk the system are making it harder for truly deserving people who are getting screwed by the drunk/druggies/lazy SOBs who are stealing from them.

My tax dollars helping the elderly get their meds, or heat their homes is not their right, nor my responsibility, but my duty as a human being, which I gladly accept, and also kick in out of my disposable income quite generously throughout the year. My tax dollars buying booze and crack and TVs and cable and cell phones for those who not only choose not to be accountable, but have done so generationally is not acceptable. I have no time for fools like you so let me sum this up in words even you will understand: BITE ME.
(Andy Sipowitz, October 14, 2002) :D

Greyfox
10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm not stupid. Of course it sounds Scroogey, piggly, quibly, and so on not to be prepared to give 1 day off every 4 years. Aw shucks, that's just two hours per year. That's not the point.

The one day off is not the point.
It is symbolic of this man's thought process.
He's prepared to give what isn't his to give.
In doing so, he is not respecting the values and fundamental rights of those who can make that decision if they choose to.

We shouldn't stay focussed on the 1 day off thing.
This style of thinking has much larger implications for what this guy thinks he can get away with when it comes to negotiating:
1. nuclear disarmament
2. withdrawal from foreign wars
3. my payment of income tax
4. appointment of the Supreme Court
and the issues go on.

The one day off thing is no big deal.
The fact is: It is the only concrete proposal that Obama has made to date. The only one. The rest are abstract fairy-wary ideas of "Change."

You can't sink your teeth into any other proposal that this man has made. The concrete example is a signal, a small signal, of what's to come on a bigger scale.

Suff
10-28-2008, 02:30 PM

In 2005 George Bush declared a three day National Voting Holiday.

In Iraq.:lol:

America voting locations are frequently in schools and other public buildings that disrupt the normal flow of commerce. Our voting infrastructure does not support the demand, people should not have to wait in line for hours to vote.

The organizations pushing for a voting Holiday are also willing to accept a two day Saturday and Sunday voting Scheme. We should do one or the other.

New England farmers went to market on Tuesdays.., that's where our Tuesday voting tradition comes from. We need to modernize our voting procedures. Voting rights trump GDP.

Greyfox
10-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Suff, It's not about one day off or three days off or 1 year off.
It's about the thought system of the man proposing it.

DeanT
10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't know who he is. Like this thing today, and it came from his book. It is seven days to go and we get a quote from his book like this in the press.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/28/obama-affinity-marxists-dates-college-days/

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully," the Democratic presidential candidate wrote in his memoir, "Dreams From My Father." "The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."

Now, I dont know what that means deep down, but I would love to have heard him speak about it. I would bet that he was a calculating politician at a young age and he knew he needed friends to help him; he is not a communist. It shows how he thinks about his future as a leader, more than likely. But I just do not know much about this guy, I find. We did a really bad job vetting him. I know more about Palin that I do him, and she has been around for 8 weeks.

LottaKash
10-28-2008, 03:00 PM
. Holidays are for the lazy and the lazy minded

Count me in........:jump:

oddsmaven
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
You see, Odds-bodkins, you have no clue. You post is pure ignorance.... Typical non-thinking liberal behavior.... In fact, I have stated here that the slugs who....( :sleeping: this boring section edited down buy Oddsmaven to focus on the true spirit of this rant)....(continuing with Tommy boy back on track --> ....getting screwed by the drunk/druggies/lazy SOBs who are stealing from them....
I have no time for fools like you so let me sum this up in words even you will understand: BITE ME. :D
And McCain thinks he wouldn't win any congeniality contests...let him have at with you and let all decent folks scatter :blush: .

wonatthewire1
10-28-2008, 06:12 PM

Many countries vote on Saturdays or Sundays (depending on which is the religious day of rest)

We keep it on weekdays - maybe a holdover from the days when only the wealthy voted

Marshall Bennett
10-28-2008, 07:21 PM
ABC news reporter on the evening news in response to the massive early voting turnout , claims its a result of Obama asking voters to vote early and avoid huge crowds and confusion on election day . What he really means is to hurry up and vote before they change their minds .

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2008, 02:59 AM
But I just do not know much about this guy, I find. We did a really bad job vetting him. I know more about Palin that I do him, and she has been around for 8 weeks.An excellent point lost on many.