PDA

View Full Version : HOW SHOULD I PLAY MY TRI.

amazingD
10-28-2008, 12:18 AM
I GET SELECTIONS LIKE.. 34 WITH 59.

I WANT TO PLAY THE TRI WITHOUG HANDICAPPING: SHOULD I PLAY IT AS THE FOLLOWING
34 WITH 59 WITH ALL
OR
34 WITH 59 WITH NEXT 4 HORSES IN LOW ODDS ORDER HORSES

OR
34 WITH 59 WITH NEXT LONGEST ODDS HORSES. USUALLY THE 34 WILL BE THE TOP TWO FAVS.
kEEP IN MIND I DONT WANT TO HANDICAP THE RACES AND WANT TO PLAY THE TRI WITH JUST THE
34 WITH 59 SELECTIONS GIVEN TO ME?
WHATS THE STATS SAY ON THIS ANYONE

dav4463
10-28-2008, 12:25 AM
No handicapping trifecta:

Rank by last race speed figure.

Throw out the top two.

Play 345 w 345 w 34567 ranked.

Then play 12 w 567 w 567 ranked.

ranchwest
10-28-2008, 12:33 AM
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, play silks in this order:

blue
pink
red
white

On all other days, reverse the order. Never bet green silks.

amazingD
10-28-2008, 01:11 AM
YES SOUNDS LAME TO ASK BUT I GET MY SELECTIONS LIKE SUCH AND DONT WANT TO HANDICAP THE REST OF THE FIELD.
WONDERING IF THE ALL BURGER IS A BAD BET VS THE NEXT 5 CHALKS FOR THE SHOW SPOT
No handicapping trifecta:

Rank by last race speed figure.

Throw out the top two.

Play 345 w 345 w 34567 ranked.

Then play 12 w 567 w 567 ranked.

dav4463
10-28-2008, 01:28 AM
I thought you meant trifectas with no handicapping whatsoever! Sorry! If I had it narrowed down to four selections, I would rank the other horses by their odds and include them.

If your selections have both the first and second favorite, I wouldn't play the trifecta.

Try to eliminate either the first or second favorite. If your picks have just one of them, leave the other one out and rank the remaining by odds. If your selections have neither first or second favorite, then I would not use one of them for third. I would rank by odds without including the first or second favorite. Play an exacta in case the favorite or second fave runs third.

Chalk for third is not that good usually. The exacta is a better play in that situation.

ryesteve
10-28-2008, 07:55 AM
YES SOUNDS LAME TO ASK BUT I GET MY SELECTIONS LIKE SUCH AND DONT WANT TO HANDICAP THE REST OF THE FIELD. If you have no opinion on what horse will fill the tri, then you have absolutely no business betting it. There's no automatic strategy that will outperform the exacta in the long run.

amazingD
10-28-2008, 09:29 AM
COOL. THE SELECTIONS ARE STRONG. Sounds like just an exacta wheel should be used most of the time. ab with cd for 2$ and cd with abcd for $1. Unless he throws out one of the chalks, then play the tri.

ddog
10-28-2008, 10:16 AM
yes, there is an auto that will outperform the exacta in the long run, just not in every race.

size matters.

Grits
10-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Don't want, too lazy, too busy. But you "get" and rely on a tout's top four "strong" choices. How do you know they're strong?

If you have any handicapping skill at all, you could have easily answered your own lame question in the time its taking to post it.

You won't ever be a horseplayer. A gambler maybe, but not a horseplayer.

amazingD
10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
you have to be a gambler

Don't want, too lazy, too busy. But you "get" and rely on a tout's top four "strong" choices. How do you know they're strong?

If you have any handicapping skill at all, you could have easily answered your own lame question in the time its taking to post it.

You won't ever be a horseplayer. A gambler maybe, but not a horseplayer.

amazingD
10-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Field size is usually 8 to 10...

yes, there is an auto that will outperform the exacta in the long run, just not in every race.

size matters.