PDA

View Full Version : Kathleen Parker, "Journalist"

toetoe
10-26-2008, 07:55 PM
I call your attention to an article on page A19 of last Friday's Washington Post. Something About Sarah, by Kathleen Parker, claims that McCain was smitten by Sarah Palin's looks, and that this rash decision has cost him any chance of election.

How myopic, how asinine is this view ? Let me count the ways.

* A seasoned politico has lost his head/heart/crotch just in time to blow the biggest race of his life ? How condescending, Miss Parker. How wonderfully salacious; why worry about issues when HIGHLY speculative gossip is there for the spreading ?

* Any circumspect journalist would review the entire field of this horse race, and notice immediately that Barack Obama is the American Woman's heartthrob. What is this crush based on ? Yes, his looks (a grand tradition in America, Miss Parker). If that is a tragically flawed way to choose a president, it seems that Miss Parker is not trippin.'

* Obama's black half is the sole reason for the support of many of his people. Tragically flawed ? Not to Miss Parker. Well, maybe she hasn't noticed ? :confused:

* Sarah Palin might suffer from the same affliction that beset Hilary Clinton: women will NOT vote for a woman in great numbers, at least for President. As a running mate, SP may not take a huge hit. But honestly, what reasonably sexed woman would vote for McCain/Palin with Obama available as an alternative ? Miss Parker, please enlighten.

Marshall Bennett
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
I call your attention to an article on page A19 of last Friday's Washington Post. Something About Sarah, by Kathleen Parker, claims that McCain was smitten by Sarah Palin's looks, and that this rash decision has cost him any chance of election.

How myopic, how asinine is this view ? Let me count the ways.

* A seasoned politico has lost his head/heart/crotch just in time to blow the biggest race of his life ? How condescending, Miss Parker. How wonderfully salacious; why worry about issues when HIGHLY speculative gossip is there for the spreading ?

* Any circumspect journalist would review the entire field of this horse race, and notice immediately that Barack Obama is the American Woman's heartthrob. What is this crush based on ? Yes, his looks (a grand tradition in America, Miss Parker). If that is a tragically flawed way to choose a president, it seems that Miss Parker is not trippin.'

* Obama's black half is the sole reason for the support of many of his people. Tragically flawed ? Not to Miss Parker. Well, maybe she hasn't noticed ? :confused:

* Sarah Palin might suffer from the same affliction that beset Hilary Clinton: women will NOT vote for a woman in great numbers, at least for President. As a running mate, SP may not take a huge hit. But honestly, what reasonably sexed woman would vote for McCain/Palin with Obama available as an alternative ? Miss Parker, please enlighten.
I learned a while back to skip her column when I read the morning paper . The bitch is headstrung , often attacking anything sacred to family values . I actually began reading the article but quickly turned the page , No need starting off an otherwise nice day digging through the garbage .

LottaKash
10-27-2008, 12:13 AM
That is not journalism....It is just plain Gossip.......Trash..........:confused:

best,