PDA

View Full Version : Light Exacta In Classic?

Pace Cap'n
10-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Does anyone besides me think the 8-5 exacta in the Classic came back about 50% light? Especially considering the 4/5 shot missed?

Imriledup
10-26-2008, 08:21 AM
There are two ways you can look at this. Way #1 is saying the exacta is light, way #2 is saying the exacta isn't light yet the WPS prices of the top two horses are extreme value. Remember, the smartest bettors in the world are diving into exotic pools moreso than WPS. Lots of 'squares' bet Curlin down to 4-5, but those same bettors didn't hammer him as hard in exactas. The exacta only looks light because the WPS prices were so overlaid.

Also, the top 2 were Europeans and the Euro's were dominating, so lots of people did a euro box and that watered down the price.

personally, i thought the tri in the BC dirt mile was very light. That tri should have paid much more than 1600 for a buck, that's the price i was thought was too low.

ryesteve
10-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Does anyone besides me think the 8-5 exacta in the Classic came back about 50% light? Especially considering the 4/5 shot missed?That was one of those "if you like one, you've got to like the other" exactas, so it makes sense that the price on that combination would be deflated relative to their odds (and I also don't think Curlin was bet like a 4/5 shot in any of the exotic pools)

InsideThePylons-MW
10-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Someone probably had it for $50 ;)