PDA

View Full Version : Toteboard-daytrader.com

andicap
07-06-2001, 04:30 PM
Opinions on this? Bringing Wall Street to the racetrack.

http://www.toteboard-daytrader.com/

GR1@HTR
07-06-2001, 04:56 PM
Cool idea...Real cool if it works...

Rick Ransom
07-06-2001, 05:03 PM
Cool! I never thought I'd see anything like that. It would be fun to play around with. I guess this will put the Dr. Z guys out of business for good (if there are any left).

Tim
07-06-2001, 05:16 PM
The only money ever made with the Dr Z system was made by William Morrow & Company, the book publisher.

This looks very interesting. At least the pricing structure won't kill you if it's a bomb and if it works, nice.

Rick Ransom
07-06-2001, 05:51 PM
You could test some of the old toteboard systems with this thing and print out the graphs for further research at a later time. We'll probably see some pictures from this thing in the next handicapping book.

Actually I like to see things like this. The more information available the better. It increases the parimutuel pools if people think they're spotting overlays when they're probably not. I still hear people talk about a horse being an "overlay" when the actual odds are higher than morning line odds.

Also, people love to look for patterns in stock market data, so maybe this will get them interested in horse racing too.

07-07-2001, 07:47 AM
I wouldn't pay $15 a month for it.

A one time fee for the software maybe, but $15 a mo. nah. There are other alternatives to getting the real time info and you can do your own display in excel.

IMO the late reporting of odds puts the whole value betting and tote board watching plays in doubt anyway.

Tom
07-07-2001, 09:51 AM
It won't be long before tracks will be installing brdiges
to accomadate the cutomers.
Maybe they could put one lot machine right in the middle, sort of one for the road......
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
Tom

Rick Ransom
07-07-2001, 08:12 PM
Yeah, you guys are right. What I really want is for somebody else to spend his hard earned money on this thing and let me know if they found anything interesting. Isn't this what we all want?

Butch
07-15-2001, 11:22 PM
The reason that Dr. Z's system doesn't work is because it's contrary to the realities of the track. In actuality, a tote watching system that did very well for about three years (until some idiot published a system about it) was to look for a betdown from the morning line odds that was also overbet in the place pool. The idea was that the inside money (stables, whoever) would bet to win and place. Whatever the rationale was, it worked fairly well for a while, and like anything else, it became worthless once too many guys started doing it, although a guy who still does it says it works at the harness races at Meadowlands.

Butch
\

NoDayJob
07-16-2001, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Butch
The reason that Dr. Z's system doesn't work is because it's contrary to the realities of the track. In actuality, a tote watching system that did very well for about three years (until some idiot published a system about it) was to look for a betdown from the morning line odds that was also overbet in the place pool. The idea was that the inside money (stables, whoever) would bet to win and place. Whatever the rationale was, it worked fairly well for a while, and like anything else, it became worthless once too many guys started doing it, although a guy who still does it says it works at the harness races at Meadowlands.

Butch
\

Well, that killed it for the guy at Meadowlands! I'll sell you my new system for $99.99. Ha Ha -NDJ

NNMan
07-22-2001, 12:58 PM
We've been doing something similar for well over a year now with our CherryPickr program. The difference is we don't analyze the "smart money" patterns in the tote but just use it to get the current odds as close to post as possible to let our "Bet Neural Network" determine the best wager.

I like the way horse racing is trending toward using the Internet and the use of IT. If we can just get those crazy day-trader types to come over to the pari-mutuel pools, we'd all have a feast...