PDA

View Full Version : 1 Percent of French Prefer McCain

prospector
10-23-2008, 09:57 PM
another reason to vote for mccain....

It's hardly a secret that Barack Obama is Europe's favorite U.S. presidential candidate.

But a new poll shows that in France, just 1 percent of people think John McCain should win the White House. By contrast, 78 percent back Obama, while 5 percent don't want either to win.

According to Reuters, the poll found the five largest Europeans countries were unanimously behind Obama in the U.S. race.

In Germany, McCain's support isn't much stronger. Five percent of those polled supported the Republican nominee, compared with 72 percent for Obama.

The poll was conducted by Harris Interactive. It comes on the heels of another survey by Reader's Digest that found Obama was the preferred candidate in 16 of 17 countries. The only country to prefer McCain: the United States.

Other U.S. polls, however, show McCain trailing Obama.

Foreign Policy magazine also has published what it calls an "Electoral Map of the World" with Gallup's global numbers showing Obama heavily favored in western Europe, Africa and other parts of the world.

Bubba X
10-23-2008, 10:49 PM
another reason to vote for mccain....

It's hardly a secret that Barack Obama is Europe's favorite U.S. presidential candidate.

But a new poll shows that in France, just 1 percent of people think John McCain should win the White House. By contrast, 78 percent back Obama, while 5 percent don't want either to win.

According to Reuters, the poll found the five largest Europeans countries were unanimously behind Obama in the U.S. race.

In Germany, McCain's support isn't much stronger. Five percent of those polled supported the Republican nominee, compared with 72 percent for Obama.

The poll was conducted by Harris Interactive. It comes on the heels of another survey by Reader's Digest that found Obama was the preferred candidate in 16 of 17 countries. The only country to prefer McCain: the United States.

Other U.S. polls, however, show McCain trailing Obama.

Foreign Policy magazine also has published what it calls an "Electoral Map of the World" with Gallup's global numbers showing Obama heavily favored in western Europe, Africa and other parts of the world.

Yes, the French cannot be trusted to think objectively. Same is pretty much true of the Italians, Germans, Brits and, of course, the Belgians.

They are all rats. Just like all of the GOP folks who have endorsed Obama.

McCain, can now include Osama bin Laden as well as Joe the Plumber among his many high profile supporters.

Call it a wash.

Marshall Bennett
10-23-2008, 11:29 PM
They likely polled European hospitals , in particular the millions of drug addicts supported by bankrupt governments that we support . In any event ... who gives a flying f*** what they think ?

Bubba X
10-23-2008, 11:34 PM
They likely polled European hospitals , in particular the millions of drug addicts supported by bankrupt governments that we support . In any event ... who gives a flying f*** what they think ?
I could not have said it any better.

ElKabong
10-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I work for a French owned corp, practically ALL of our corporate officers here are french. I can tell you without a doubt that these people do not care for America even a little bit. Incredibly incompetent, resistant to progress and change, and if they could close the doors here, they would. Only thing keeping the place open is the north American customer base has demanded better service, and that can't happen from across the pond (for multiple reasons).

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2008, 04:14 AM
McCain, can now include Osama bin Laden among his many high profile supporters.What the hell are you talking about?

hcap
10-24-2008, 05:53 AM
I think it's about time you PA high-fivers brought back "freedom fries"
Boycotted anything with Heinz on the label, and for that matter passed a 50% across the board import tax.

Damn Un Americun ferignurs.

Tom
10-24-2008, 07:55 AM
I had Freedom fries and HUNTS catsup last night, hcap.

Bubba X
10-24-2008, 09:09 AM
What the hell are you talking about?
What the hell do you mean by "what the hell are you talking about?"

OK,
1. The thread is about foreign support, or relative lack of support, for McCain.
2. Al Qaeda came out with its endorsement of McCain
3. Joe the P is, of course, a McCain supporter
4. A substantial number of, as some would characterize, prominent Republicans have endorsed Obama.

So, essentially, "news," this week with regard to high profile endorsements of either candidate reflect:
a) Several prominent GOP members have endorsed Obama
b) Europeans are supporitve of Obama over McCain by a wide margin
c) McCains highest profile latest endorsements include Osama bin Laden, Joe the Plumber and, this just in..., Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

Worthy or otherwise of your consideration, this is what the hell I am talking about.

exactaplayer
10-24-2008, 09:16 AM
What the hell do you mean by "what the hell are you talking about?"

OK,
1. The thread is about foreign support, or relative lack of support, for McCain.
3. Joe the P is, of course, a McCain supporter
4. A substantial number of, as some would characterize, prominent Republicans have endorsed Obama.

So, essentially, "news," this week with regard to high profile endorsements of either candidate reflect:
a) Several prominent GOP members have endorsed Obama
b) Europeans are supporitve of Obama over McCain by a wide margin
c) McCains highest profile latest endorsements include Osama bin Laden, Joe the Plumber and, this just in..., Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

Worthy or otherwise of your consideration, this is what the hell I am talking about.:lol:

DanG
10-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Yes, the French cannot be trusted to think objectively. Same is pretty much true of the Italians, Germans, Brits and, of course, the Belgians.

They are all rats.
This is just friggin brilliant. :bang:

Tells me everything I need to know…thanks Bubba. I’ll be back in civilization if you need to update your ignorant list.

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I've searched and searched, but could not find a link to this story. Can you provide a link? I'd like to read about this.....

Bubba X
10-24-2008, 06:17 PM
I've searched and searched, but could not find a link to this story. Can you provide a link? I'd like to read about this.....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/johnmccain/3238578/John-McCain-endorsed-by-al-Qaeda-supporters.html

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Ah, thanks for the link. It is living proof that you are intellectually dishonest.

You failed to mention that this is not a story of the actual AQ supporting McCain, but a story about some third party group that happens to support AQ and also issued some self-serving PR statement saying they also support McCain. But to you, I suppose that isn't a big difference.

No wonder I couldn't find a story about the actual AQ coming out in support of McCain. There is none.

Bubba X
10-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Ah, thanks for the link. It is living proof that you are intellectually dishonest.

You failed to mention that this is not a story of the actual AQ supporting McCain, but a story about some third party group that happens to support AQ and also issued some self-serving PR statement saying they also support McCain. But to you, I suppose that isn't a big difference.

No wonder I couldn't find a story about the actual AQ coming out in support of McCain. There is none.

Bunk.

I knew exactly what I was posting when I did based on what it is based. I believe it to be 100% true in the manner I stated it. But, of course, you are welcome to your opinion about whether it is worthy of passing whatever sniff test you assign to it.

I would ask you to amplify your comment regarding "... actual Al Qaeda ...." What does that mean? Best I know, AQ does not have an official website nor a chief communications officer so if I'm wrong there, help me out, ok?

I suppose it's often hard to just disagree without name calling but that's just me.

I knew I was taking bait when I responded to you but that's ok too. But I will not resort to name calling or banging my rattle. Sorry, I won't bite on that.

If you haven't considered doing so, you might give thought to checking out some media from outside of the U.S., especially with respect to the Middle East.

If I had to recommend one place to start that process, I'd go with The Jerusalem Post.

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2008, 07:26 PM
How is it name calling if it's an accurate description of the situation as I see it?

All of a sudden, AQ is not an actual organized group? They don't release video tapes? Their leader isn't bin Laden?

Believe me, if AQ actually wanted the world to know they are throwing their weight behind McCain, everyone and their mother-in-law would know about it...just as they did with Kerry in 2004.

This isn't something that is going to remain hidden in some foreign newspaper.

What you posted prior to the story led me to believe something far different from what the story said itself.

Bubba X
10-24-2008, 07:39 PM
How is it name calling if it's an accurate description of the situation as I see it?

All of a sudden, AQ is not an actual organized group? They don't release video tapes? Their leader isn't bin Laden?

Believe me, if AQ actually wanted the world to know they are throwing their weight behind McCain, everyone and their mother-in-law would know about it...just as they did with Kerry in 2004.

This isn't something that is going to remain hidden in some foreign newspaper.

What you posted prior to the story led me to believe something far different from what the story said itself.

As you see it. And that is far different that I see it.

Just tell me what "intellectually dishonest" means?

Should I call anyone here the same or similar if they state something I consider worthy of such nomination if it accurately describes the situation as I see it?

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Just tell me what "intellectually dishonest" means?

Should I call anyone here the same or similar if they state something I consider worthy of such nomination if it accurately describes the situation as I see it?Sure, if you think they are holding back on facts that might change the entire story in the eyes of most, then go for it....

The mighty Wiki defines it as:

Intellectual dishonesty is the advocacy of a position which the advocate knows or believes to be false, or is the advocacy of a position which the advocate does not know to be true, and has not performed rigorous due diligence to insure the truthfulness of the position.