PDA

View Full Version : Which race would you Tri box the field in the BC?

Imriledup
10-23-2008, 07:02 PM
If a relative of yours told you that for your birthday (which is today! happy birthday btw) he'll give you a 1 dollar trifecta box of ALL/ALL/ALL in any of the 14 race breeders cups you want, which race would you choose? (disclaimer: he bets it and holds the ticket until the race is run, you dont have the option of betting and cancelling and keeping the money)

MNslappy
10-24-2008, 03:07 AM
either of the 2 year old races on Saturday

Zoot
10-24-2008, 04:33 AM
Assuming you would have to decide well in advance I would look for what looks to be the most contentious race. Preferably a large field. And if you don't want to have to analyze each race to death looking for possible good longshots then I would look to the morning line odds as a quick indicator of a contentious and/or confusing race. With much more loose money floating around on BC day you have a better chance of catching some good odds when the public is confused.

Or... you can go back to the results of past BC races and see if there are any particular races that stand out as having historically high trifecta payouts.

This is all assuming you have to decide before possibly seeing any tote odds information.

juanepstein
10-24-2008, 04:49 AM
play two races but put half the field on top like the odd or even posts.

you might just hit two big payouts.

cnollfan
10-24-2008, 07:30 AM
I would tri box the filly and mare sprint. It looks like the speed should fall apart making the race a crapshoot for half a dozen longshot closers, and maybe one of the speeds will get clear and hang on for part, further complicating things.