PDA

View Full Version : Home for Alysheba

joanied
10-23-2008, 11:04 AM
This is wonderful news...

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2008/October/23/Derby-winner-Alysheba-headed-back-to-Kentucky.aspx

Fingal
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Welcome home........:cool:

GaryG
10-23-2008, 12:11 PM
What a pleasant surprise...I visited his "old home place", the Scharbauer's farm in Pilot Point, TX several years ago. They had one room set up as an Alysheba museum. They stood Rare Brick and Marfa at the time. Good news for JVB I an sure. Thanks for the link.

joanied
10-23-2008, 12:49 PM
What a pleasant surprise...I visited his "old home place", the Scharbauer's farm in Pilot Point, TX several years ago. They had one room set up as an Alysheba museum. They stood Rare Brick and Marfa at the time. Good news for JVB I an sure. Thanks for the link.

Yes indeed... what happened to Excellor & Ferdinand was so heartbreaking...but thanks to those 2 incredible horses and their horrible fate, it forced owners to take responsibility for thier horses that go overseas...this is outstanding.
Ah, Marfa...part of my beloved Foolish Pleausre...I was sad when Marfa passed away.

Norm
10-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Im glad to hear that. He is one of my favorites. I enjoyed watching him avenge his sire in the Derby and Preakness that year.

joanied
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Im glad to hear that. He is one of my favorites. I enjoyed watching him avenge his sire in the Derby and Preakness that year.

me too.
And folks talk about the miraculous recovery of Afeet Alex in the Preakness...I think most forget Alysheba had a miraculous recovery himself...and won:ThmbUp:

GaryG
10-23-2008, 07:12 PM
I was in CA for both of his epic battles with Ferdinand, one in the Big Cap and the other the BC Classic. Those races just took my breath away....thanks Aly, see you at the KHP.

PaceAdvantage
10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
This is indeed good news. Thanks for posting the link.

Tom Barrister
10-23-2008, 08:01 PM
I remember the 1987 Classic between Ferdinand and Alysheba, which the former won by a nose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk8G8AR7TaM

It's tragic how their post-racing careers had such opposite endings.